ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Brunk transferring from Butler

You don't know me and my relationship to the Brooks family. I let this board know about Baz leaving, Brooks going to La, and that Sr. Applied but North wanted a coach that could teach as well, Brooks would be a 5* in 8th grade, along with Kentucky trending along time ago. I still thought he was leaning to MSU but decisions are just that. I think there were to many guesses for me to be correct on. Also, I was happy regardless of his decision because it was his. Let this die... because this is why Rita didn't like that irrational fan base.

The insider has spoken. How am I being irrational? I actually commended Brooks for his decision to attend UK. He clearly wants the quickest and clearest path to the NBA, and as business decision UK was logically the right choice. But yeah, you really went out on a limb saying Kentucky was trending. A 5* recruit considering Kentucky??? That’s some groundbreaking knowledge you dropped on us.

I just went back through your posts about Brooks. You were very adamant he was going to MSU. Using his parent's first names doesn't give you credibility.

What did his parent's say when you asked why they weren't giving Purdue a serious look?
Now you're making things up. I said "feel" he's an MSU lean but said I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Kentucky Btw the way Sr. liked coach Cal. Don't twist it. I didn't feel Purdue was in the running at all and that's why I stuck with MSU and Kentucky. I said it was a business decision along time ago and could careless about what talent is on the roster. He feels he's better....good for him on the confidence. Kentucky was the right decision for him.

Now you're making things up. I said "feel" he's an MSU lean but said I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Kentucky Btw the way Sr. liked coach Cal. Don't twist it. I didn't feel Purdue was in the running at all and that's why I stuck with MSU and Kentucky. I said it was a business decision along time ago and could careless about what talent is on the roster. He feels he's better....good for him on the confidence. Kentucky was the right decision for him.
Don’t you know that all Indiana boys dream of playing for the little sweaty guy down south?

Reactions: DAG10 and Poprudy
This is precisely the culture that has turned your once blue blood program 30+ years ago into trash. Please continue this way of thinking while the rest of the B1G points and laughs at your teams and fanbase.

Genuinely asking, where was Forrester going to get minutes? In the front court IU has:

De’Ron Davis- 1 year eligibility
TJD- 4 years eligibility
Race Thompson- 3 years eligibility
Justin Smith- 2 years eligibility
Jerome Hunter- 4 years eligibility

And there’s a very real possibility Joey Brunk is added who will have two years left. Please tell me where Jake Forrester fits into the picture not only this year but in the immediate future? The answer is; he doesn’t. This wasn’t Archie pushing somebody out, this was the writing on the wall that playing time isn’t available. Do not fault someone like Jake Forrester for wanting to transfer to s program that is more appropriate for his talent and skill-set that will allow him more playing time.

There’s been almost 600 kids that have entered the transfer portal and it’s growing by the day. There’s only 350 something D1 programs, that’s almost 2 transfer per team on average. To act like Indiana is the only program (B10 included) that has players transfer out is a ridiculously bad take but more importantly not accurate. I appreciate your cause for concern though.

Reactions: Carolsh
Genuinely asking, where was Forrester going to get minutes? In the front court IU has:

TJD- 4 years eligibility

And there’s a very real possibility Joey Brunk is added who will have two years left. Please tell me where Jake Forrester fits into the picture not only this year but in the immediate future? The answer is; he doesn’t. This wasn’t Archie pushing somebody out, this was the writing on the wall that playing time isn’t available. Do not fault someone like Jake Forrester for wanting to transfer to s program that is more appropriate for his talent and skill-set that will allow him more playing time.

There’s been almost 600 kids that have entered the transfer portal and it’s growing by the day. There’s only 350 something D1 programs, that’s almost 2 transfer per team on average. To act like Indiana is the only program (B10 included) that has players transfer out is a ridiculously bad take but more importantly not accurate. I appreciate your cause for concern though.
You completely, and I mean completely, missed the point.

You completely, and I mean completely, missed the point.

Didn’t miss a single point. I originally stated in the grand scheme of things, losing Jake Forrester isn’t a loss for IU and then you went on a tangible rant about culture that has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed.

TJD- 4 years eligibility

Here is the issue as I see it. TJD is probably a one and done. J Hunter may not play again. That leaves very few front line players to “get old” at IU. Upper class players are usually better as front line guys. You somehow see this roster as an IU strength?

I see 8 of 13 scholarship players leaving the program this year thre graduation, leVing early, and transfers. I see you guys as being continuously young and inexperienced. Turn over like that can kill a Program for years.

By the way, Joey Brunk is not a BIG starter. Don’t look to his possible transfer as some sort of salvation. He is most probably a bench guy that can give a starter a 5 minute blow.

Reactions: DAG10
Here is the issue as I see it. TJD is probably a one and done. J Hunter may not play again. That leaves very few front line players to “get old” at IU. Upper class players are usually better as front line guys. You somehow see this roster as an IU strength?

I see 8 of 13 scholarship players leaving the program this year thre graduation, leVing early, and transfers. I see you guys as being continuously young and inexperienced. Turn over like that can kill a Program for years.

By the way, Joey Brunk is not a BIG starter. Don’t look to his possible transfer as some sort of salvation. He is most probably a bench guy that can give a starter a 5 minute blow.
TJD is not a one and done.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Given his recruiting history in state it seems they would rather play for the "little sweaty guy down south" than Painter...
We’ll see how long that lasts with his pathetic on court performance.
Given his recruiting history in state it seems they would rather play for the "little sweaty guy down south" than Painter...
Not all that impressed. Adidas bought Romeo and handed him to Archie, and TJD is a half hour away and would have gone there no matter who the coach was.

TJD is not a one and done.
I had understood that he was a 5 star prospect. If he is not a OND, then his impact next year will be minimal. Seems he is either a OND and the front court savior, or he is not. All depends on which argument folks are trying to defend I guess.

Reactions: Carolsh
We’ll see how long that lasts with his pathetic on court performance.

Not all that impressed. Adidas bought Romeo and handed him to Archie, and TJD is a half hour away and would have gone there no matter who the coach was.
I'm guessing Nike must have bought Biggie for you guys as well :rolleyes:

I had understood that he was a 5 star prospect. If he is not a OND, then his impact next year will be minimal. Seems he is either a OND and the front court savior, or he is not. All depends on which argument folks are trying to defend I guess.
Biggie was a 5* and not a one and done. TJD is 6'9" with no jumpshot. He will need to grow or develop a jumpshot to go pro early. I expect him to be at IU for 2-3 years. He will be a solid college player though.

Couple things:

1) as an IU fan I don’t see TJD as a one and done. He’s a tweener. His skill set is that of one under the basket. At 6’9 he’s too small to be an NBA center and he doesn’t have the perimeter game to be a 4. I expect TJD to be at IU at least 2 years

2) there’s nothing that suggests Hunter won’t ever play

3) No IU fan expects Brunk to be a starter. But he’s at least a reliable backup at the P5 level, something Forrester can’t say.

My take, Forrester couldn’t find minutes this year and IU was decimated with injuries in the front court. Hunter didn’t play a minute, Davis missed several games and was 50-60% healthy when he played, and Race Thompson missed all al but 6 games and Forrester still couldn’t see the floor. All these guys are healthy plus adding TJD and potentially Brunk and he’s the odd man out

Dead giveaway.

How many times will you return here to enlighten us with your bad takes? Don’t you get tired of showing everyone how smart you are?
You think I've posted on this board before under a different name? I just recently found this board when I was looking to see what Purdue fans thought of the "Painter leaving " rumors.

You think I've posted on this board before under a different name? I just recently found this board when I was looking to see what Purdue fans thought of the "Painter leaving " rumors.
I agree with Proud. Here's what I see.....
images

Lt's brig this back to Joey Brunk and his decision. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have seen some folks think that they will build a front line around this kid, depending on where he ends up. I don't see him as that kind of player. Is that a correct perspective?

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Lt's brig this back to Joey Brunk and his decision. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have seen some folks think that they will build a front line around this kid, depending on where he ends up. I don't see him as that kind of player. Is that a correct perspective?
I have not seen any evidence of him even being a strong starter for a strong team ... maybe we are both out cruising in the nice weather and missed something.

I agree with that perspective. At the B1G level I think he's a solid backup.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
I have not seen any evidence of him even being a strong starter for a strong team ... maybe we are both out cruising in the nice weather and missed something.
Which would make him a strong candidate to contribute at IU if this year's edition of the Archie's is any indication

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT