ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall update

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not winning many recruiting battles for the top talent in his own backyard though. That's the problem. It's not good when MSU, Lville, OSU, and other ACC schools can come into your backyard and poach your top talent.
You also forgot um, xavier, uk, etc. Definitely disappointing the lack of top recruits to choose us.

Reactions: nagemj02
What does that have to do with the information I paid for?

Posters on a free board discussing this has nothing to do with premium material. Get your head on straight and focus here.

Your initial claim was that I paid for information that said Franklin and Newman want to play together. I said none of the information I read by the recruiting guys on this board and the rivals network said they wanted to play together.

Your response now is that apparently a thread on the free board discussing that Purdue wants both of them is proof I somehow read information on the premium board that says they want to play together.

Lolwat?
Your insiders were saying they had no issue playing together. That was obviously false. I think you can admit that they got this particular recruitment wrong. No shame in that.

Your insiders were saying they had no issue playing together. That was obviously false. I think you can admit that they got this particular recruitment wrong. No shame in that.

This will be my last response on this topic until you can quote the post where "my insiders" said they wanted to play together.

Otherwise, youre venturing off into open troll territory using a free board thread with posts by members without premium access as supposed proof I was sold info that they wanted to play together, when that was, indeed, not the case.

This will be my last response on this topic until you can quote the post where "my insiders" said they wanted to play together.

Otherwise, youre venturing off into open troll territory using a free board thread with posts by members without premium access as supposed proof I was sold info that they wanted to play together, when that was, indeed, not the case.

you two . . .

picking-nose-1.jpg

What's your definition of great?

Kramer: great defender, below avg offense
Ray Davis: great defender, below avg offense
Jawaun Johnson:good defender, good, not great offense
LewJack: good defender, below avg offense
Mathias: good, not great defender, above avg O.

Who you got?
Did you ever watch JaJuan? (not Jawaun by the way).
As a senior, he LED THE BIG TEN in scoring and LED THE NATION as the highest scoring center. Not great offense? JuJuan was was a complete monster on both ends of the court.

Did you ever watch JaJuan? (not Jawaun by the way).
As a senior, he LED THE BIG TEN in scoring and LED THE NATION as the highest scoring center. Not great offense? JuJuan was was a complete monster on both ends of the court.
yeah... what's more, Mathias was considered the best Purdue defender, and one of the best in the B1G.

Anyone else ever seen a grown man use the word triggered so much? What's the saying, "those who shout the loudest....errr those who say triggered the most are usually the most triggered" or something like that? I'm building a safe space for you as we speak and will dedicate it to you the next time you're body bagged on an internet forum. Trigger away McNutt
I think he has made a pretty accurate assessment of your behavior on these boards. You do seem continuously triggered. Maybe take a break and let the season mature a bit before you decide that Painter and the team have some how failed.

Those that have a national championship as the only measure of success will be severely disappointed most years. Fans of over 300 D1 schools will be disappointed every single season then.

I, on the they hand, determine success differently. Do you not notice the numerous things the young men representing us all as Boilers do in the community? Shopping with kids...some times using their own money to ensure the families get everything they want and need? Volunteering at soup kitchens and reading books to awestruck elementary students? Did you miss the special guests in the locker rooms on their twitter feed and the absolute amazing interactions with children with debilitating and life threatening diseases? Have you not read or heard the massive amount of respect CMP has from college coaches and literally every single analyst that does college basketball?

This program, as a whole, is something I know as a Boiler I can carry with me as a badge of honor and pride beyond what amounts to stupid wins and losses. The coach of the basketball program that represents us all brings in young men and turns them in to high functioning and high character men and rarely do we hear of any issues from this program beyond stupid mistakes young men make frequently. Under CMP I’ll
likely never have to attempt to justify the absolute pitiful joke MSU and Izzy are with the hidinbif sexual assaults and other issues that plague that program. I’ll never have an opposing fan base making fun of our coach like Iowa and Fran with his constant ‘Frantrums.’

I’m damn proud of this program that CMP has built and then subsequently rebuilt when he noticed what he was doing and the path he was taking it in wasn’t working.

Those that have a national championship as the only measure of success will be severely disappointed most years. Fans of over 300 D1 schools will be disappointed every single season then.

I, on the they hand, determine success differently. Do you not notice the numerous things the young men representing us all as Boilers do in the community? Shopping with kids...some times using their own money to ensure the families get everything they want and need? Volunteering at soup kitchens and reading books to awestruck elementary students? Did you miss the special guests in the locker rooms on their twitter feed and the absolute amazing interactions with children with debilitating and life threatening diseases? Have you not read or heard the massive amount of respect CMP has from college coaches and literally every single analyst that does college basketball?

This program, as a whole, is something I know as a Boiler I can carry with me as a badge of honor and pride beyond what amounts to stupid wins and losses. The coach of the basketball program that represents us all brings in young men and turns them in to high functioning and high character men and rarely do we hear of any issues from this program beyond stupid mistakes young men make frequently. Under CMP I’ll
likely never have to attempt to justify the absolute pitiful joke MSU and Izzy are with the hidinbif sexual assaults and other issues that plague that program. I’ll never have an opposing fan base making fun of our coach like Iowa and Fran with his constant ‘Frantrums.’

I’m damn proud of this program that CMP has built and then subsequently rebuilt when he noticed what he was doing and the path he was taking it in wasn’t working.
Yes, as well as only around 1% make the NBA from D1. He must be disappointed at 99% of the other kids and schools in D1.

I've been trying to stay out of the back and forth because it's been kinda like watching romper room, but I see what you did here with your last line Well played.

Let the 5th grade recess commence!
BBG! I wondered where you had been. How are you man? You won't know this ID but we have had a few discussions back in the day when I could remember what I used here.

If it helps any, we met at a game at your Boiler Bus and traded some beer recipes. I've tried to PM you, but you have it blocked or something.

For those that have never met BBG, he literally is one of the nicest guys you will meet. He is nothing like what I remember his persona being on here back in the day when he was trolling people for fun. First thing he did when we met was get me a beer and some brats and I am serious, shook my hand then said "you are missing some things".

At the time there were people showing up that he had argued with on the forum, yet we all had a great time at the Boiler Bus. Genuine dude right there that I hope is doing well!

BBG! I wondered where you had been. How are you man? You won't know this ID but we have had a few discussions back in the day when I could remember what I used here.

If it helps any, we met at a game at your Boiler Bus and traded some beer recipes. I've tried to PM you, but you have it blocked or something.

For those that have never met BBG, he literally is one of the nicest guys you will meet. He is nothing like what I remember his persona being on here back in the day when he was trolling people for fun. First thing he did when we met was get me a beer and some brats and I am serious, shook my hand then said "you are missing some things".

At the time there were people showing up that he had argued with on the forum, yet we all had a great time at the Boiler Bus. Genuine dude right there that I hope is doing well!
Ha thanks man. Depending how far back you're talking, I've stopped the trolling bit .... Well... Now for the most part.

I javhave been to a game in a while, just lack of time. But... If we did meet I probably gave gave you an email address that should still work.

Anyway thanks again for the compliment.

I've often wondered with statements like these, what else do you think Painter could do? In this case it is clear he has been in on Hall for quite some time and telling him what he evidently needs to hear. Aside from breaking the rules, it is still the recruits decision on where he wants to go and Painter can only do so much.

I am not posing this to attack you, but I am generally curious what people think Painter could do that he already isn't doing other than hypnotizing people in to coming here?

Saw this....I think he can work on relationships with people around Hall. He is good with Hall.....work on getting to know the people "around" him. Snow says that is an MSU's advantage ....so work on taking that away.

Ha thanks man. Depending how far back you're talking, I've stopped the trolling bit .... Well... Now for the most part.

I javhave been to a game in a while, just lack of time. But... If we did meet I probably gave gave you an email address that should still work.

Anyway thanks again for the compliment.
I've noticed you're much more of a "lighter" version than I remember on here. I'll have to look and see if I have that email address and pop you a line. I am pretty sure I owe you a beer or two.

Saw this....I think he can work on relationships with people around Hall. He is good with Hall.....work on getting to know the people "around" him. Snow says that is an MSU's advantage ....so work on taking that away.
Now that is something I can see him needing to do and I never thought of that angle.

It's almost like you're not just recruiting a player, but the entire family and friends as well. I mean, that would just drive me nuts to have to do that.

Now that is something I can see him needing to do and I never thought of that angle.

It's almost like you're not just recruiting a player, but the entire family and friends as well. I mean, that would just drive me nuts to have to do that.
Exactly. Recruiting I'm sure is a very tiresome process. That's probably why most coaches jump to the NBA given the opportunity. It would be frustrating to have a job where a big portion of your success depends on the decisions of 17/18 year old kids.

Reactions: tjreese and ChuckJr
Yeah that's likely not,going to happen. When Painter even smells a street agent he generally cuts his ties. Not commenting on any particular player but those around the player beside immediate family generally have their hands out. Like at MSU for example....

Reactions: Gary Boiler
yeah... what's more, Mathias was considered the best Purdue defender, and one of the best in the B1G.
DM was a good defender and was on the B10 all-D team. Among the guards, he's one of the better defenders who also had solid offensive game. But, he really struggled in big games when teams had a better athlete on him. Similar to what he's learning in the pros.

Reactions: nagemj02
Yeah that's likely not,going to happen. When Painter even smells a street agent he generally cuts his ties. Not commenting on any particular player but those around the player beside immediate family generally have their hands out. Like at MSU for example....
which is a big advantage for purdue going forward...
now that so many scandals/cheating have been brought to light

Saying Painter shouldn't change up his pitch or saying there's nothing Painter can do to land higher profile recruits is baffling. Recruiting is a part of Painter's job performance and not even getting an OV for TJD or Brooks is concerning. Saying awwww shucks and moving on is one option...Analyzing why he didn't get more traction with those guys and trying new things with the next cycle is another...
What is baffling is goofballs on a college basketball message board thinking they are gifted with the secret to recruiting 5* players. There are about 300 Div 1 basketball teams that would pay you guys big money to show them how to land one 5* player.

But I guess all 300 coaches are doubly stupid. Once because they don't know what you know. Twice because they aren't seeking you out to teach them.

No worries. Solid followup post. I think people often forget how good JJ was, maybe because of his difficulty to stick in the NBA. He was an AA for a reason. Great player, nice guy, and many of us really enjoyed watching him play for the Boilermakers.
I know one of JJs former coaches, and he said he’s a really great kid.

You obviously dont know them for a fact since I consumed every single bit on this site pertaining Franklin and Newman and never once came across anything that said they want to play together.

All 3 of your points in that post I quoted are incorrect. Thats not my opinion, that is a fact.

If that is not enough for you, you can continue arguing with yourself because I'm not going to continue arguing with you about a fact.

You are literally the worst poster I’ve ever come across on any team’s site. You condescend while trying to make points that are completely illogical. Give it a rest

Reactions: echs86
What is baffling is goofballs on a college basketball message board thinking they are gifted with the secret to recruiting 5* players. There are about 300 Div 1 basketball teams that would pay you guys big money to show them how to land one 5* player.

But I guess all 300 coaches are doubly stupid. Once because they don't know what you know. Twice because they aren't seeking you out to teach them.

It's called getting better at your job...Everyone can do it..Painter can do it...Try to do it with your negative pointless posts

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It's called getting better at your job...Everyone can do it..Painter can do it...Try to do it with your negative pointless posts
There was a great article about this exact point. CMP was really frustrated and was at a card game with some friends and a man he didn't know suggested he take a personality test and have his players/recruits take one as well. It has allowed CMP to see his strengths and his weaknesses and how those line up with his players. This is why you see a lot of current and recent players say CMP is a total players coach who is fair and balanced but some of his older former players say they wish they had this CMP as a coach although they still respect him with no end. I believe Robbie said the same thing while broadcasting a game last season. I think this is also why CMP has been able to increase his recruiting ability to a much higher degree over the last 3 years.

There was a great article about this exact point. CMP was really frustrated and was at a card game with some friends and a man he didn't know suggested he take a personality test and have his players/recruits take one as well. It has allowed CMP to see his strengths and his weaknesses and how those line up with his players. This is why you see a lot of current and recent players say CMP is a total players coach who is fair and balanced but some of his older former players say they wish they had this CMP as a coach although they still respect him with no end. I believe Robbie said the same thing while broadcasting a game last season. I think this is also why CMP has been able to increase his recruiting ability to a much higher degree over the last 3 years.

Thanks for the insight! Great post

You are literally the worst poster I’ve ever come across on any team’s site. You condescend while trying to make points that are completely illogical. Give it a rest
Uncalled for. Mkg is usually way out on a limb but he at least puts data and statistics behind his conclusions. Makes you think. Maybe his conclusions are hard to agree with but that is not a measure of his posting.

Please rethink this position. I think an apology is due.

Uncalled for. Mkg is usually way out on a limb but he at least puts data and statistics behind his conclusions. Makes you think. Maybe his conclusions are hard to agree with but that is not a measure of his posting.

Please rethink this position. I think an apology is due.
Agree here.

And you are the one who is going to help him get better at his job with your advice on a message board? Do you honestly believe that?

Who is really making pointless posts?

Reactions: Purdue85
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT