ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville

We all predicted Brohm would be a consistent 9–10 game winner at Louisville without really trying. They scheduled cream puffs for non conference games. And the acc isn’t that tough. Maybe Purdue could take a hint. Unless you are Ohio st, you don’t need to schedule tough non conference opponents!

We all predicted Brohm would be a consistent 9–10 game winner at Louisville without really trying. They scheduled cream puffs for non conference games. And the acc isn’t that tough. Maybe Purdue could take a hint. Unless you are Ohio st, you don’t need to schedule tough non conference opponents!
speaking of osu, their long time DC and recruiter Larry Johnson retired

No the bad look is sorry people who couldn’t let Ryan Walters be a first year coach and acted like Bobinski fired Walters. Any time Louisville wants a lot more stuff than that they can join a real conference
I don’t care that Walters is a first year head coach. The B1G isn’t a training wheels league.

And every single one of us would love to have lost a conference championship game last night. It’s a bad look to pretend otherwise.

I don’t care that Walters is a first year head coach. The B1G isn’t a training wheels league.

And every single one of us would love to have lost a conference championship game last night. It’s a bad look to pretend otherwise.
You should email Bobinski and tell him all about it

No the bad look is sorry people who couldn’t let Ryan Walters be a first year coach and acted like Bobinski fired Walters. Any time Louisville wants a lot more stuff than that they can join a real conference
Come on everyone, stop picking on a grown ass man who chose to coach at Purdue with all of its disadvantages and no hope for success...... Stop it right now!!!

I am not sure why we keep talking about Brohm. It was not Bobinski's fault that he left. We could have doubled his salary, and he was eventually going to end up in Louisville. He never sold his house here. He grew up here and his family wanted him to come home. If it had not happened this year, it would have happened eventually.

Whether Walters was the right hire for the job, this next year will be a good indicator. He came in so late that he did not have a chance to recruit. We lost most of better recruits last year with Brohm leaving. We knew before Brohm left that this year's schedule was going to be tough. Walters now has a year underneath his belt, and he really needs to hit the transfer portal. They want SEC type of WRs, well let's see them then. If we are not competitive after this upcoming year, then I think the talk about Walters should be bigger and louder.

I am not sure why we keep talking about Brohm. It was not Bobinski's fault that he left. We could have doubled his salary, and he was eventually going to end up in Louisville. He never sold his house here. He grew up here and his family wanted him to come home. If it had not happened this year, it would have happened eventually.

Whether Walters was the right hire for the job, this next year will be a good indicator. He came in so late that he did not have a chance to recruit. We lost most of better recruits last year with Brohm leaving. We knew before Brohm left that this year's schedule was going to be tough. Walters now has a year underneath his belt, and he really needs to hit the transfer portal. They want SEC type of WRs, well let's see them then. If we are not competitive after this upcoming year, then I think the talk about Walters should be bigger and louder.
Brohm’s fan boys don’t get that. He wasn’t fired. He quit. So to me, every time Walters failed, bringing brohm up was beyond stupid. Purdue showed Jeff brohm every opportunity they could give. And he left.

I can’t wait until he gets clowned in their bowl game. Not cause of him, because of Purdue fans who love him so much. Like he was more than 2 games over .500 here

Brohm was blamed by some posters for all the issues we had this season.

Brohm was blamed by some posters for all the issues we had this season.
Not for all of them. A fair appraisal is that you can’t say Walters is good, but you can’t say he’s bad either, because of the roster left behind. Bad decisions? When you are at a talent deficit, bad decisions happen much more frequently.

If brohm had had another class like 2019 in 2020, I think the talent would have been there.

You should email Bobinski and tell him all about it
It’s obvious to most Brohm wanted to leave several years ago. He only stayed because of a couple of players. It was never about loyalty to Purdue or BOBO. And BOBO had to know that every time Louisville had a coaching vacancy, they would first ask Brohm to fill it And would pay any buyout!

Was Walters the best choice to replace him? I don’t know without knowing who else was also being considered. My previous thoughts were I thought Purdue could have done better than hiring an assistant coach from Illinois. When Painter retires will Purdue only interview assistant coaches from lousy basketball programs(that’s exactly what Illinois football is) ? Or would Purdue hire an experienced and successful head coach? The same AD makes the hire! But for some reason he applies different decisions and criteria for his coaching hires of basketball and football! We seem to recruit successful experienced coaches for basketball but we tend to go cheap and inexperienced for football. While successful, Tiller was a rather cheap and unknown commodity when hired! He definitely was not an Agassi or Young or Akers!

It’s obvious to most Brohm wanted to leave several years ago. He only stayed because of a couple of players. It was never about loyalty to Purdue or BOBO. And BOBO had to know that every time Louisville had a coaching vacancy, they would first ask Brohm to fill it And would pay any buyout!

Was Walters the best choice to replace him? I don’t know without knowing who else was also being considered. My previous thoughts were I thought Purdue could have done better than hiring an assistant coach from Illinois. When Painter retires will Purdue only interview assistant coaches from lousy basketball programs(that’s exactly what Illinois football is) ? Or would Purdue hire an experienced and successful head coach? The same AD makes the hire! But for some reason he applies different decisions and criteria for his coaching hires of basketball and football! We seem to recruit successful experienced coaches for basketball but we tend to go cheap and inexperienced for football. While successful, Tiller was a rather cheap and unknown commodity when hired! He definitely was not an Agassi or Young or Akers!
Why did you think that? Look at what Purdue was at the time of the hire. They can flip things but look at what we were.

> historically one of the worst big ten programs looking up at a loaded conference

> we schedule delusional OOC schedules like someone with a death wish

> Purdue was basically ignoring NIL and hoping it would just go away at the time they made the hire

What made you think we can do better? What very good established coach or g5 genius wants to go to one of the worst big ten programs to play a loaded big ten, a loaded OOC … oh.. and with almost no NIL support.

Who HAS to do that? No one fielding a ton of phone calls

Why did you think that? Look at what Purdue was at the time of the hire. They can flip things but look at what we were.

> historically one of the worst big ten programs

looking up at a loaded conference

> Purdue was basically ignoring NIL and hoping it would just go away at the time they made the hire

What made you think we can do better? What very good established coach or g5 genius wants to go to one of the worst big ten programs to play a loaded big ten, a loaded OOC … oh.. and with almost no NIL support.

Wow, with that logic, I'm no longer dismayed or concerned about a sub 500 record for Purdue Football.....

Wow, with that logic, I'm no longer dismayed or concerned about a sub 500 record for Purdue Football.....
Not sure if this is sarcasm but if there is progress (and it sounds like there is.. I.e. Scourton, Hartwig, Jenkins and mock getting paid), you can thank Zach edey. Before edey had a decision to make I’m of the belief that Purdue was hoping NIL would just be a fad.

Now, if Purdue works hard in NIL and Walters is still a dud, that’s on him. And if he’s fired Purdue will be in a much different place for their next hire.

Not sure if this is sarcasm but if there is progress (and it sounds like there is.. I.e. Scourton, Hartwig, Jenkins and mock getting paid), you can thank Zach edey. Before edey had a decision to make I’m of the belief that Purdue was hoping NIL would just be a fad.

Now, if Purdue works hard in NIL and Walters is still a dud, that’s on him. And if he’s fired Purdue will be in a much different place for their next hire.
No sarcasm, as an optimistic fan of Purdue Football, it's depressing to think that with all of the stadium updates, a BigTen Championship Game played last year and with the outstanding fan support/ momentum, that Purdue would be visualized as a Dead End Road Destination....

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

Painter was the head coach at Southern Illinois so what is your point?

No sarcasm, as an optimistic fan of Purdue Football, it's depressing to think that with all of the stadium updates, a BigTen Championship Game played last year and with the outstanding fan support/ momentum, that Purdue would be visualized as a Dead End Road Destination....
I think it’s improved. It was that. Now it’s more like definitely below average.

There are schools like Boston college getting completely wiped out because they won’t defend their own roster with cash. I have spy view, where I can read other premium boards. I went to read up on a Boston college transfer that Tom says Purdue is interested in. I legitimately felt bad for them. They are getting decommit after decommit and transfer out after transfer out. By reading their posts, we’d probably have an easier time against them by far than we did against Fresno. They are becoming a ghost town according to their own alum.

That’s depressing. I can’t be depressed with Purdue because they are legitimately fighting to protect the roster and bring in what they CAN.

That’s way way WAY different from how things were when Walters was hired.

Reactions: z_one
Surprisingly, oregone state may also qualify as a cake next year with everybody bailing, including the coach and a pretty good QB.

Brohm was not worth anything more than what he was paid. Recruiting poor the last couple of years because he was always shopping for a new job. Said it was good for recruiting, BS.

Reactions: z_one
Not in ooc .. we don’t control the conference schedule
We play them every year regardless, and will continue to, thankfully.

I just realized we play msu next year, which will likely be similar to what the beaves would have been, with the same coach and quite possibly the same qb along with a bunch of other fleeing beaves.

We should offer the beaves some money to play us at Ross-Aid. They are going to need money without a conference.

Reactions: pboiler18

> historically one of the worst big ten programs looking up at a loaded conference

I believe that because I look at every other sport at Purdue and they are all successful almost every year! So what is it about football that they can’t be as successful as women’s volleyball? Or men’s swimming? Why is football a continued bottom feeder? Our coaches are paid better than most power 5 schools! Our recruiting classes are usually in the top 30-60. Why are teams like Iowa, uw, and nw and Minn always better than Purdue? Their players and their facilities are not any better than ours! Could it be because Purdue always hire some assistant coach or some low level school coach and it takes him 3-5 years to get his act together and then he leaves? Hope and Hazell never got their act together. Young and Brohm both left at their peak! Agassi and Akers had no clue. Tiller was successful because he introduced a passing oriented attack into the big 10 and teams hadn’t recruited the right type of players and implemented the right schemes to defend against it. Once they did, they caught onto tiller! We recruit 4 stars and the team still suks! I have to believe Purdue treats its football program like the Cubs! They don’t really care how bad it is as long as they sell tickets. I also believe they place the wrong priority on positions. Rather than having four 4 star receivers, Purdue should have 4 star linemen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT