ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Brunk transferring from Butler

PU52Chevy

All-American
Jul 18, 2006
6ft 11in C/PF available next year to play...…..

I think we were in on him initially but he chose Butler.....

Not sure we have a need at the 4/5 spot unless EB moves on...…

Just thought I would share the news.

Interesting news but I don't think we play that game unless Haarms leaves for some reason. No need. I'd rather give the PT to EB (if he's here). Would definitely like to have a Carsen like scorer (who wouldn't?) than another big dude. Tre and Haarms need all the minutes they can get.

Interesting news but I don't think we play that game unless Haarms leaves for some reason. No need. I'd rather give the PT to EB (if he's here). Would definitely like to have a Carsen like scorer (who wouldn't?) than another big dude. Tre and Haarms need all the minutes they can get.
and Dow . . .

Reactions: LLaswell
Completely agree, I think the ship sailed on Brunk for us. As you said we don't have a need for him over people on the current roster.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue

What's amazing is he leaves Butler and the first coach to visit is Lil' Arch. Brunk came to play for Holtmann before he went to OSU. Tampering?

What's amazing is he leaves Butler and the first coach to visit is Lil' Arch. Brunk came to play for Holtmann before he went to OSU. Tampering?
Huh? Now you’re just looking for something. He’s not even that good of a player. He’ll help but not enough unless they play a lot better next year. I think they will but who knows?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
From what little I know about Brunk, he would be a serviceable post coming off the bench, but I don't think he is a starter for IU. I think he just might absorb one more scholarship that IU could have used to get a better player.

If he does go to IU, and starts, then I may have underestimated him... or IU is in for another season like the last one

From what little I know about Brunk, he would be a serviceable post coming off the bench, but I don't think he is a starter for IU. I think he just might absorb one more scholarship that IU could have used to get a better player.

If he does go to IU, and starts, then I may have underestimated him... or IU is in for another season like the last one
I would normally be interested in a kid like Brunk, but we have 2-3 kids already on the roster I like more at the 5.

I think the only way Purdue takes Brunk is (1) they think Haarms is leaving (he's not), or (2) Boudreaux leaves (he won't).

No need to have basically four centers on the team. Where Brunk would be the third man. Now if they think Haarms or Tre can play the 4 all the time maybe, but I don't think that they can.

Well, they are filling their need for 3-point shooters nicely, I see.
There is one 2020 guy in the state who would fit the mold as a 4-year player who can shoot it really well...and they haven't offered him yet (and he's been waiting for like a year). I have on a solid source that he would make that commitment within a few days.

I'm not sure they know what they are doing.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
There is one 2020 guy in the state who would fit the mold as a 4-year player who can shoot it really well...and they haven't offered him yet (and he's been waiting for like a year). I have on a solid source that he would make that commitment within a few days.

Meaning they haven’t made a decision as to what they are doing?

Who’s this?

Meaning they haven’t made a decision as to what they are doing?
I just don't believe that Archie has figured out how to recruit at the HM level quite yet. I think he'll get there, but the consensus I hear is that he's struggling.

Who’s this?
I don't feel compelled to divulge that information yet. I'll post it once he either receives an IU offer or commits to one of the HM's that have offered him.

I just don't believe that Archie has figured out how to recruit at the HM level quite yet. I think he'll get there, but the consensus I hear is that he's struggling.

I don't feel compelled to divulge that information yet. I'll post it once he either receives an IU offer or commits to one of the HM's that have offered him.
Gotta be Leal.

Reactions: Statey
He’s had an all American the last two years
Yeah, you're correct. But neither of those kids can do what IU needs. Romeo can't shoot, but yet they tried to make him shoot.

TJD is a top 25 guy nationally, but how is is going to look if IU can't get him to the NBA in two years?

McDonald's All-American's aren't 4-year players. But yet Romeo looks as if he needs another year skill wise (he's declaring), and TJD isn't going to gain the skills he needs in Archie's system. I spoke with a couple people who know the deal and I wouldn't be surprised to hear some surprising things in a few years.

Edit: I can't spell.

You’re right, I’m not sure what he’s waiting on there?
It is Leal, yes. I have no idea. He'd commit before the offer even got out on social media.

They are going to wait so long that an Iowa, Nebraska comes in and takes him.

Yeah, you're correct. But neither of those kids can do what IU needs. Romeo can't shoot, but yet they tried to make him shoot.

TJD is a top 25 guy nationally, but how is is going to look if IU can't get him to the NBA in two years?

McDonald's All-American's aren't 4-year players. But yet Romeo looks as if he needs another year skill wise (he's declaring), and TJD isn't going to gain the skills he needs in Archie's system. I spoke with a couple people who know the deal and I wouldn't be surprised to hear some surprising things in a few years.

Edit: I can't spell.
Look at KB Sr's tweet towards TJD after the MSU game. He felt Romeo wasn't taught any individual skills to get him to the next level.

It is Leal, yes. I have no idea. He'd commit before the offer even got out on social media.

They are going to wait so long that an Iowa, Nebraska comes in and takes him.
Nebraska scares me a little but like our chances of In state talent that fits our system.

Look at KB Sr's tweet towards TJD after the MSU game. He felt Romeo wasn't taught any individual skills to get him to the next level.
That, and TJD’s dad hates IU. It’s all about the NBA for them, as it should be.

Nebraska scares me a little but like our chances of In state talent that fits our system.
I agree. The family is just such IU diehards, not sure he’ll wanna go to Purdue if IU messes up and doesn’t offer/offers late.

That, and TJD’s dad hates IU. It’s all about the NBA for them, as it should be.
I do agree with the NBA part but he hasn't shown he can teach individual skills to get them there. What player had the most growth this year. Durham? Green? Phin? they had flashes but nothing sustainable.

Why would they offer Leal when they are in a very good position with other guards (Morton/Love)? Leal hasn't been consistent in his play.

Archie hasn't figured out how to recruit, yet he had a top 10 class nationally as his first class, and currently has two commits from Indiana that are a 5* and a 4*.

You aren't special in knowing that Leal is waiting for an IU offer, and that he would commit right away. Every IU fan that follows recruiting knows that. The issue is that he hasn't proven to be good enough for an offer at this time. Let's see how his AAU season goes this year.

I just went through Brooks' Dad's Twitter and didnt see anything of the sort. You making stuff up now?

I do agree with the NBA part but he hasn't shown he can teach individual skills to get them there. What player had the most growth this year. Durham? Green? Phin? they had flashes but nothing sustainable.
Durham went from a 29% 3pt shooter to a 35% shooter from last year to this year.

Green went from a 34% 3pt shooter to a 41% shooter.

Look at Juwan Morgan's stats under Archie compared to Crean.

IU was ranked as the 65th best defense by kenpom last year. This year they finished 30th.

I just went through Brooks' Dad's Twitter and didnt see anything of the sort. You making stuff up now?
Did his dad really need to tweet it? I mean everyone already thinks it - pretty much common knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT