ADVERTISEMENT

IU Star says CFB fell in love with Rev Coach Leo and his message of love...

After tonights commitment,Purdue is ranked 26th nationally and 5th in the BIG.A week ago,they were about 45th nationally and 10th or 11th in the conference.This is a huge jump in a few days!Boiler up!.
Less than 2 weeks ago hyping up the PU recruit rankings. Now hyping "we won't know for 4 years" angle.

Reactions: HoosierJmb
I was looking through Purdue's OL class to understand why they backed off Moore (I am sure that excuse is coming shortly), but I am having some technical difficulties.. it doesn't look like any of the P5 offers are loading for the PU commits? All I see are the MAC and FCS offers.. wonder what's up with that.
You don’t believe Purdue backed off?

Again, this is a Purdue board. We don’t GAF about IU on here except when we beat you.

It won’t be long when you’re rooting for ND again because IU football is back where it historically resides - the bottom of the BIG.
You say that. But this discussion was started by a Purdue guy, who has a major hard on for Tom Allen. If your board truly doesnt care about IU. Why is there a thread about the IU coach on here

Why didnt Rutgers offer the 2 OL you got from NJ. Rutgers has a staff full of Jersey based coaches on it. Could it be they dont think of them as big 10 lineman?
I sure hope Purdue backed off. Backing off a 4 star stud lineman from a school that is one of the better high school programs in the state of Indiana and has always been good to Purdue. Please yes I hope Purdue backed off of that all day. Open that door for IU to start that pipeline with Snider.

Less than 2 weeks ago hyping up the PU recruit rankings. Now hyping "we won't know for 4 years" angle.
Sure I was hyping it.But I have always thought until these guys play,we dont know for sure how good they will be.

I sure hope Purdue backed off. Backing off a 4 star stud lineman from a school that is one of the better high school programs in the state of Indiana and has always been good to Purdue. Please yes I hope Purdue backed off of that all day. Open that door for IU to start that pipeline with Snider.
Sucks we didn't get him. No excuses, go back to your board and crow over there. When Purdue beats IU on 11/27, I hope you don't let the air out of your balloon too fast.

If the Auburn bowl loss didn't bury the Purdue program, it looks like Mr. Allen will!!!!!!

If the Auburn bowl loss didn't bury the Purdue program, it looks like Mr. Allen will!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Sucks we didn't get him. No excuses, go back to your board and crow over there. When Purdue beats IU on 11/27, I hope you don't let the air out of your balloon too fast.

You know what’s hilarious? And @td75 knows this is true.. when Purdue was ahead in record, recent bucket wins and recruiting..

Their board was speak no evil, hear no evil. They wouldn’t bring us up and if one of us went over there it was Insta ban surf all posts deleted ..

such cowards when td knows he’s like so many here. Purdue could go 9-3 and spank IU and he wouldn’t give us any credit

Reactions: Indy_Rider
You say that. But this discussion was started by a Purdue guy, who has a major hard on for Tom Allen. If your board truly doesnt care about IU. Why is there a thread about the IU coach on here
The original post was about the IU Star and its cheerleading program.

Your homoerotic fantasies about Rev. Coach Leo, while no doubt commonly discussed on the clownpants forum you crawled out of, have no place on a forum like this one for mature adults who are Purdue football fans.

Purdue's recruiting has clearly slipped a bit from a couple of years ago which is obviously a result of a couple of losing seasons in a row. IU's recruiting is trending upwards as a result of two consecutive winning seasons. Obviously, recruiting momentum is fleeting and the two programs could be looking at things completely differently a year from now. So let's talk about next season.

My view is that Purdue is going to be good. Brohm's best recruiting classes are coming of age and there are difference makers on both sides of the ball. The biggest questions are will the QBs provide consistent production, and is there depth on the lines when injuries occur. If the answers to both are yes, Purdue should have a good season. Should that happen, I'd expect an uptick in recruiting a year from now. If the answers are no, then it's likely more of the same as the last two years.

Purdue's recruiting has clearly slipped a bit from a couple of years ago which is obviously a result of a couple of losing seasons in a row. IU's recruiting is trending upwards as a result of two consecutive winning seasons. Obviously, recruiting momentum is fleeting and the two programs could be looking at things completely differently a year from now. So let's talk about next season.

My view is that Purdue is going to be good. Brohm's best recruiting classes are coming of age and there are difference makers on both sides of the ball. The biggest questions are will the QBs provide consistent production, and is there depth on the lines when injuries occur. If the answers to both are yes, Purdue should have a good season. Should that happen, I'd expect an uptick in recruiting a year from now. If the answers are no, then it's likely more of the same as the last two years.

two things are way worse than anything you’re seeing in our rankings..

1. the number of guys who came here abs didn’t work out.. look at running back. You’re seeing the impact of this.

2. I just read the athletic article.. even when we had the upsurge of recruiting, 16 of the top 20 recruits were skill players

two things are way worse than anything you’re seeing in our rankings..

1. the number of guys who came here abs didn’t work out.. look at running back. You’re seeing the impact of this.

2. I just read the athletic article.. even when we had the upsurge of recruiting, 16 of the top 20 recruits were skill players
I do wish we knew why so many RBS left.

I do wish we knew why so many RBS left.

i think two things are a bigger part of the job than a lot think…

1. Brohm is gonna suffer, to an extent, this year and maybe next because he made a bad choice in Diaco. Who your network is and who you choose to bring in can be huge

2. what I call Jerry Krause regarding Stacey king. When king was drafted by the bulls and met Krause he said “hey are you the guy I saw following me around campus” or something to that effect.

sometimes the “word is out” on a guy. A guy is a four star from New York and no one from between there and Indiana seems to be falling over themselves to get him .. because someone may know something,

for example.. I always worry when we get highly ranked guys from Ohio or Pennsylvania that Ohio state, penn state, Michigan state etc didn’t seem to want that bad.

Maybe because they could not beat out Horvath.
So when big ten teams have a player as good as horvath.. everyone except one other guy leaves? Lmfao .. cool. So no one else has more than two running backs in the big ten. I feel better

You know what’s hilarious? And @td75 knows this is true.. when Purdue was ahead in record, recent bucket wins and recruiting..

Their board was speak no evil, hear no evil. They wouldn’t bring us up and if one of us went over there it was Insta ban surf all posts deleted ..

such cowards when td knows he’s like so many here. Purdue could go 9-3 and spank IU and he wouldn’t give us any credit
Tiller went 10-2 vs IU.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.We are talking about kids who are about 18 to 21 years old,so who knows what goes on in their heads.?

i think two things are a bigger part of the job than a lot think…

1. Brohm is gonna suffer, to an extent, this year and maybe next because he made a bad choice in Diaco. Who your network is and who you choose to bring in can be huge

2. what I call Jerry Krause regarding Stacey king. When king was drafted by the bulls and met Krause he said “hey are you the guy I saw following me around campus” or something to that effect.

sometimes the “word is out” on a guy. A guy is a four star from New York and no one from between there and Indiana seems to be falling over themselves to get him .. because someone may know something,

for example.. I always worry when we get highly ranked guys from Ohio or Pennsylvania that Ohio state, penn state, Michigan state etc didn’t seem to want that bad.
Brohm already addressed the Diaco fiasco in a quick, aggressive way. Hiring Brad Lambert, Hagen, Ron English, and James Adams was an excellent recovery. There will be almost no recovery “hangover” from the Diaco hire.
As to Tirek Murphy. FFS, he had 27 offers including:

Purdue
Arizona State
Baylor
Boston College
Duke
Georgia Tech
Indiana
Kentucky
LSU
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Oregon
Pitt
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Tennessee
Texas A&M

With interest listed for PSU. Obviously, he was a bad recruit, right?

So when big ten teams have a player as good as horvath.. everyone except one other guy leaves? Lmfao .. cool. So no one else has more than two running backs in the big ten. I feel better
We have more than two. Did you think we don't?

All of them presumably want to be the lead guy in a one-back offense, and when they see that is not happening, some may go elsewhere. Seems pretty simple.

Reactions: SDBoiler1 and BBG
Brohm already addressed the Diaco fiasco in a quick, aggressive way. Hiring Brad Lambert, Hagen, Ron English, and James Adams was an excellent recovery. There will be almost no recovery “hangover” from the Diaco hire.
As to Tirek Murphy. FFS, he had 27 offers including:

Purdue
Arizona State
Baylor
Boston College
Duke
Georgia Tech
Indiana
Kentucky
LSU
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Oregon
Pitt
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Tennessee
Texas A&M

With interest listed for PSU. Obviously, he was a bad recruit, right?
What did you predict the last two seasons ..

you really think there’s no difference from hiring lambert now and IF WE HAD HIRED SOMEONE LIKE LAMBERT A YEAR AGO? Really man?

Like I said.. schools between us and there. Where is Ohio state, penn state, Michigan on that list ? Also.. there is a difference between an offer and “you’re our guy.”

if, instead of being who he was.. he didn’t have the issues… I bet we don’t get him.

We have more than two. Did you think we don't?

All of them presumably want to be the lead guy in a one-back offense, and when they see that is not happening, some may go elsewhere. Seems pretty simple
Two guys of the general quality of horvath and doerue .. not 175 lb guys who just got here man

you really think there’s no difference from hiring lambert now and IF WE HAD HIRED SOMEONE LIKE LAMBERT A YEAR AGO? Really man?

Like I said.. schools between us and there. Where is Ohio state, penn state, Michigan on that list ? Also.. there is a difference between an offer and “you’re our guy.”

if, instead of being who he was.. he didn’t have the issues… I bet we don’t get him.
Michigan IS on the list. So is Notre Dame. So is LSU and bunch of other SEC schools. Yes, he clearly sucked…..

Reactions: Indy_Rider and BBG

Lambert wasn’t available a year ago. Brohm made a mistake and quickly corrected it.

It seems like you just like to argue on here for the sake of arguing. It’s really getting old.

Michigan IS on the list. So is Notre Dame. So is LSU and bunch of other SEC schools. Yes, he clearly sucked…..
Lol you think I’m saying he couldn’t play football? Sometimes that’s the case.. where a guy is massively overrated or like Faucheux rated at a different position than what he came here for.

he clearly had off the field issues. That was the case here. If he didn’t and was David bell off the field.. I’d be willing to bet that one of those great programs would have grabbed him before us.

unless you think that if we REALLY want a kid AND LSU really wants a kid.. we get that kid..

Do you believe that?

And BTW, schools like OSU and PSU usually get their pick of high 4* and 5* RBs. Their back-ups are better than most P5 starters.

Lambert wasn’t available a year ago. Brohm made a mistake and quickly corrected it.

It seems like you just like to argue on here for the sake of arguing. It’s really getting old.
I said someone like lambert..

no the problem is you’re the kind of guy who thinks that hiring a coach like lambert and hiring a terrible coach like Diaco THEN hiring lambert is the same. It’s not. One sets you back more than the other.

additionally no… the problem is you can’t tolerate someone not thinking what you think. There are only two kinds of proper to a guy like you.. awesome people who agree with you and terrible people who don’t.

And BTW, schools like OSU and PSU usually get their pick of high 4* and 5* RBs. Their back-ups are better than most P5 starters.
Just like not hiring bob Diaco is a skill.. some schools have the skill of knowing enough about these kids to avoid the bad apples on the bottom end of their talent spectrum

I said someone like lambert..

no the problem is you’re the kind of guy who thinks that hiring a coach like lambert and hiring a terrible coach like Diaco THEN hiring lambert is the same. It’s not. One sets you back more than the other.

additionally no… the problem is you can’t tolerate someone not thinking what you think. There are only two kinds of proper to a guy like you.. awesome people who agree with you and terrible people who don’t.
You know everything - just ask you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT