ADVERTISEMENT

Many are saying that whoever wins...

Nov 30, 2003
will be #1 blah blah blah. Yeah, I get that. But if we lose, do we really drop that much in the polls after a murderers-row of opponents w/ a 2-1 record? I really dont think so.

No we may drop to 5. Our resume at this point is best in the country kenpom wins 30, 7 and 8. If Marquette beats us they should be 1 and we’d be around 5 MAYBE 6. But that doesn’t matter at all at this point ( as we all know 😊)

will be #1 blah blah blah. Yeah, I get that. But if we lose, do we really drop that much in the polls after a murderers-row of opponents w/ a 2-1 record? I really dont think so.
Probably depends on how we look. Lose close, probably fall to 4.

If Shaka runs us off the court, prepare for us to fall out of the top five…. And for @bonefish1 to never let us hear the end of it.

I doubt today's game affects Purdue's ranking unless Purdue wins and then will be number 1. Winner today I think moves to number 1. I would think if Purdue lost they would retain number 2. If that happens Purdue already beat Gonzaga and Tenn...two quality wins and if they get beat by Marquette, the Marquette team would be number 1. Should number 1 beating number 2 drop number two after the two quality wins? Who knows?

I doubt today's game affects Purdue's ranking unless Purdue wins and then will be number 1. Winner today I think moves to number 1. I would think if Purdue lost they would retain number 2. If that happens Purdue already beat Gonzaga and Tenn...two quality wins and if they get beat by Marquette, the Marquette team would be number 1. Should number 1 beating number 2 drop number two after the two quality wins? Who knows?

Arizona and UConn would likely be next....just the way the timing works with a loss. Either way, it's a good week for Purdue with some quality competition and a healthy dose of adversity and requirement to suck it up and tough it out. No Hawaiian picnic or luau.

Just my two cents......probably worth $0.0001.....Haha.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We'll be 1-4 regardless but......

If Kansas beats Tennessee big and Purdue loses, I could see us falling as far as 4. 2-4 would be anyone's guess but it could fall out like this:

1) Marquette
2) Arizona
3) Kansas
4) Purdue

No we may drop to 5. Our resume at this point is best in the country kenpom wins 30, 7 and 8. If Marquette beats us they should be 1 and we’d be around 5 MAYBE 6. But that doesn’t matter at all at this point ( as we all know 😊)
If we loose to marq you think we will be 5 or 6? No way. No lower than 4.

I believe rather than rankings what this tourney has proven is that Purdue can win back to back games against top teams on a neutral site with different officiating. this is the type of preparation Purdue needs to be successful in the NCAA tournament. We need to be able to win back to back games with little preparation or knowledge of our opponent. Sometimes resting up between games does not always produce good results. a look at the minutes played last night also shows how much painter wants to win these games. if Zach wasn't in foul trouble, he would also have played 30+ minutes making 4 starters with 30+ minutes each. No time for development at this tourney.

The winner will be number one. No question. Arizona is probably two. Yukon is likely three. After that you have Kansas if they win today, and the loser of this game for or five

The winner will be number one. No question. Arizona is probably two. Yukon is likely three. After that you have Kansas if they win today, and the loser of this game for or five
That's what I get for voice to texting while I'm driving

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT