ADVERTISEMENT

OT: National sports media/YouTube talking heads......

I sm watching highlights from the previous meeting. I see furst and morton on the floor and tennessee collapsing. They do not get to do that at all this time

Exactly. Spread them out, be careful with the ball. Loyer needs a great game. Sometimes physical play limits what he does. Hope he can overcome. Hopefully Gillis and TKR @ the 4 can both rise to the occasion. We know Edey will be a major factor.

My 3 concerns are TOs, the physicality negatively effecting Foul Shooting and especially Zig making it hard for Smith to be Smith. To me those 3 are the make or break deals.

At halftime scum bucket Bruce pearl said the zags in a close one. Post game they didn't let him talk. Hilarious.
Whoever the hell the exfailed coach was as game analyst is freaking horrible. If you can get it to sync with tv, Robbie is on xm radio.

Reactions: DrEss
At halftime scum bucket Bruce pearl said the zags in a close one. Post game they didn't let him talk. Hilarious.
Whoever the hell the exfailed coach was as game analyst is freaking horrible. If you can get it to sync with tv, Robbie is on xm radio.
He also said he thinks UT is going to win. Guards give ours a hard time …blah blah blah same old same old

Reactions: BoilerAndy
In UT’s second game last weekend, they defeated Texas by 4 points. They shot 34% from the field and 12% from 3. They had 12 turnovers and outrebounded Texas 42-36, 14-7 on the offensive glass. Texas was probably a better team than Utah State, but UT in their 2nd game was certainly not as crisp as their first game. Maybe their physical style tires them out as well.

If Purdue can limit UT’s offensive rebounds and our turnovers, I really like our chances in this game. We will not shoot as well, but with Zach, I don't think Purdue will need to.

In UT’s second game last weekend, they defeated Texas by 4 points. They shot 34% from the field and 12% from 3. They had 12 turnovers and outrebounded Texas 42-36, 14-7 on the offensive glass. Texas was probably a better team than Utah State, but UT in their 2nd game was certainly not as crisp as their first game. Maybe their physical style tires them out as well.

If Purdue can limit UT’s offensive rebounds and our turnovers, I really like our chances in this game. We will not shoot as well, but with Zach, I don't think Purdue will need to.

That was the game where Tennessee was really vulnerable, Doc. Texas couldn't take advantage of it - partly from Tennessee's defense and partly from just not being patient enough.

This is going to be a war.....IF the Boilers handle/attack Tennessee's physical pressure - and play with poise......they can prevail. Smith will get supremely challenged from Zeigler, and Knecht will be an issue all game long.

Purdue just passed test #1 - Now comes the final exam for this two-game tournament......unquestionably the biggest test/game of the season, now.

THIS is the game they wanted - should be an absolute corker......just relax, take a breath, and play like you are capable of playing.......have fun......leave it all on the floor.

Just to add to UT’s game last Sunday, Ziegler went 2-12 from the field/ 1-8 from 3 and 4 turnovers. Like Smith, he is logging big minutes. The second games of the weekend are usually rock fights, which makes how Purdue played vs Utah St the more impressive.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Just to add to UT’s game last Sunday, Ziegler went 2-12 from the field/ 1-8 from 3 and 4 turnovers. Like Smith, he is logging big minutes. The second games of the weekend are usually rock fights, which makes how Purdue played vs Utah St the more impressive.
Yep:

Knecht - 38
Ziegler - 40
James - 37

Tbh, I dont think it plays THAT much into it, but it may have some factor.

Both teams have played each other, which they know what to somewhat expect. UT was super physical first time around, but nothing Purdue hasn’t seen in the B1G. It’ll be interesting if the refs let them play or if they call 50+ fouls again and we see 78 FTs

We’re 40 minutes away from the final four, and this is without a doubt the worst matchup for Purdue. So nervous about Sunday. I just hope everyone’s hitting their midranges and threes and will be right there with them for sure. I’m going to need medicated by 2:00 PM Sunday. 😂❤️🚂

An SEC coach assuming SEC superiority. Shocking.
And he was the one who took them to their only elite 8. And Candace Parker is a homer too since she obviously played there. They want UT to win, so that’s fine. If we play our game, we are in a great position to win

Reactions: rgarlitz
Pearl virtually guaranteed after Tenny’s win, Tenn will beat Purdue. Said they are too tough on D for Purdue guards.

Pearl virtually guaranteed after Tenny’s win, Tenn will beat Purdue. Said they are too tough on D for Purdue guards.
depends how the game will be called, they love to hack away and were called for it last time we played but we'll see

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Too tough for Purdue's guards. Too fast for Purdue's guards. Too athletic for Purdue's guards. Too long for Purdue's guards.

And yet, Purdue has somehow managed to go 61-10 over the last two seasons, including 8-0 against this year's Sweet 16.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT