ADVERTISEMENT

Best hit / tackle by a Purdue player (slow news day post)

goboilers2

All-American
Sep 26, 2001
St Augustine
It was a cold, snowy November day in RA. Penn State took the kickoff and and Mike Rose leaped over a PSU blocker and leveled the ball carrier. We ended up losing the game by an ugly 17-42.

I remember putting Rumple mintz in hot chocolate and wearing Carharts.

I looked all over youtube for a clip but it does not exist.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Years ago, I think 1964 or 1965, probably the latter, on a kickoff return in Ross Ade Stadium the opponents had 3 lead blockers in a line in front of the ball carrier. All American Purdue player Jim Garcia threw his body across the 3 lead blockers taking them all out and also the runner. They had to carry him off the field but he soon returned. I sat by him in a class, nice guy.

Reactions: goboilers2
It was a cold, snowy November day in RA. Penn State took the kickoff and and Mike Rose leaped over a PSU blocker and leveled the ball carrier. We ended up losing the game by an ugly 17-42.

I remember putting Rumple mintz in hot chocolate and wearing Carharts.

I looked all over youtube for a clip but it does not exist.
Before I opened this and just saw the subject line, I was thinking of the exact same play.

I tried finding it as well previously.

Mike "Psycho" Rose.

Reactions: goboilers2
Not sure if it is the same play or not, but I remember a player going up in the air, Pollard grabbing him and basically pile driving him into the ground.
I remember that play. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, he had him picked up in the air for a second before he threw him back down on the ground. And also, I can recall the announcer exclaiming “Bonecrusher!” which was wrong, because that was Kyle Williams’ nickname.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT