ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville

I believe that because I look at every other sport at Purdue and they are all successful almost every year! So what is it about football that they can’t be as successful as women’s volleyball? Or men’s swimming? Why is football a continued bottom feeder? Our coaches are paid better than most power 5 schools! Our recruiting classes are usually in the top 30-60. Why are teams like Iowa, uw, and nw and Minn always better than Purdue? Their players and their facilities are not any better than ours! Could it be because Purdue always hire some assistant coach or some low level school coach and it takes him 3-5 years to get his act together and then he leaves? Hope and Hazell never got their act together. Young and Brohm both left at their peak! Agassi and Akers had no clue. Tiller was successful because he introduced a passing oriented attack into the big 10 and teams hadn’t recruited the right type of players and implemented the right schemes to defend against it. Once they did, they caught onto tiller! We recruit 4 stars and the team still suks! I have to believe Purdue treats its football program like the Cubs! They don’t really care how bad it is as long as they sell tickets. I also believe they place the wrong priority on positions. Rather than having four 4 star receivers, Purdue should have 4 star linemen!
Football hasn’t had but a few bright moments in 50 years.

I just gave you two reasons why it got harder. Purdue’s NIL would be lucky, even post big donation, to be top 12 of 18 next year.

If they go sign 4-5 guys who you can tell cost money, okay different story.

E.g. Andre carter at Indiana. They had 13 tackles for loss against us. I’ve never seen an Indiana front 7 look so good. They paid for guys while Purdue was still hoping NIL would go away

Football hasn’t had but a few bright moments in 50 years.

I just gave you two reasons why it got harder. Purdue’s NIL would be lucky, even post big donation, to be top 12 of 18 next year.

If they go sign 4-5 guys who you can tell cost money, okay different story.

E.g. Andre carter at Indiana. They had 13 tackles for loss against us. I’ve never seen an Indiana front 7 look so good. They paid for guys while Purdue was still hoping NIL would go away
And it got them 3-9.

Need coaching too.

Yeah Indiana had other issues no question, but you aren’t about to deny how good their front seven looked, are you?
Vs us or in general?

I think when you put an average team in its best position with complimentary scheme and players you can look better than you actually are.

They had some dudes tho. Still 3-9

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT