ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall

I really hate to say this because Lord knows I want Timme to come to Purdue, but I'm afraid we have no chance with him. A buddy of mine has a kid playing sports at JJ Pearce HS and his son was screwing around before a summer workout with Timme and a coupke other kids. He asked him point black if he was gonna go to Purdue and he told us Drew said, "Man I'm not going to Purdue, probably Texas Tech or (I can't remember the other Texas school he named)."

Sorry to be a buzz kill but that came right from Drew himself.
It sounds like it came from your buddy's son. I'm not questioning your story, but you didn't hear it directly from Drew.

It sounds like it came from your buddy's son. I'm not questioning your story, but you didn't hear it directly from Drew.
No I didn't but my friends kid wouldn't lie about it or just come home and make it up. He is a good kid. So it is up to y'all to decide what you think of the info. It doesn't bother me one bit if you don't believe it. No skin off my back.

Either way I guess a lot can happen in the next 6 months and things can change. I would probably doubt that he would change his mind but you never know, he could change his mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosierdog1
No I didn't but my friends kid wouldn't lie about it or just come home and make it up. He is a good kid. So it is up to y'all to decide what you think of the info. It doesn't bother me one bit if you don't believe it. No skin off my back.

Either way I guess a lot can happen in the next 6 months and things can change. I would probably doubt that he would change his mind but you never know, he could change his mind.
Ah the old 'I heard it from someone's kid who heard from a street vendor that happened to read a tea leaf and saw the future' line.

Yea I and probably pretty much anyone else on here are going to choose to not believe it if it doesn't come straight from the source. While he may be a good kid, that doesn't mean he won't misinterpret things.

Take what you hear with a grain of salt, but I'm happy to hear from the rumor mill. Thanks Lonestar.

Ah the old 'I heard it from someone's kid who heard from a street vendor that happened to read a tea leaf and saw the future' line.

Yea I and probably pretty much anyone else on here are going to choose to not believe it if it doesn't come straight from the source. While he may be a good kid, that doesn't mean he won't misinterpret things.
Actually my best friend and neghbor whom I see on a daily basis, has a son, who I also see on a daily basis. This son came home and told us that. So, yeah, your description is really accurate and not the least bit insulting.

Actually my best friend and neghbor whom I see on a daily basis, has a son, who I also see on a daily basis. This son came home and told us that. So, yeah, your description is really accurate and not the least bit insulting.
My point still remains and if it 'insults' you that I would rather hear it from the source and not some friend of a friend, I don't really care and perhaps you should get thicker skin.

FWIW, I believe it. There hasn't been any talk of Timme and Purdue in a long time. Where there is no smoke, there is no fire.

Hall and Newman seem to be our only targets with any smoke at this point.

My point still remains and if it 'insults' you that I would rather hear it from the source and not some friend of a friend, I don't really care and perhaps you should get thicker skin.

if you attack or annoy an alligator too often, no matter how thick their skin is, they will attack back, and typically their bite is a lot bigger and more powerful than their your little pokes and annoyances.

if you attack or annoy an alligator too often, no matter how thick their skin is, they will attack back, and typically their bite is a lot bigger and more powerful than their your little pokes and annoyances.
Sorry was that supposed to hurt my feelings? If so, you failed quite miserably. Your response wasn't even yawn worthy.

And my little 'pokes and annoyances' sure do manage to get under your skin quite easily. I mean look at your response here, you felt the need to interject in to something not even directed at you.

If people like you can't handle all the types of responses you get to your posts, then they shouldn't post here and have too much self-worth tied to a sports forum. But let me let you in on a little secret, you aren't nearly as important as you think you are.

Sorry was that supposed to hurt my feelings? If so, you failed quite miserably. Your response wasn't even yawn worthy.

And my little 'pokes and annoyances' sure do manage to get under your skin quite easily. I mean look at your response here, you felt the need to interject in to something not even directed at you.

If people like you can't handle all the types of responses you get to your posts, then they shouldn't post here and have too much self-worth tied to a sports forum. But let me let you in on a little secret, you aren't nearly as important as you think you are.

A lot of accusations about someone else having thin skin. Then you go on a rant insulting someone else on this sports forum (where we all, other than you of course, have too much self-worth tied to), because they told you something you didn't want to hear. Just think about that...

A lot of accusations about someone else having thin skin. Then you go on a rant insulting someone else on this sports forum (where we all, other than you of course, have too much self-worth tied to), because they told you something you didn't want to hear. Just think about that...
For people to get under my skin I would need to take this forum and the people on it far more serious than I do and it's more entertaining to see what hoops people jump through than anything else. I mean heaven forbid that I don't believe what someone posts on the internet right? I mean this whole thing and the upset responses I am getting are laughable to say the least.

But I do find it ironic you are getting on to me for a post not directed at you because you read something you didn't agree with. Pot and kettle eh? Just think about that....

Last edited:
How about boiled steel stop pissing off other posters? Today is not the first time! I tried taking the high road and it didn't work. I tried to be subtle and it didn't work. Boiled steel said he was ignoring me, but he lied!
He's not even remotely the only one that does it and he is obviously baiting peolpe. Stop falling for it is all I can say.

I'm not helping either so let's right the ship:

So Malik Hall .. hope to see him as a Boiler!

I really hate to say this because Lord knows I want Timme to come to Purdue, but I'm afraid we have no chance with him. A buddy of mine has a kid playing sports at JJ Pearce HS and his son was screwing around before a summer workout with Timme and a coupke other kids. He asked him point black if he was gonna go to Purdue and he told us Drew said, "Man I'm not going to Purdue, probably Texas Tech or (I can't remember the other Texas school he named)."

Sorry to be a buzz kill but that came right from Drew himself.

Timme is being recruited by many major program in the country. Michigan, Virginia, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Illinois, Baylor, even Duke has contacted him.

I'm sure there's more than I've listed. He's a big time recruit.

How about boiled steel stop pissing off other posters? Today is not the first time! I tried taking the high road and it didn't work. I tried to be subtle and it didn't work. Boiled steel said he was ignoring me, but he lied!

I think for all parties involved in every thread there exists a potential to misunderstand things due to a variety of circumstances manifesting in the interpretations each possess as a result of previous experiences and knowledge in general. If I were coach of this forum I would make you all pi$$ed off at me to pull you together for a common cause, but I’m not that person and so I guess there will be disagreements and potential hurt feelings between some from time to time. Still, like siblings that may disagree and fight from time to time on various things, don’t anyone from the outside dare attack either side.

FWIW, NOBODY can say or do anything that MAKES another respond in any format. You always have a choice in how you respond and I’m sure that many different responses are appropriate in different circumstances, but you always have a choice…

FWIW, I believe it. There hasn't been any talk of Timme and Purdue in a long time. Where there is no smoke, there is no fire.

Hall and Newman seem to be our only targets with any smoke at this point.

I agree regarding Timme. Not out of the realm of possibility but seems the longer this goes the more likely he stays in his home state. Losing to Texas Tech probably didn’t help.

And it's not that he gets under people's skin that annoys me. It's that he does it purposely and he enjoys doing it and he enjoys and waits for the reactions! He baits people just to see their replies! If he were to ignore people then he couldn't see their replies and that's what he lives for.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Just once I would love to see a thread not go down the crapper.

You know it IS okay for people to disagree with what you post and if you don't like something someone says, just ignore it.

All these back and forth things do is bury the good discussions. So how about we get back on topic?

Every so often you post something extremely poetic, sincere, and logical. Don't get cocky since it will be forgotten by tomorrow here. The sad way of the world here.

Good post. Just doggin' ya. How is the summer treating you?

Reactions: mathboy and BBG
Every so often you post something extremely poetic, sincere, and logical. Don't get cocky since it will be forgotten by tomorrow here. The sad way of the world here.

Good post. Just doggin' ya. How is the summer treating you?
Ha... Life is good. If I can wake up in the morning and find pants, then the rest of the day is golden. How about you?

Wow, you got triggered way too easily, and I am not sure the post was even aimed at you. Slow down big fella', there might be real Indians ahead.

I am amused by watching the trajectory of a thread from initial OP message to skipping all the middle post to arrive at the most recent post. How it goes from a post about a PU target to the boiling invective..."you aren't nearly as important as you think you are." I find myself going back through the thread to see just where things went downhill.

Like that scene from Lord Of The Flies when the military rescue guy first sees to cadets in full native garb of facepaint and spears. "What the hell happened here?"

Reactions: mathboy
People believe the news sources on recruiting though. We don't hear that directly from the player so what's the difference?
When someone says they heard it directly from the player, when they actually heard it from a neighbor's kid who said he heard it from the player... I'm not sure how that fits your scenario.

I clearly said that I wasn't questioning the story. It is just as clear that we heard it here third-hand and not first-hand.

Last edited:
When someone says they heard it directly from the player, when they actually heard it from a neighbor's kid who said he heard it from the player... I'm not sure how that fits your scenario.

I clearly said that I wasn't questioning the story. It is just as clear that we heard it here third-hand and not first-hand.
Check your facts. I said my friends kid told us in my initial post. I never said it came to me directly from the player. You interpreted it that way and you were wrong. I said the information came directly from Timme. I did not say it came directly to me from Timme. God people really take liberties with what other people say on this board. Next time I have some info on a player I will keep it to my self. No good deed goes unpunished.

You don't get under my skin. I don't really care what you believe. I was just pointing out that your post was insulting and probably meant to be. I guess there will always be assholes like you on these forums.

Ok

Ha... Life is good. If I can wake up in the morning and find pants, then the rest of the day is golden. How about you?
It is good. I retired from the state after 19 years but got seduced back to private industry where I had been for many years before government. Pluses and minuses I guess. I am working on my terms so that makes it better. Everyone is in good health and that's what really matters. I'm ready for some football.

Reactions: BBG and tjreese
You don't get under my skin. I don't really care what you believe. I was just pointing out that your post was insulting and probably meant to be. I guess there will always be assholes like you on these forums.
I was going to let this go, but I most certainly have gotten under your skin just by looking at how you are responding. And this post of yours is perfect example of how much people not believing you bothers you.

My original post wasn't even remotely insulting, sarcastic sure, but I even said your neighbor's kid was a 'good kid' and I merely choose to believe what the recruit says and not hearsay. If you took that as insulting then that is your problem and not anyone else's. I never said anything derogatory or called anyone a name and as I said, even complimented your neighbor's kid.

In the future when/if I respond to your posts, I will be sure to add a disclaimer or something for you so you can avoid having your feelings hurt. You are trying to play the victim here when nothing originally transpired to cause that other than your own misreading/misinterpretation of a post. If you are going to post stuff and take it so personally when people disagree or call out something you said, then you maybe shouldn't post things like that in the future. But I guess there will always be thin skinned drama queens like you on these forums.*

I'm not going to drag this out any more... I'll leave that up to you.

*That statement was meant to be insulting since you decided to make it personal.

I was going to let this go, but I most certainly have gotten under your skin just by looking at how you are responding. And this post of yours is perfect example of how much people not believing you bothers you.

My original post wasn't even remotely insulting, sarcastic sure, but I even said your neighbor's kid was a 'good kid' and I merely choose to believe what the recruit says and not hearsay. If you took that as insulting then that is your problem and not anyone else's. I never said anything derogatory or called anyone a name and as I said, even complimented your neighbor's kid.

In the future when/if I respond to your posts, I will be sure to add a disclaimer or something for you so you can avoid having your feelings hurt. You are trying to play the victim here when nothing originally transpired to cause that other than your own misreading/misinterpretation of a post. If you are going to post stuff and take it so personally when people disagree or call out something you said, then you maybe shouldn't post things like that in the future. But I guess there will always be thin skinned drama queens like you on these forums.*

*That statement was meant to be insulting since you decided to make it personal.
How about this, you BOTH were wrong.

There NOW can we get back on topic?

This is nuts. Are people so jaded? What's so hard to believe about this kid not wanting to come here? The kid will most likely be a McDAA. It seems that he is absolutely blowing up. The kid is FROM Texas and has offers from like 20 programs closer than Purdue. I bet he enjoyed his visit here but lets be honest....about 10 of his offers are from schools that to an objective 3rd party would probably look better than Purdue.

I fully believe what the Texas poster said.

And at the end of the day....who cares? We literally miss out on 10+ guys every year that we have offered but have chose to go elsewhere. Why have sticks up our ass about this one?

Again, I don't get how diluted a poster can be on here that they wouldn't believe a kid from Texas with offers from a ton of local schools wouldn't want to go 1500 miles away. Don't bring up Edwards here....his situation was 1000x different. Had he had a Texas Tech or Texas or Oklahoma offer he might have thought twice about playing so far away from home!

I only read the first part of your post since I was too board after that to read the rest, but I did find something for you. It's a job posting for fake news CNN. They are always looking for some more spin doctors.

http://www.cnn.com/JOBS/

Oregon has 6 guys between 6’6” and 6’9” in their 2017 thru 2019 classes. Seems funny Hall would want to contend with that.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT