ADVERTISEMENT

IU Star says CFB fell in love with Rev Coach Leo and his message of love...

He has been a very good salesman and taken advantage of the opportunity when teams have been down. And let’s not forget the big step he took last year when Wisconsin finished well enough to give him his first win against a team that finished above .500.

Reactions: Sophie1970
That point is ALWAYS overlooked. IU beat one team above .500 in two (maybe more as I didn't look it up) years, plays a weak non-conference schedule, then goes on to lose two bowl games.

I can appreciate their fan base being jacked up and supportive but for any media organization worth their weight they should do some darn6 reporting.

That point is ALWAYS overlooked. IU beat one team above .500 in two (maybe more as I didn't look it up) years, plays a weak non-conference schedule, then goes on to lose two bowl games.

I can appreciate their fan base being jacked up and supportive but for any media organization worth their weight they should do some darn6 reporting.
Logical, rational discussion isn't a part of that conversation.

He plays Cincinnati and Western Kentucky in non conference this year. one top 10 team another projected bowl team.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
It should be interesting to see how Indianas season unfolds since they open at Iowa and play Cincy at IU in their third game.

Does Allen have to pay Pete Carroll royalties for LEO or did he change it enough from Love Your Brothers (LOB)?

Your non-schedule is pud. Notre Dame > Cinci. Oregon State > WKU. UCONN > whomever
Purdue's non-conf. schedule is likely tougher* but that wasn't the point. The point is that IU's non-conf. schedule is not just cupcakes this year.

*ND hosts Cinci so we'll find out if you're correct on that one. Whether Oregon State is better than WKU is debatable as is whether UConn is better than whomever (in this case Idaho). UConn is absolutely terrible. To be clear, I'm not criticizing Purdue for playing UConn. Just noting that it's a really bad football team.

Purdue's non-conf. schedule is likely tougher* but that wasn't the point. The point is that IU's non-conf. schedule is not just cupcakes this year.

*ND hosts Cinci so we'll find out if you're correct on that one. Whether Oregon State is better than WKU is debatable as is whether UConn is better than whomever (in this case Idaho). UConn is absolutely terrible. To be clear, I'm not criticizing Purdue for playing UConn. Just noting that it's a really bad football team.
So is Idaho. ND will beat Cinci but I think Cinci beats IU. BTW, I think ND beats Purdue too.

Wha....?? Oregon State... WKU???

Dude. Nobody but you believes WKU will be better than Oregon State this year.

If I were you, I'd stay away from a p*ssing contest about strength of schedule... at all cost.

If I were you, I'd stay away from a p*ssing contest about strength of schedule... at all cost.
They can't. They clearly need our acceptance badly and will do whatever it takes to get it.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
2019: UCONN, Eastern IL, Ball State
2018: FL International, Virginia, Ball State
2017: Georgia Southern, Virginia, Charleston Southern, FL International
2016: FL International, Ball State, Wake Forest

They have a pud schedule in non-conference basically every year.

The Hoosiers shut out that Charleston Southern team on a rainy day when CS didnt complete a pass .Not one.

The Hoosiers shut out that Charleston Southern team on a rainy day when CS didnt complete a pass .Not one.
Charleston Southern was an added game as their game against Florida International was cancelled due to a hurricane. IU that year played #2 Ohio State, #4 Penn State, #5 Wisconsin, #14 Michigan, and #17 Michigan State and despite playing Charleston Southern still ended up playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.

When IU plays in January bowl games.. no one cares about their soft preseason schedule except us. The gimmicky pitch boys at Nebraska made a living off of playing a soft schedule …

the big ten is hard enough. With BTN money, the need for bid preseason gates is greatly diminished. Why we continue to have preseasons that look like 2021 as opposed to 2022 is beyond me

Reactions: DAG10
Charleston Southern was an added game as their game against Florida International was cancelled due to a hurricane. IU that year played #2 Ohio State, #4 Penn State, #5 Wisconsin, #14 Michigan, and #17 Michigan State and despite playing Charleston Southern still ended up playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.
How was their record that year?

I do recall that Florida International couldnt make it to Bloomington because of the hurricane.I just wondered out loud about how many teams this century have played a game without completing a pass.

You make a good point.Until these guys actually play at the college level,we wont know how good they truly are.

Reactions: Purdue85
Hate to burst the bubble here but theres this as of the 25th of this month.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/614/450/10450614.png

And the fact that when you look up the quality of recruits committed IU ranks 4th in the conference while purdue just out does illinois for last in the conference. Lets face it... Its gonna take along a$$ time for you all to catch up again. The last IU commit had 10 other P5 offers including auburn...ohhh damn sorry to bring that up...did they score again?
10450614.png

Reactions: 76-1 and HoosierJmb

And the fact that when you look up the quality of recruits committed IU ranks 4th in the conference while purdue just out does illinois for last in the conference. Lets face it... Its gonna take along a$$ time for you all to catch up again. The last IU commit had 10 other P5 offers including auburn...ohhh damn sorry to bring that up...did they score again?
10450614.png
Of course you’d cite 247 Sports, on which Purdue has a small presence. IU’s 247 media are cheerleaders for the program and juice up the ratings of every recruit IU gets.

IU got verbals from your new RB Coach’s son (I’m sure that was a hard sell job) as well as CB Mullen’s brother from Florida. IU’s other recruits are generally the equivalent of 3*s.

By the way, your data is out-of-date. Purdue has 11 commitments now, not 7.

I'm really not the least bit interested in a p*ssing contest about strength of schedule. I'll happily admit I don't know much about Oregon State (other than it was 2-5 a year ago), or WKU (which was 5-7). I'm happy to concede the point that Purdue's non conf. schedule looks to be more difficult. Congratulations!

I'm really not the least bit interested in a p*ssing contest about strength of schedule. I'll happily admit I don't know much about Oregon State (other than it was 2-5 a year ago), or WKU (which was 5-7). I'm happy to concede the point that Purdue's non conf. schedule looks to be more difficult. Congratulations!
Do you know if Jared, IU's most famous alum, is a fan of Rev. Coach Leo? I bet he is.

Reactions: Level 42

10450614.png

Some things never change. Still desperately in need of validation.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
No congratulations needed. The attempt to compare Oregon State to WKU was idiotic.

No congratulations needed. The attempt to compare Oregon State to WKU was idiotic.
Us simpletons often do idiotic things. Thanks for the valuable education and again, mazel tov on your decidedly stronger non- conf. schedule!

Funny enough the WKU series was agreed to following the 2014 season, Jeff Brohm’s first year as HC there. The final game of the 3 game series is scheduled for 2029 lol

Us simpletons often do idiotic things. Thanks for the valuable education and again, mazel tov on your decidedly stronger non- conf. schedule!
Mmmmkay. If you think you're a "simpleton", so be it.

I don't care about the p*ssing match you started, re the stronger schedule.

It's just abundantly clear, to suggest WKU>Oregon St is just idiotic. Continue this if you like. I'll be here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT