ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Brunk transferring from Butler

Durham went from a 29% 3pt shooter to a 35% shooter from last year to this year.

Green went from a 34% 3pt shooter to a 41% shooter.

Look at Juwan Morgan's stats under Archie compared to Crean.

IU was ranked as the 65th best defense by kenpom last year. This year they finished 30th.
Yeah - players generally do get better at shooting the longer they're in college. Yea Archie. smh

I was responding to a post that said he did tweet it.
And I'm responding to you saying that it doesn't matter if he actually tweeted - because everyone including hid dad already thinks it.

Oates hit the ground running at Bama. He's going after Watford's brother and two others that IU fans think are theirs.
No IU fan thinks we are leading for Watford. Memphis is definitely the leader in that recruitment.

And I'm responding to you saying that it doesn't matter if he actually tweeted - because everyone including hid dad already thinks it.
Impressive that you can read minds.

I'm an IU fan..
Watford..is pretty much a pipe dream..
Looseing Brooks was a big deal..
But Hunter if he ever plays..And that's a big question. Is better than Brooks..And probably has more of an impact than Romeo..

I just went through Brooks' Dad's Twitter and didnt see anything of the sort. You making stuff up now?
Did I make up stuff when I said it was down to MSU and Kentucky before he committed? I said back in August Kentucky was trending. You obviously aren't looking at what he posted. Look at his 03/02/2019 post and see what RL's game looked like against MSU.

The poster asked for some examples of who improved from year 1 under Archie to year 2. I just provided the examples.
I don’t question your stats. Why do you think those improvements in their individual performance in a clear area of need did not translate to team success?

Did I make up stuff when I said it was down to MSU and Kentucky before he committed? I said back in August Kentucky was trending. You obviously aren't looking at what he posted. Look at his 03/02/2019 post and see what RL's game looked like against MSU.
IU was trending for Keion until losing 12 of 13. That gave him pause, and he visited UK. You were wrong if you said UK was trending back in August. You were wrong about it being down to MSU and UK. It was down to IU and UK.

I saw the Brooks Sr tweet and see no connection to IU in it. You really think he shit on Archie directly after IU beat MSU (a final 4 team btw) for a second time?

This board is full of mind readers haha.

I don’t question your stats. Why do you think those improvements in their individual performance in a clear area of need did not translate to team success?
We were 12-2 ranked in the top 20 prior to losing 12 of 13. We were a young team that dealt with injury after injury. We had 8 rotation players miss time this year with injuries.

I'm not saying Archie is the one to get us back to where we want to be, but injuries certainly played a factor this year.

We were 12-2 ranked in the top 20 prior to losing 12 of 13. We were a young team that dealt with injury after injury. We had 8 rotation players miss time this year with injuries.

I'm not saying Archie is the one to get us back to where we want to be, but injuries certainly played a factor this year.
I can buy into that. If your improved shooters are out due to injury and play improves when they come back, it reads across well.
Good luck next season.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
IU was trending for Keion until losing 12 of 13. That gave him pause, and he visited UK. You were wrong if you said UK was trending back in August. You were wrong about it being down to MSU and UK. It was down to IU and UK.

I saw the Brooks Sr tweet and see no connection to IU in it. You really think he shit on Archie directly after IU beat MSU (a final 4 team btw) for a second time?

I guess you knew that he was going to make his last 2 visits to Kentucky and MSU. You're are a delusional bunch. I guess that trend came to be correct. You can't twist it. Many people didn't even think Kentucky was in the running for a long time but look what happened.

Why would they offer Leal when they are in a very good position with other guards (Morton/Love)? Leal hasn't been consistent in his play.

Archie hasn't figured out how to recruit, yet he had a top 10 class nationally as his first class, and currently has two commits from Indiana that are a 5* and a 4*.

You aren't special in knowing that Leal is waiting for an IU offer, and that he would commit right away. Every IU fan that follows recruiting knows that. The issue is that he hasn't proven to be good enough for an offer at this time. Let's see how his AAU season goes this year.

I never said I was special for knowing it. As it being part of my job, I didn’t want to specifically name drop.

He hasn’t yet figured out how to recruit to a HM school for players that fit his system. How did that 5* work out?

Why would they offer Leal when they are in a very good position with other guards (Morton/Love)? Leal hasn't been consistent in his play.

Archie hasn't figured out how to recruit, yet he had a top 10 class nationally as his first class, and currently has two commits from Indiana that are a 5* and a 4*.

You aren't special in knowing that Leal is waiting for an IU offer, and that he would commit right away. Every IU fan that follows recruiting knows that. The issue is that he hasn't proven to be good enough for an offer at this time. Let's see how his AAU season goes this year.
I’m also a bit confused where you get your recruiting information. You don’t have a 4* committed (Armaan is a 3*).

I can buy into that. If your improved shooters are out due to injury and play improves when they come back, it reads across well.
Good luck next season.
You as well. I'm sure you guys had an awesome time with the ride you went on this year! Painter is a great coach!

Reactions: Dakota Girl
I guess you knew that he was going to make his last 2 visits to Kentucky and MSU. You're are a delusional bunch. I guess that trend came to be correct. You can't twist it. Many people didn't even think Kentucky was in the running for a long time but look what happened.
He never visited MSU. Nice try though.

I never said I was special for knowing it. As it being part of my job, I didn’t want to specifically name drop.

He hasn’t yet figured out how to recruit to a HM school for players that fit his system. How did that 5* work out?
He's had 1 recruiting class. Of that recruiting class only 2 players saw the floor (Phinisee and Romeo).

That 5* averaged 17 pts and 5 rebs btw. How would it have worked out if we didnt have 8 guys out with injury? What about if top 50 freshman Jerome Hunter hadn't been hurt all year? What if top 100 Race Thompson wasn't limited to 6 games?

Archie is recruiting fine. You may be in the wrong profession if you think a coach landing a top 10 class isn't good.

Reactions: BTBall
He's had 1 recruiting class. Of that recruiting class only 2 players saw the floor (Phinisee and Romeo).

That 5* averaged 17 pts and 5 rebs btw. How would it have worked out if we didnt have 8 guys out with injury? What about if top 50 freshman Jerome Hunter hadn't been hurt all year? What if top 100 Race Thompson wasn't limited to 6 games?

Archie is recruiting fine. You may be in the wrong profession if you think a coach landing a top 10 class isn't good.
Can you show me where I said he wasn’t good? In fact, I said that he would be fine.

I know multiple people that say that he’s struggling a bit to get the guys that fit his system to come in. Whether you’re the #1 class or the #400 class, if you don’t have system fits, they won’t reach their potential.

I’m not bashing Archie because I know most of those kids personally, but I think the allure of a flashy IU has worn off, hence the drop from 10 to 40s.

Canceled his official, although he did take a visit in late 2017.
That's my point. He canceled his official and then canceled his unofficial that was supposed to take place the day following the UK visit.

I’m also a bit confused where you get your recruiting information. You don’t have a 4* committed (Armaan is a 3*).
He's borderline 4*/3*. 247 and Rivals have him as a 3*. ESPN has him as a 4*.

I get my recruiting information the same place you do.

That's my point. He canceled his official and then canceled his unofficial that was supposed to take place the day following the UK visit.

He's borderline 4*/3*. 247 and Rivals have him as a 3*. ESPN has him as a 4*.

I get my recruiting information the same place you do.
Composite he’s a 3*. You go by composite ranking in recruiting rankings.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue

He's saying Archie hasn't figured out how to build a team yet. He can recruit the 5 stars to IU, but so could Crean, Sampson, and Davis. It's not hard to do. Offering the local shooter that dreams of playing at IU when your team needs better outside shooting is a no brainer IMO. Get the 5 stars, but try to get one kid a class from IU that doesn't care about minutes and just wants to play at IU and he will be alright.

As for injuries, the Hunter and Phinisee injuries were significant, other than that it was a lot role guys missing a couple games here and there. Losing 12 of 13 should be inexplicable at IU, especially with the two guys as talented as Morgan and Langford being healthy 99% of the year.

Can you show me where I said he wasn’t good? In fact, I said that he would be fine.

I know multiple people that say that he’s struggling a bit to get the guys that fit his system to come in. Whether you’re the #1 class or the #400 class, if you don’t have system fits, they won’t reach their potential.

I’m not bashing Archie because I know most of those kids personally, but I think the allure of a flashy IU has worn off, hence the drop from 10 to 40s.
Again, he only played two of his recruits this year. 2 were injured (Hunter/Thompson). 2 weren't ready to play as Freshmen (Andersen/Forrester).

Not sure if you know how the class rankings work on 247 (which I'm assuming you are looking at), but class size is a factor. IU only has two commits right now, so of course their ranking will be lower. Those commits are very quality players, however.

Again, he only played two of his recruits this year. 2 were injured (Hunter/Thompson). 2 weren't ready to play as Freshmen (Andersen/Forrester).

Not sure if you know how the class rankings work on 247 (which I'm assuming you are looking at), but class size is a factor. IU only has two commits right now, so of course their ranking will be lower. Those commits are very quality players, however.
Shit, you’re right. I didn’t understand how that all worked.

Reactions: Gemini95
He's saying Archie hasn't figured out how to build a team yet. He can recruit the 5 stars to IU, but so could Crean, Sampson, and Davis. It's not hard to do. Offering the local shooter that dreams of playing at IU when your team needs better outside shooting is a no brainer IMO. Get the 5 stars, but try to get one kid a class from IU that doesn't care about minutes and just wants to play at IU and he will be alright.

As for injuries, the Hunter and Phinisee injuries were significant, other than that it was a lot role guys missing a couple games here and there. Losing 12 of 13 should be inexplicable at IU, especially with the two guys as talented as Morgan and Langford being healthy 99% of the year.
Leal hasn't performed consistently enough to warrant an offer to this point. Not sure how you can argue against that considering Purdue hasnt offered.

Reactions: pboiler18

I do not read minds, nor do I claim to do so. However, there is no demonstrable way to demonstrate that Brooks was going to choose IU at any time. At one point, they might/might not have been the favorite in his mind. However, how would anyone else know for sure how another was thinking? It is really impossible to know; even despite claims, some people prefer to mislead.

Your comment is simply impossible to prove or disprove. What is known is that he publicly declared for UK.

Leal hasn't performed consistently enough to warrant an offer to this point. Not sure how you can argue against that considering Purdue hasnt offered.
Purdue isn’t recruiting him. They are prioritizing other in-state 2020 recruits. They don’t have a reason to go for a 4* 6’5 shooting guard who shoots over 40% from deep in IU’s backyard.

Tell Iowa, Nebraska, Stanford, Xavier, that he hasn’t shown anything.

Reactions: Roeder
You as well. I'm sure you guys had an awesome time with the ride you went on this year! Painter is a great coach!
Thanks.
It was one of, if not the most fun season I have ever witnessed. Those last three games were remarkable, each in there own way. I’m seeing people with no dog in the fight talk about the UVA vs Purdue game as a tournament classic and I can’t argue.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
I do not read minds, nor do I claim to do so. However, there is no demonstrable way to demonstrate that Brooks was going to choose IU at any time. At one point, they might/might not have been the favorite in his mind. However, how would anyone else know for sure how another was thinking? It is really impossible to know; even despite claims, some people prefer to mislead.

Your comment is simply impossible to prove or disprove. What is known is that he publicly declared for UK.
Your same comments could apply to the other poster as well. We dont know exactly what he was thinking either way. We can only go on what was reported, or better yet just move on as he didnt pick either IU or Purdue.

Purdue isn’t recruiting him. They are prioritizing other in-state 2020 recruits. They don’t have a reason to go for a 4* 6’5 shooting guard who shoots over 40% from deep in IU’s backyard.

Tell Iowa, Nebraska, Stanford, Xavier, that he hasn’t shown anything.
The 2020 class is very weak in Indiana. Leal is really the only one at this point that may be worth a scholarship (at either IU or Purdue). IU is in a great spot with Caleb Love and Ethan Morton. Both guards are superior to Leal at this point. There is no point in IU offering right now and filling up a scholarship with a player who isnt their top choice.

Your same comments could apply to the other poster as well. We dont know exactly what he was thinking either way. We can only go on what was reported, or better yet just move on as he didnt pick either IU or Purdue.

The 2020 class is very weak in Indiana. Leal is really the only one at this point that may be worth a scholarship (at either IU or Purdue). IU is in a great spot with Caleb Love and Ethan Morton. Both guards are superior to Leal at this point. There is no point in IU offering right now and filling up a scholarship with a player who isnt their top choice.

Ok.

it's interesting 24/7 lists him as a 6'5 shooting guard, but in their description of him, they list him at 6'2. Did he grow 3 inches this Fall?

as for Brunk, it appears Butler is going back to the status it came from. they will be a good team, but no longer a great team.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Jordan will be on the hot seat if they don’t improve. The Butler fans are getting restless after what happened this year.

No IU fan thinks we are leading for Watford. Memphis is definitely the leader in that recruitment.

Impressive that you can read minds.
I don't think your statement about Memphis is correct. There's been several IU posters talk about how he was a lock.
Jordan will be on the hot seat if they don’t improve. The Butler fans are getting restless after what happened this year.
Jordan should be gone now. He has no coaching ability save maybe a Jr. High team.

it's interesting 24/7 lists him as a 6'5 shooting guard, but in their description of him, they list him at 6'2. Did he grow 3 inches this Fall?

as for Brunk, it appears Butler is going back to the status it came from. they will be a good team, but no longer a great team.

Yeah, he’s a legit 6’4 if not 6’5.

I don't think your statement about Memphis is correct. There's been several IU posters talk about how he was a lock.

Jordan should be gone now. He has no coaching ability save maybe a Jr. High team.
The IU insiders have never once said Watford is an IU lock, or even that IU was leading. They are currently saying Memphis is leading and to not count on him to commit to IU.

If you are referencing IU posters on the rivals free board, I would suggest you consider the source.

IU is in a better spot today than they were a month ago, but that's only because of the Alabama/LSU coaching situations, and that Brooks didnt come to IU.

The IU insiders have never once said Watford is an IU lock, or even that IU was leading. They are currently saying Memphis is leading and to not count on him to commit to IU.

If you are referencing IU posters on the rivals free board, I would suggest you consider the source.

IU is in a better spot today than they were a month ago, but that's only because of the Alabama/LSU coaching situations, and that Brooks didnt come to IU.
How do you figure IU is in a better spot than a month ago? You lost Morgan, you lost Langford, my guess is you're going to have others transfer than already have, and you still have a coach that knows nothing about recruiting. Archie should have stayed in Dayton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT