ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke has 3 national titles in the last 10 years and Kentucky has been to the E8 or better in 6 out of Calipari's 9 years at UK. I would say there is a direct correlation that states having the best talent translates to the best results. And if you pay any kind of close attention to the NBA, what schools produce the most NBA talent and where were they ranked coming out of high school? With all due respect I don't want to get into this anymore but this isn't exactly rocket science.

Then you should get on those forums and root for those cheating bastards. It would be for the common good.

na it's okay Babs, the only one looking foolish in this is you. I mean you're just a easily triggered little fluffball that has had several people prove you wrong outside of myself. It will be okay though. Your true colors are out now and you can rest easy. Quick! login with BoilerIron to agree with yourself or Boiledsteel to distract from everything!

You are honestly making me laugh at you outloud my friend. I knew triggering you would be entertaining and you didn't disappoint. I'm going to go do other things now, so you can relax as I'll leave you alone.

I was baiting you to see if you would bite and expose your true self and you have. Thanks for the laughs and have a good one.

Anyone else ever seen a grown man use the word triggered so much? What's the saying, "those who shout the loudest....errr those who say triggered the most are usually the most triggered" or something like that? I'm building a safe space for you as we speak and will dedicate it to you the next time you're body bagged on an internet forum. Trigger away McNutt

Anyone else ever seen a grown man use the word triggered so much? What's the saying, "those who shout the loudest....errr those who say triggered the most are usually the most triggered" or something like that? I'm building a safe space for you as we speak and will dedicate it to you the next time you're body bagged on an internet forum. Trigger away McNutt
Anyone else ever see a grown man get triggered so much as you? Besides, the only one getting bent out of shape in this thread is you, i've been cordial and even thanked you. I mean if you would stop being so triggered, I wouldn't have to use the term at all. See how that works? I mean it's not rocket science.

Peace, I'm out now.

Anyone else ever see a grown man get triggered so much as you? Besides, the only one getting bent out of shape in this thread is you, i've been cordial and even thanked you. I mean if you would stop being so triggered, I wouldn't have to use the term at all. See how that works? I mean it's not rocket science.

Peace, I'm out now.

But I'm not done building your safe space...please stay

Peace, I'm out now.
I've been trying to stay out of the back and forth because it's been kinda like watching romper room, but I see what you did here with your last line Well played.

Let the 5th grade recess commence!

Lie to the recruit about what? Is saying, "by coming to Purdue, I'll do my best to get you to the next level" instead of "work hard and you'll get to play as a freshman" lying? What in the actual hell? How is that lying? If you think 5*'s are committing to schools because they are being pitched on, "Come to X school, do whatever you want for a year, etc etc" you're delusional. It's not how it works. The top freshman want to be sold on the idea of playing at a program that best prepares them for the next level. Not that they MIGHT play as a freshman IF they work hard. Painter is honest in his approach, nobody is denying that, but his pitch clearly isn't resonating with top end talent. How many top 30 and 5* kids have strongly considered Purdue and then decided to commit elsewhere? It happens every year. Painter cannot close on top end talent like he should be able to. But continue to bury your head in the sand and act like Painter is doing the program a favor by being "Mr Nice Guy" when it comes to selling top recruits the chance to play for him.

Biggie Swanigan made it clear when interviewed after going to the Trailblazers that CMP is a total student of the NBA, keeping up at all times on what is happening and needed and working on those things with his players. Personally I put far more credibility in someone like Biggie than all the “ flies on the wall” in this forum....How so many on here believe they could recruit so much better than Painter still absolutely stuns me no matter how often the same old thread is restarted. Surely most of you who seem to know better than Painter how to recruit players have missed your calling....The NCAA Coachs’ have surely overlooked you for their staffs somehow. The “ I want to, I could have, I know better....” Armchair Coachs on this forum simply NEVER give up bitching.... You say Painter needs a new pitch to give....Maybe you all should take your own advice about that.

He’s does probably say that he told me and my son that if you put in the work your nba aspirations can come true. You do still has to play sir no matter what team you play for even if you a top 30 recruit. He’s a plenty of knowledge about what the nba is looking for they come into his practices watching his players as well. Purdue academics may be a reason why some don’t wanna come there can’t lie or pitch to them taking books on ball as a class can you no he sells his program and tells you work hard you will be able to play at the next level bcuz those nba ppl want to no if you do those things too so if the nba scouts or GMs come a calling they are gonna ask those questions from who the coaches. Painter is a coach that tells recruit what’s real why my son and I chose Purdue over many school who was recruiting him he kept it real.
Lots of speculation of what MP says during the recruiting process. Thanks for your insights. Lets face it, going to class and getting good grades (a requirement at PU) is not the top focus for a lot of the top 100 players or so and that is an issue in some cases I am sure. Not all, but more than a few.

Grab a Starbucks downtown Fort wayne and ran into Coach. Hope we land Furst! I guess he does recruit top 50 kids hard and early in the process.

Reactions: anon_y5n942o85fk69
Duke has 3 national titles in the last 10 years and Kentucky has been to the E8 or better in 6 out of Calipari's 9 years at UK. I would say there is a direct correlation that states having the best talent translates to the best results. And if you pay any kind of close attention to the NBA, what schools produce the most NBA talent and where were they ranked coming out of high school? With all due respect I don't want to get into this anymore but this isn't exactly rocket science.
Sir I said last 4 years never said they didn’t win national championship. If you wanna be right with everything you say ok I’m just telling you what I no as well bcuz my son went through this process I no what the NBA told my son. You seem to no everything what is going on in college and the nba and ppl who have gone through the process knows nothing. Carry on sir you got all the answers.

Reactions: Gemini95
What's your definition of great?

Kramer: great defender, below avg offense
Ray Davis: great defender, below avg offense
Jawaun Johnson:good defender, good, not great offense
LewJack: good defender, below avg offense
Mathias: good, not great defender, above avg O.

Who you got?

I think you're slicing and dicing too much... "below average", "average", "above average", "good", "great"... too many categories. Let's just leave it at good and bad.

So based on your list, the players who are good on D, bad on O are:
Davis
Kramer
LJ

My non-exclusive list of players who are good at both:
JJ (DPOY - 3rd at Purdue in blocked shots, 7th in points - averaged 20.5 senior year)
Hammons (DPOY - 2nd at Purdue in blocked shots, 17th in points - averaged 10ppg all 4 years)
Moore (6th at Purdue in steals, 3rd in points... I think his defense is always over looked. He was very good.)
Big Dog (NPOY - averaged 1.8 spg and 1bpg)
Willie Deane (averaged 1.4 spg, and is 12th all time at Purdue in steals)
Cornell (4th in steals, 16th in points)
Hummel (8th at Purdue in blocks, 10th in steals, 9th in points)

But I'm not done building your safe space...please stay
Why you getting so worked up bcuz some have different of opinions that you have. And you say you are a Purdue Fan you really have a funny way of showing it. I’m not about to go back and forth with this but I’m giving my opinion like you gave yours and yet you sir getting upset bcuz some of us don’t agree with what you are saying whether you produce your facts we all have a difference of opinions. It’s all good no more debating from me. Take care have a bless day

Why you getting so worked up bcuz some have different of opinions that you have. And you say you are a Purdue Fan you really have a funny way of showing it. I’m not about to go back and forth with this but I’m giving my opinion like you gave yours and yet you sir getting upset bcuz some of us don’t agree with what you are saying whether you produce your facts we all have a difference of opinions. It’s all good no more debating from me. Take care have a bless day

Good call Treed, he's not worth it. I appreciated your insight!

Also if Snow's report is true (He's pretty reliable in the midwest) and Painter was pitching to Franklin how he and Newman can play together (despite it being said they don't want to play together) then that would be a tactical error. Don't tell two kids that don't want to play for the same school how they'd fit in scheme wise together (even if they could fit)

The last 3 recruitments Ive followed that involve Snow's supposed expert reporting have gone as follows

1. Dj Carton - Snow said its down to Michigan or Indiana. Carton committed to OSU less than a week later.

2. Armaan Franklin - Snow predicted Franklin to go to Purdue for a long time. Franklins people told everyone he was committing to Indiana so Snow changed his crystal ball pick to Indiana the day prior to his commitment, after everyone was told he was going to Indiana.

3. Brandon Newman - has predicted Indiana all along. Indiana flat out canceled his official visit and is no longer even recruiting him it appears.

The last 3 recruitments Ive followed that involve Snow's supposed expert reporting have gone as follows

1. Dj Carton - Snow said its down to Michigan or Indiana. Carton committed to OSU less than a week later.

2. Armaan Franklin - Snow predicted Franklin to go to Purdue for a long time. Franklins people told everyone he was committing to Indiana so Snow changed his crystal ball pick to Indiana the day prior to his commitment, after everyone was told he was going to Indiana.

3. Brandon Newman - has predicted Indiana all along. Indiana flat out canceled his official visit and is no longer even recruiting him it appears.

It's almost like 17/18 year-olds can change their minds! Look at his crystal ball picks...He's almost always the first expert to flip his pick (ahead of national guys like Daniels and Meyer) which shows his connections to the sources. He's first in crystal ball standings currently...Being a recruiting guy must be the worst. Everyone piles on you when guys like Carsen are rated too low or guys like Cliff Alexander are too high or if an 18 year kid changes his mind randomly and to top it off the rankings are worthless too

Reactions: mrthebes
It's almost like 17/18 year-olds can change their minds! Look at his crystal ball picks...He's almost always the first expert to flip his pick (ahead of national guys like Daniels and Meyer) which shows his connections to the sources. He's first in crystal ball standings currently...Being a recruiting guy must be the worst. Everyone piles on you when guys like Carsen are rated too low or guys like Cliff Alexander are too high or if an 18 year kid changes his mind randomly and to top it off the rankings are worthless too

Being a recruiting guy must be the worst? Hell, they've won! People on these boards are more concerned with recruiting rankings than they are just about anything else. Character, work ethic, playing style, wins & losses, competitiveness, grades - all secondary when compared to "landing" (as if they're fish) kids with good numbers beside their name.

Thats the whole point. 17 and 18 year olds change their minds and dont owe it to random grown ups to give them accurate info on their recruitment so that the grown ups can profit off of it . People like Snow dont have a clue at the end of the day.

Thats the whole point. 17 and 18 year olds change their minds and dont owe it to random grown ups to give them accurate info on their recruitment so that the grown ups can profit off of it . People like Snow dont have a clue at the end of the day.

They know what is being talked about at that point in time...They have their sources just like Brian has his...When things change with a recruit in the midwest odds are Snow knows before almost anyone else.

Also..ironic that you pay for a subscription which allows grown ups to profit off of recruits info...

Being a recruiting guy must be the worst? Hell, they've won! People on these boards are more concerned with recruiting rankings than they are just about anything else. Character, work ethic, playing style, wins & losses, competitiveness, grades - all secondary when compared to "landing" (as if they're fish) kids with good numbers beside their name.

There are two ways to be a recruiting guy

1. Report which schools are going after which recruits, report on if a recruits officially cuts his list, and report on visits, scholarship offers, etc.

2. Or theres the Snow way of making crystal ball picks and changing them last minute to try and pimp them as some sort of reliable source or recruiting guru take when the 2 months prior you had a recruit going to a different school in your crystal ball.

I prefer #1, the honest approach. I'll never be able to give someone credit for flipping their crytal pick 4 different times and only coming to the correct conclusion after a recruit has released info to everyone.

1. Everyone was shocked that Carton chose Ohio State.

2. Snow was the one who first reported that Franklin and Newman wouldn't be attending the same school (most here said that wasnt true). He did originally think Purdue, but shortly after the Purdue visit, he began hearing Indiana. He changed his pick.

3. As stated above he knew Franklin and Newman wouldn't be attending the same school. Since Franklin was thought to be going to Purdue until the last minute, he predicted Newman to IU (would have been the likely destination had Franklin not committed there). Franklin committed, so obviously Snow, who originally reported they wouldn't attend the same school, knew Newman wasnt going to IU. He was actually the first to report the Newman/IU visit would not take place.

Reactions: Gary Boiler
They know what is being talked about at that point in time...They have their sources just like Brian has his...When things change with a recruit in the midwest odds are Snow knows before almost anyone else.

Also..ironic that you pay for a subscription which allows grown ups to profit off of recruits info...

The bolded isnt correct, its claimed by a lot of people that dont actually know what theyre talking about.

To the second point, If Brian operated anything like Snow did and had crystal ball appearances to keep up, my money would not be going to GBI. Fortunately for me, he doesnt and I have found a site that covers my recruiting appetite.

Also, props to the national recruiting guys on rivals. They just report facts. Bossi came on Purdues premium board the other day and was very honest that he was not trying to predict where Timme may land, but gave very good information he heard.

Someone posted a recruiting update by Snow on Malik Hall on this board a couple of days ago. I thought it was weird Snow made it a point to say he thought Purdue slightly leads but that Oregon and Oklahoma are strong and MSU can never be counted out. Or something along those lines.

If you really dissect that, there is essentially no information there whatsoever. Its a strategic little blurb so that he can go back, and paired with his last second crystal ball change after Hall releases his commitment info to media types, and use it to further sort of point to gullable types who stick up for him and say "See! i am the midwest guru! I said this school was leading/coming on strong/can never be counted out!"

Hall has 5 official visits to take, Im sure he doesnt even know where he is going to commit to play. Yet, grown ups will come here and claim Snow actually has a clue.

Like just think about that.

1. Everyone was shocked that Carton chose Ohio State.

2. Snow was the one who first reported that Franklin and Newman wouldn't be attending the same school (most here said that wasnt true). He did originally think Purdue, but shortly after the Purdue visit, he began hearing Indiana. He changed his pick.

3. As stated above he knew Franklin and Newman wouldn't be attending the same school. Since Franklin was thought to be going to Purdue until the last minute, he predicted Newman to IU (would have been the likely destination had Franklin not committed there). Franklin committed, so obviously Snow, who originally reported they wouldn't attend the same school, knew Newman wasnt going to IU. He was actually the first to report the Newman/IU visit would not take place.
You no what’s funny with these guys who follow these kids everywhere they go bcuz I’ve seen it all happen b4 my very eyes these guys have never ever more than likely picked up a ball in their lives or played any type of sports let alone basketball but found a way to be involved in these kids recruitment bcuz they have an iPad and recorder. I’ve met them all snow Daniels Evans all attend these events such as USA camps we were there like all of them will be there in October interviewing each kid or at least the top kids and putting it on whatever site they work for than it becomes a story. When my son went through this recruiting stuff we didn’t talk to anyone my son never put out a 5/10/12 schools who was on his list we kept our business recruiting btwn us and kept these nerdy guys out of our business. It’s a business they sell the quotes from kids their coaches and assume they have certain contacts when it’s just a guessing game for the most part. They get to no the families of these kids and like the coaches do and start dwindling down from their notes cuz they all do and kinda get an idea we’re these kids choosing to go to school. It’s actually crazy to see but my advice to any parent going through this keep it between yourselves and keep these ppl out of your business than you don’t have to worry about what they write or say bcuz you no as a parent what is true and what isn’t.

"This is from Snow's Midwest Recruiting notes from last week. It's posted on both the IU and PU 247 Premie boards... Snow will likely post an update in this week's issue...

Hall ready to begin visit tour

"Four-star forward Malik Hall is about ready to embark on a busy visit tour. Starting next weekend Hall will get going on his official visits, in what could be one of the more interesting recruitments to monitor in 2019.

Heading into the visits, most with knowledge of the situation think that Purdue is the leader, and the Boilermakers will get the first crack at Hall hosting him on September 14. Hall has already been to West Lafayette a few times, so there is familiarity with the school, and Purdue will look to make a big impression, and potentially in their mind even get a commitment.

Following the Purdue visit is a trip to Oklahoma, and then after a week off, trips to Michigan State and Oregon have been set.

The Spartans have been a program gaining some steam behind the scenes. Head Coach Tom Izzo has strong relationships with people close to Hall, and that has led to the Spartans becoming a major threat in this battle.

Also do not discount the Sooners or Ducks. Hall attends Sunrise Christian, and the coaches there have long had a good relationship with Oklahoma, while Oregon has recruited Hall as hard as any program in the country over the past several months.

Look for this to be a situation where Hall takes multiple official visits. Going into things it is probably the Boilermakers at the top, but there are schools charging hard, and this could be one of the more intriguing recruitments in the entire country before it is all said and done."

So as long as Malik Hall chooses Oklahoma, Oregon, Purdue, or Michigan State over Texas, Brian Snow is now good and correct from any angle. I mean seriously, nobody else finds that hilarious? Nobody else thinks they are capable of writing this same exact thing for essentially any recruits top 5?

This is your "expert?"

Someone posted a recruiting update by Snow on Malik Hall on this board a couple of days ago. I thought it was weird Snow made it a point to say he thought Purdue slightly leads but that Oregon and Oklahoma are strong and MSU can never be counted out. Or something along those lines.

If you really dissect that, there is essentially no information there whatsoever. Its a strategic little blurb so that he can go back, and paired with his last second crystal ball change after Hall releases his commitment info to media types, and use it to further sort of point to gullable types who stick up for him and say "See! i am the midwest guru! I said this school was leading/coming on strong/can never be counted out!"

Hall has 5 official visits to take, Im sure he doesnt even know where he is going to commit to play. Yet, grown ups will come here and claim Snow actually has a clue.

Like just think about that.
He isn't reporting what will happen. He is reporting the current situation. Of course he doesn't know for sure, because Hall doesn't know for sure where he wants to go. Purdue leads as it is.

Using the Franklin recruitment:

1. The information you pay for was that Franklin and Newman were open to playing together. Incorrect.

2. The information you pay for suggested Franklin was a Purdue lean the morning of the decision even though Snow and the IU guys were saying it was IU.

3. The information you pay for suggested that the official visits for both Franklin and Newman went well. All other signs and reporting suggests it did not.

Reactions: echs86
"This is from Snow's Midwest Recruiting notes from last week. It's posted on both the IU and PU 247 Premie boards... Snow will likely post an update in this week's issue...

Hall ready to begin visit tour

"Four-star forward Malik Hall is about ready to embark on a busy visit tour. Starting next weekend Hall will get going on his official visits, in what could be one of the more interesting recruitments to monitor in 2019.

Heading into the visits, most with knowledge of the situation think that Purdue is the leader, and the Boilermakers will get the first crack at Hall hosting him on September 14. Hall has already been to West Lafayette a few times, so there is familiarity with the school, and Purdue will look to make a big impression, and potentially in their mind even get a commitment.

Following the Purdue visit is a trip to Oklahoma, and then after a week off, trips to Michigan State and Oregon have been set.

The Spartans have been a program gaining some steam behind the scenes. Head Coach Tom Izzo has strong relationships with people close to Hall, and that has led to the Spartans becoming a major threat in this battle.

Also do not discount the Sooners or Ducks. Hall attends Sunrise Christian, and the coaches there have long had a good relationship with Oklahoma, while Oregon has recruited Hall as hard as any program in the country over the past several months.

Look for this to be a situation where Hall takes multiple official visits. Going into things it is probably the Boilermakers at the top, but there are schools charging hard, and this could be one of the more intriguing recruitments in the entire country before it is all said and done."

So as long as Malik Hall chooses Oklahoma, Oregon, Purdue, or Michigan State over Texas, Brian Snow is now good and correct from any angle. I mean seriously, nobody else finds that hilarious? Nobody else thinks they are capable of writing this same exact thing for essentially any recruits top 5?

This is your "expert?"
Read my post you basically said what I just said

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Read my post you basically said what I just said

Its my opinion that if the NCAA isnt going to allow schools to pay the players, they need to allow recruiting sites to pay recruits for interviews and also allow media sites to pay players for interviews and access in season. Sign some sort of agreement.

It must be frustrating that players are essentially already playing for free, but then also expected to give writers free interviews throughtout the week and after games.

Its my opinion that if the NCAA isnt going to allow schools to pay the players, they need to allow recruiting sites to pay recruits for interviews and also allow media sites to pay players for interviews and access in season. Sign some sort of agreement.

It must be frustrating that players are essentially already playing for free, but then also expected to give writers free interviews throughtout the week and after games.
You are spot on but Ncaa about making money and these kids would be penalized by the Ncaa if they took Monterey things. The problem these guys have access to get to most of these events they in my opinion prey on these kids emotions bcuz all especially the top players want their names written about makes them feel important. They befriend their parents by staying in contact with them bcuz it makes even the parents feel important so it’s all about exposure when it’s all said and done. I’m telling you it’s crazy being in that business bcuz many coaches follow these guys on their sites bcuz they can’t be everywhere to no who’s who.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Take my meds? Clearly.

As someone pointed out, these threads do tend to become moronic...case in point^^^^

Follow up. . . If you don't understand the banter between me and ChoiceBeef, you're taking life (AND yourself) waaaaaay too seriously. It's mostly in jest. You know, FUN. That's why he'll insult me . . . . AND I'LL "LIKE" HIS POST.

Try it sometime.

Lighten up.

Stop looking for a reason to be an ass toward me. And, in return, I'll not poke the bear. (The bear would be YOU.)

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
He isn't reporting what will happen. He is reporting the current situation. Of course he doesn't know for sure, because Hall doesn't know for sure where he wants to go. Purdue leads as it is.

Using the Franklin recruitment:

1. The information you pay for was that Franklin and Newman were open to playing together. Incorrect.

2. The information you pay for suggested Franklin was a Purdue lean the morning of the decision even though Snow and the IU guys were saying it was IU.

3. The information you pay for suggested that the official visits for both Franklin and Newman went well. All other signs and reporting suggests it did not.

Not that this is worth responding, but 0 of your 3 points are correct. Youre wrong on all 3 and thats as much as I'll divulge as not to break the pay wall.

Oh, dear lord. Please don't do that, or go there.

I know all the players work their collective @SS off, but they ain't playing for free.

As the husband to a wife that was a 4 year starter on a D1 basketball team, I know the value of her scholarship.

As the father of a daughter currently paying her own way at Purdue, I know the value of a scholarship.

As an old guy who has benefited tremendously from my OWN Purdue education, I certainly know the value of my degree!

Scholarship athletes are NOT playing for free.

Are they committed? H*ll yes. Do they earn every penny of that scholarship? Absolutely. Are they . . . "playing for free"? Not a chance. Let's not take them (and the commitment they've made) for granted, but let's also not crap all over the enormous value of the opportunity they're presented.

Not that this is worth responding, but 0 of your 3 points are correct. Youre wrong on all 3 and thats as much as I'll divulge as not to break the pay wall.
Exactly which part is incorrect? It's now a fact that those two had no intention of playing at the same school. Number 2 is obviously correct, because I posted that the IU guys/snow were hearing IU on Wednesday night. Number 3 is also fact given that Snow was the first to report they wouldn't play together.

Exactly which part is incorrect? It's now a fact that those two had no intention of playing at the same school. Number 2 is obviously correct, because I posted that the IU guys/snow were hearing IU on Wednesday night. Number 3 is also fact given that Snow was the first to report they wouldn't play together.

They are all incorrect.

Haha we know them as fact now though? How can they possibly be incorrect?

You obviously dont know them for a fact since I consumed every single bit on this site pertaining Franklin and Newman and never once came across anything that said they want to play together.

All 3 of your points in that post I quoted are incorrect. Thats not my opinion, that is a fact.

If that is not enough for you, you can continue arguing with yourself because I'm not going to continue arguing with you about a fact.

You obviously dont know them for a fact since I consumed every single bit on this site pertaining Franklin and Newman and never once came across anything that said they want to play together.

All 3 of your points in that post I quoted are incorrect. Thats not my opinion, that is a fact.

If that is not enough for you, you can continue arguing with yourself because I'm not going to continue arguing with you about a fact.
You consumed every bit on this site and missed an entire thread where Franklin and Newman not wanting to play together was discussed? I tagged you in it to make it easier for you.

You consumed every bit on this site and missed an entire thread where Franklin and Newman not wanting to play together was discussed? I tagged you in it to make it easier for you.

What does that have to do with the information I paid for?

Posters on a free board discussing this has nothing to do with premium material. Get your head on straight and focus here.

Your initial claim was that I paid for information that said Franklin and Newman want to play together. I said none of the information I read by the recruiting guys on this board and the rivals network said they wanted to play together.

Your response now is that apparently a thread on the free board discussing that Purdue wants both of them is proof I somehow read information on the premium board that says they want to play together.

Lolwat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT