ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visit set for the weekend of 9/14. Missouri under the lights.

MSU got the last visit and Oregon got the first one.

Reactions: mreeser
2019 four-star Malik Hall has scheduled four official visits, he tells Stockrisers.

Oregon: October 13th-15th

Purdue: September 14th-16th

Oklahoma: September 21st-23rd

Michigan State: October 5th-7th

2019 four-star Malik Hall has scheduled four official visits, he tells Stockrisers.

Oregon: October 13th-15th

Purdue: September 14th-16th

Oklahoma: September 21st-23rd

Michigan State: October 5th-7th
Didn’t you say that Purdue gets the first and Oregon gets last crack?

Didn’t you say that Purdue gets the first and Oregon gets last crack?
Yeah, his first tweet had the visits listed in the same order as shown above, but the Oregon visit was listed with dates in September right before the Purdue dates. So September 14-16 (Purdue) is the earliest visit on the list and October 13-15 (Oregon) is the latest, correct?

I misread the tweet and looked at the places in chronological order v random ordering.

Yeah, his first tweet had the visits listed in the same order as shown above, but the Oregon visit was listed with dates in September right before the Purdue dates. So September 14-16 (Purdue) is the earliest visit on the list and October 13-15 (Oregon) is the latest, correct?
Ah ok, should have paid better attention

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I will say, Oregon being his last visit is TOUGH and I’m sure exactly what they wanted.

Or mid-September... either one.

giphy.gif

I live in the south so ive never seen him play. This video reminds me of Vince Edwards. Fair comparison? Hard to tell with a short highlight reel.

I think that is a fair comparison and I'm sure Coach Painter is pointing out Vince playing the same combo forward position at Purdue is only the 3rd NCAA player in the last 25 years to hit 1600 points, 750 rebounds, 400 assists, 150 3 pt fg's. That will shut up a lot of the negative recruiting other schools will throw at Purdue about Hall not fitting Purdue's "system".

Hall is a top 25-50 player. Vince was a top 150 player. There is a huge difference
If someone were to go back to Vince's class and evaluate the players on nearly any criteria, I would think Vince would be top 50 easily. If you went by total career stats he'd easily be a 5 star, but even if you went by his relatively disappointing areas like tourney success, NBA draft position, or physical measurables he'd probably still stack up surprisingly well with the more highly rated recruits.
I hope we get Hall and I think he could be underrated at his current ranking also.

If someone were to go back to Vince's class and evaluate the players on nearly any criteria, I would think Vince would be top 50 easily. If you went by total career stats he'd easily be a 5 star, but even if you went by his relatively disappointing areas like tourney success, NBA draft position, or physical measurables he'd probably still stack up surprisingly well with the more highly rated recruits.
I hope we get Hall and I think he could be underrated at his current ranking also.

The one knack on Vince was his athleticism, and I think that played a factor in his HS ranking. Hindsight tells us he possessed the skill set all along, but I just believe his athleticism scared teams away. But what was other teams losses became our gain and I wouldn’t trade Vince for the world. Hall is exponentially more athletic than Vince. Would be thrilled if Hall could replicate Vince’s career but he has the potential to go above and beyond.

I love Vince . He is a tad slow and has a slow release on his jumper. He maximized his skill set enough to get drafted. He will make a ton of money playing overseas

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

No. I love Vince but he was no 5 star player.

Hall is a top 25-50 player. Vince was a top 150 player. There is a huge difference
Eh, not really. Vince was poorly ranked. Should have been top 50 or in the very least top 75. Experts got that wrong, as they do with a lot of our guys. Hall and VE are very similar. Can do a lot of different things for a 6-8 forward but quickness or athleticism will never stick out vs. DI competition. Both great players but don't/didn't get the pub from recruiting analysts/college announcers because they lack the highlight-reel stuff. Just well-rounded players who know how to play, have solid IQ and will help win a team a ton of games.

No. I love Vince but he was no 5 star player.
I was exaggerating a little bit to make the point that he was under rated, but if you look at the 27 5 stars from Vince's class he doesn't necessarily stack up that badly. He kills almost all of them in career stats, which isn't really a fair stat since so few of them stayed four years. I you go by per game stats Vince ends up looking decent though. There are a few players from that class that put up monstrous per game stats but I don't think any of them beat Vince in every statistical category, which isnt to say be a jack of all trades is ideal but its not terrible either.

Painter has made him a priority for the past year; hopefully this young man sees that and realizes Izzo is riding Painters coat tails again just to swoop in at the end with his bucket of tears and ‘family’ atmosphere.

Yeah, it feels deja Vu-ish. No reason for izzo to not go to that same strategy- it works! Hopefully we are changing the formula to limit impact.

Also, weird we've gone up against Oregon a lot all of a sudden. No success in any of those h2h's either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT