ADVERTISEMENT

IU Star says CFB fell in love with Rev Coach Leo and his message of love...

Pretty clear they were blowing that sunshine into a place where the sun don't shine when they wrote that "college football fell in love" with the loosiers, Rev. Coach Leo and his message of love.
Why the surprise? The IU Star is staffed by attendees of the IU School of Urinalism.

Reactions: Riveting
Problem? How are these people wrong? One day I’m hoping this will start to make some of you as mad (that this happened) as the 2004 bucket game made them

Problem? How are these people wrong? One day I’m hoping this will start to make some of you as mad (that this happened) as the 2004 bucket game made them
Coach LEO ain’t all that. 0-3 in bowls. 1-2 vs Brohm. 1 win against a team that ended the season with a winning record (Wisky last year - they were a Covid-depleted team when IU played them. Missing multiple starters including Graham Mertz).

IU fans are acting like last season is the way it’s going to be every year going forward (beat UM, beat PSU, beat Wisky). All three of those teams were bad according to their recent historical standards.

You think college football fell in love with the loosiers and Rev. Coach Leo?

You think college football fell in love with the loosiers and Rev. Coach Leo?
No I think they’ve turned the tables on us, are playing at a much higher level .. and in fact I didn’t see a weak link on their defense the last time we played. Ours has had 2-3+ per year that opposing coaches can be like “we are gonna make that guy on Saturday.”

they’re recruiting better and they understand that most everyone in the big ten is not in a position to worry about strength of schedule. They play in January bowls where no one gives a flying F about their schedule. We have losing records and cry about brownie points for doing a hard thing we didn’t have to do.

im friggin wondering when some of you are gonna come to terms with it and demand at least what they are doing

Instead of us having 2 or more players on each side of the ball that opposing coaches can exploit … at which point I’m sure I’ll be hearing about hazell in year 5.. and having people act like the real problem isn’t us having an OL who can’t get push against nevada for a yard ever .. but rather people like me and pat for pointing that out.

I know I know, when someone on the field can’t play, if I just don’t point that out, then we go to a bowl game lol

Reactions: LoyalHoosier
Thanks for making my point. When I first started visiting this board, it was taken as absolute certainty that IU had a high school coach who would fail, and that Purdue had a rising genius who would right the wrongs of the Hazell era. That Purdue was fated to be much better than IU and that it was laughable for IU fans think otherwise, etc. It's so much easier to deflect with you're "insecure" or "wear clown pants" than deal with the changing reality.
....rent free....

Coach LEO ain’t all that. 0-3 in bowls. 1-2 vs Brohm. 1 win against a team that ended the season with a winning record (Wisky last year - they were a Covid-depleted team when IU played them. Missing multiple starters including Graham Mertz).

IU fans are acting like last season is the way it’s going to be every year going forward (beat UM, beat PSU, beat Wisky). All three of those teams were bad according to their recent historical standards.
I predicted 5-7 two years ago and 3-5 last year. This year I’m predicting 5-7.

so that we can establish the merits of you commenting on how every year is or isn’t going to be, what did you predict?

and I don’t like this but if the athletic department coaches and even fans don’t come to terms with it and act like we better do something, it is how it will be. Unless you think that IU showed the prior level of urgency in 1997? They did not ..

Wait, maybe you meant you didn't see a weak "link" because the entire defense was weak? Otherwise, your comment makes no sense.

Reactions: BBG
What?? Horvath ran all over and through them. We got 45 points with a 4th string qb.

You didn't see any of that?
I think we had a really good offense by the end of the year. Our OL was coming together, O’Connell was producing and our skill players were playing well. We weren’t scoring 41 because we had some average player making an IU defender look like a Mac talent. David bell was demanding a lot of attention from their defense and it was opening other things up. Brycen Hopkins was playing at the top of his game. That would be like if we had 11 big ten caliber starters out there, but Michigan was making us focus so much on braylon Edwards that a running back had a huge day.

I was comparing their defense to ours. Also, it was a shoot out that we lost. I remember when we used to beat them 63-24.. where we had 63, and instead of them still having enough to win, get this.. they had 24…

a lot of you guys have your head in the sand and aren’t dealing with the fact that this is a very critical time for this program and I there are still more questions than answers ..

If we had

Phillips
Terrill
Grover
Nesfield
Johnson
Koutouvides
Gardner
Reeves
Schweigert
Pollard
Rogers

do you think we give up 44? Cause I’m looking at that lineup and I don’t know who opposing coaches pick on.

our offense was good. Better than IUs. But in 2019 we started two players on defense that would have played on that defense .. George karlaftis and Derrick Barnes

I predicted 5-7 two years ago and 3-5 last year. This year I’m predicting 5-7.

so that we can establish the merits of you commenting on how every year is or isn’t going to be, what did you predict?

and I don’t like this but if the athletic department coaches and even fans don’t come to terms with it and act like we better do something, it is how it will be. Unless you think that IU showed the prior level of urgency in 1997? They did not ..
Predicting for IU or Purdue?

Wait, maybe you meant you didn't see a weak "link" because the entire defense was weak? Otherwise, your comment makes no sense.
Dude keep rah rahing it. Our offense was the best it has been since the Ohio state game. If we had come out against a really solid Iowa team with the team we brought PLUS Brycen Hopkins and with anthrop swapped for the non slot receiver Amad Anderson, we might have gotten 41 against them too.

IU scoring 44 on us was an offense that wasn’t that great picking on a lot of guys who weren’t big ten caliber starters

two very different things .. IU has had some nice athletes on their defense the last couple years. Will explosive offenses still score a lot in shoot outs? Sure

Predicting for IU or Purdue?
Purdue.. what did you predict the last couple of years. Because every year after we just got done sucking the previous year, I see you acting like improvement is coming .. and I’ve seen one year where it did.. since Danny Hope went little caesars on us

other than 2017, I really don’t know who would definitely beat the 09 Boilers or not get beat by the 07 boilers since those two teams played. And neither was much of anything to write home about. The last time we had a full season where I thought we could take on anyone on our schedule was 03.

Purdue.. what did you predict the last couple of years. Because every year after we just got done sucking the previous year, I see you acting like improvement is coming .. and I’ve seen one year where it did.. since Danny Hope went little caesars on us

other than 2017, I really don’t know who would definitely beat the 09 Boilers or not get beat by the 07 boilers since those two teams played. And neither was much of anything to write home about. The last time we had a full season where I thought we could take on anyone on our schedule was 03.
This is just wrong on so many levels. Hope was an “ok” coach who beat OSU twice, Michigan at Michigan, and won a bowl against a MAC team (barely). He got thrashed by every good team he coached against just about. The only really good team he beat was OSU with Tressel and maybe Iowa before he was fired. OSU in 2011 wasn’t good and beating DickRod is no great s Do you remember the scores Wisky ran up on him, for instance?

Outside of the Liberty Bowl debacle vs, Auburn and perhaps the snow bowl game at Minnesota, Brohm’s teams have been competitive in every game. He’s lost some games he shouldn’t have, so did Danny boy.

Our offense was more talented in 2018 and 2019 (before Rondale and Sindelar got hurt) than any Hope ever had.

Our defense and OL will be better this year. Our team will have its best year since 2017 in my honest opinion. We’re older and deeper perhaps than any year in Brohm’s tenure.

I predict Purdue will go 8-5 with a bowl win this season.

This is just wrong on so many levels. Hope was an “ok” coach who beat OSU twice, Michigan at Michigan, and won a bowl against a MAC team (barely). He got thrashed by every good team he coached against just about. The only really good team he beat was OSU with Tressel and maybe Iowa before he was fired. OSU in 2011 wasn’t good and beating DickRod is no great s Do you remember the scores Wisky ran up on him, for instance?

Outside of the Liberty Bowl debacle vs, Auburn and perhaps the snow bowl game at Minnesota, Brohm’s teams have been competitive in every game. He’s lost some games he shouldn’t have, so did Danny boy.

Our offense was more talented in 2018 and 2019 (before Rondale and Sindelar got hurt) than any Hope ever had.

Our defense and OL will be better this year. Our team will have its best year since 2017 in my honest opinion. We’re older and deeper perhaps than any year in Brohm’s tenure.
Okay but we were 4-8 then 2-4. My point was that we improved in 2017 from the previous season. That was the first time since Danny hope went to a bowl game.. that we were better than we were the year.

and yet here you are always acting like we are destined to be better than the year before.

I predict Purdue will go 8-5 with a bowl win this season.
What did you predict the last two seasons? I predicted 5-7 and 3-5. If Indiana goes to a January bowl this year and beats us and we go 5-7 this year and the cycle might last for a while

Okay but we were 4-8 then 2-4. My point was that we improved in 2017 from the previous season. That was the first time since Danny hope went to a bowl game.. that we were better than we were the year.

and yet here you are always acting like we are destined to be better than the year before.
You don’t think getting rid of Diaco, et al, and replacing them with Brad Lambert, Ron English, and Hagen is an upgrade? If not, I don’t know what to tell you. Also, hopefully getting Covid behind us should make things better too, no?

You don’t think getting rid of Diaco, et al, and replacing them with Brad Lambert, Ron English, and Hagen is an upgrade? If not, I don’t know what to tell you. Also, hopefully getting Covid behind us should make things better too, no?
You don’t think it can be an upgrade without there being too many questions to answer by august? Of course it’s an upgrade. Diaco sucked. Other people like to play this game where every time we get into a season and we are bad NEXT year we will be really good. But they don’t say that until we are already doing poorly.

I’m flat out telling you that 2022 will be a winning season for Purdue. But 2021 might still be a 5-7 team.

they have a lot of questions to answer:

> depth on OL
> Depth at RB
> Can either O’Connell run faster than me or Plummer make faster decisions and play more smoothly
> can Sheffield add explosiveness to the slot while also playing fluid football in rhythm
> who are our DTs
> who is our safety opposite Allen (if grant can play, play solid football and stay healthy, GREAT.. ive seen no evidence yet that that WILL happen)
> other than Alexander who are our go to linebackers, and will Alexander even be that good.
> other than trice who is going to play well at corner

now, if they have a so so answer to ALL of those questions and a good answer to a few of them, then yes this team COULD be 8-5. However, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen Purdue football answer their questions from the previous season well.

based on the number of questions I think we will answer by the fall, I’m going with 5-7. However, if they prove it I’ll be the first one to say “I was wrong, well done.”

either way, we better start answering our friggin questions dude.. because IU has been answering theirs quite well for a while now.

By the way you still haven’t told me what you predicted the past two seasons .. because I know it wasn’t 5-7 and 3-5

By the way don’t get me wrong if we have 22 solid starters and there are no weak links we could be a dangerous team. I Haven’t seen that since 03

By the way don’t get me wrong if we have 22 solid starters and there are no weak links we could be a dangerous team. I Haven’t seen that since 03
Do you think there is a chance we will have no weak links on defense, just like that stout loosier defense of 2019 that held us with our 4th string qb and no Rondale to 41 points ?

Rah rah, "dude".

Do you think there is a chance we will have no weak links on defense, just like that stout loosier defense of 2019 that held us with our 4th string qb and no Rondale to 41 points ?

Rah rah, "dude".
I stand by what I said. I didn’t see 44 or 38 out there for them. I thought even without rondale we had a really good offense and IU got 41 scored on them by a good offense. Additionally.. although I thought their bottom end was good, the only thing they had on the top end to me was Mullen

now, I didn’t think IUs offense was really that good at all. They got 44 because we had guys that any big ten team could pick on.

The Indy Star should blow sunshine on the Indiana program. Indiana is in the best position it's been in since the 80s.

Indiana has beaten Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Nebraska and others the last few years. That's a who's who of college football.....

On top of that, they've played in back to back January bowl games. They are recruiting at a strong level, looking to lock up several more 4* in-state players sooner than later. Lots and lots to like about the program that Tom Allen is building in Bloomington.

Did you just say Michigan State and Nebraska are the who’s who of college football?!

Rah rah, "dude".
By the way genius Indiana had the 45th ranked defense in the nation that year. We were 87th right behind eastern Michigan and coastal Carolina. So despite me not seeing a 44 or 38 out there for IU, which is all I was saying, yes, a good defense got 41 dropped on them by an offense that was beginning to play really well.

and I believe they were the 45th ranked defense in the nation because they had no weak links. But they also didn’t have many stars. Just Mullen comes to mind as a player who was playing like the karlaftis, Kerrigan, schweigert, Phillips type talents

Rah rah, "dude".
Additionally when I say starting to play really well, Purdue had just played northwestern, the 43rd ranked defense in the nation and only gotten 24 points. In two weeks they were able to add 14 to that in regulation against the 45th ranked defense because they were really starting to click as an offense.

Reactions: Chicaco1908
Additionally when I say starting to play really well, Purdue had just played northwestern, the 43rd ranked defense in the nation and only gotten 24 points. In two weeks they were able to add 14 to that in regulation against the 45th ranked defense because they were really starting to click as an offense.
Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Reactions: Indy_Rider and BBG
Actually, I take back my IU win prediction in the B1G this year. They may beat Maryland.

I don’t care what you think… Iu could win the national championship and at could go 0-12 and you’d be like “it’s fine”
You sure spent a lot of time trying to explain your seemingly absurd statement to someone who you don't care what he thinks.

Anyway, "it's fine" if you want to do that. Rah rah and all that.

I prefer AD, by the way.

Reactions: BBG
You sure spent a lot of time trying to explain your seemingly absurd statement to someone who you don't care what he thinks.

Anyway, "it's fine" if you want to do that. Rah rah and all that.

I prefer AD, by the way.
The place is a good way to pass time on the toilet.

my point is, I’d like to go back to beating IU all the time. I’m waiting to see what has to happen to make a lot of people who think this is fine to say “you know what? IU is good, we should have been performing better than them. This is not fine.”

IU understands scheduling .. and while they go to January bowls and NOBODY asks them about their schedules, guys like you are over here fighting the tougher schedule battle for no reason.

my point is, I’d like to go back to beating IU all the time. I’m waiting to see what has to happen to make a lot of people who think this is fine to say “you know what? IU is good, we should have been performing better than them. This is not fine.”

IU understands scheduling .. and while they go to January bowls and NOBODY asks them about their schedules, guys like you are over here fighting the tougher schedule battle for no reason.
The place?

I don't recall fighting the schedule battle, but whatevs. All in good fun while we wait out the dog daze. Boiler UP

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

Brohm is 2-1 vs IU and Coach LEO. The game he lost in 2019 was 44-41 in 2OT with a highly-injured team.

You make it sound like Brohm is 0-3 vs IU and Coach LEO.

Also, I want Purdue to win routinely. I’d like to see Purdue in contention for and winning BIG West titles to start because that portends even bigger games to follow. Beating IU like Tiller did (10-2) would be superb. Regardless, Purdue wins almost 2/3 games vs IU historically. And Brohm has won 2/3 games vs IU so far……

Reactions: BBG and Indy_Rider
Brohm is 2-1 vs IU and Coach LEO. The game he lost in 2019 was 44-41 in 2OT with a highly-injured team.

You make it sound like Brohm is 0-3 vs IU and Coach LEO.

Also, I want Purdue to win routinely. I’d like to see Purdue in contention for and winning BIG West titles to start because that portends even bigger games to follow. Beating IU like Tiller did (10-2) would be superb. Regardless, Purdue wins almost 2/3 games vs IU historically. And Brohm has won 2/3 games vs IU so far……
What did you predict the last two seasons?

I don’t dispute what you say. I’m concerned with how IU is doing vs the nation.. vs how we are doing. I’ll go 1-2 the next three years vs IU if it means winning records, January bowls and good recruiting.

What did you predict the last two seasons?

I don’t dispute what you say. I’m concerned with how IU is doing vs the nation.. vs how we are doing. I’ll go 1-2 the next three years vs IU if it means winning records, January bowls and good recruiting.
I don’t remember and personally I don’t think it’s pertinent anymore. I’m sure it was better than we finished because I try to look at things from a positive, glass half-full view rather than some Knuckleheads’ chicken little view of things. Could not have predicted the level of injuries in 2019 and how the whole Covid plague impacted last season. I was also somewhat gobsmacked at how much of a cancer Diaco ended up being.

I don’t remember and personally I don’t think it’s pertinent anymore. I’m sure it was better than we finished because I try to look at things from a positive, glass half-full view rather than some Knuckleheads’ chicken little view of things. Could not have predicted the level of injuries in 2019 and how the whole Covid plague impacted last season. I was also somewhat gobsmacked at how much of a cancer Diaco ended up being.
I try to look at things from a realistic point of view. Whatever that means. I predicted 5-7 because that’s what we looked like to in 2019.

we were in I think the 2nd week of the season and I realized that I realized way too late how bad Diaco was gonna be.. his hiring is probably the reason for last year and for us not being as good as we should have been this year.

I really hope I’m wrong and you’re right and we go 8-4. It would be nice.

I try to look at things from a realistic point of view. Whatever that means. I predicted 5-7 because that’s what we looked like to in 2019.

we were in I think the 2nd week of the season and I realized that I realized way too late how bad Diaco was gonna be.. his hiring is probably the reason for last year and for us not being as good as we should have been this year.

I really hope I’m wrong and you’re right and we go 8-4. It would be nice.
I said 8-5 with a bowl win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT