ADVERTISEMENT

IU Star says CFB fell in love with Rev Coach Leo and his message of love...

I know.. and td and everyone else over there didn’t wanna talk about it.. now they wanna talk about it. If we make a come back and are much better again, td will go into hiding
Tiller absolutely owned IU and the gulf between the programs was enormous during most of his tenure. There's no denying it.

Reactions: BBG
Can't speak to that but anyone who didn't recognize that reality was in denial.
You may be different from that group so don’t take it personal.

I don’t mind giving you all credit what’s the point of the rivalry if .. when the other side does well you deny them all credit.

but that is what it was like there at that time. If any of us posted like td75 gone immediately.. and If it was an innocuous post it might stick around with replies mocking the 9-3 03 boilers for being a “middle of the road big ten team”

It was a devastating loss for purdue...get out of denial!!!!
I wouldn’t say it was devastating but it was an ass kicking. Just wait for IU’s FB season if you want to see devastating losses. They’ll be lucky to win 3-4 games.

You didn’t ask. “Are you saying collectively, that the fan base needs to be this way?” Yes, I am..

But here’s what ironically always happens. I’ll say this now and a rah rah guy like you will be all but hurt. THEN.. if IU routes us and has a better season, half the people who were predicting big things will lose their mind and their discontent will surge way past mine.

when we have a bad season you can usually pick out the angriest people .. just go back and see who was predicting 8-4+. Half of them make me sound like a sunshine pusher by years end
IU ain’t routing Purdue this year. They’ll realize 2020 was a pandemic year.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Basing it on their schedule for 2021.
First I was amazed that this thread is still going, then I noticed it is constantly being bumped by an iu fan pretending to be a Boiler so then was no longer surprised.

The fact of the matter is the best season iu had in possibly decades was during a time where teams were decimated with players being out due to a COVID. Fact. Then they still have their current streak of the worst bowl record in CFB history.

We were not good the last couple years and no one is denying that, but when you need a pandemic just to be mediocre as BBG pointed out, you are not the second coming of Alabama that the iu posters here claim to be.

We had some glaring holes we needed to fix which have been addressed and while we likely will not see immediate impacts, we still are trending up while iu has shot their wad and as things return to normal, will fall back to reality.

Last edited:
First I was amazed that this thread is still going, then I noticed it is constantly being bumped by an iu fan pretending to be a Boiler so then was no longer surprised.

The fact of the matter is the best season iu had in possibly decades was during a time where teams were decimated with players being out due to a COVID. Fact. Then they still have their current streak of the worst bowl record in CFB history.

We were not good the last couple years and no one is denying that, but when you need a pandemic just to be mediocre as BBG pointed out, you are not the second coming of Alabama that the iu posters here claim to be.

We had some glaring holes we needed to fix which have been addressed and while we likely will not see immediate impacts, we still are trending up while iu has shot their wad and as things return to normal, will fall back to reality.
Lol really? I don’t think being realistic makes you an IU fan. If IU was 2-4 and 4-8 and we went to two January bowls, and they were over here talking I’d be saying the same thing to them

Lol really? I don’t think being realistic makes you an IU fan. If IU was 2-4 and 4-8 and we went to two January bowls, and they were over here talking I’d be saying the same thing to them
na your posting history is what tips us off and it's utter lack of realism. You slober all over iu constantly yet take none of the actual events or facts in to account. Just like an iu fan would.

edit: And what is also telling, is you felt my post singled you out yet I didn't name anyone by names nor responded to you directly. If it didn't apply to you, then why did it trigger you so?

Reactions: Sophie1970
Just publish your book of posting rules man.. so I could try to improve lol ..
Top 5 from my observation:

1. Live in the past. 40 years ago is more relevant than last season. Current day is too scary. Stick to the past.
2. Purdue's injuries are reasonable for "analysis" but ignore other team's injuries. That is NOT part of the analysis.
3. Jeff Brohm has never done anything wrong ever
4. Brag about non-conference strength of schedule as if it matters. Later, use it as an excuse if expectations aren't met (but call it "analysis")
5. When losing an argument just "vaguely" start putting "words" into "quotes" and circle back to point 1.

1. Live in the past. 40 years ago is more relevant than last season. Current day is too scary. Stick to the past.
2. Purdue's injuries are reasonable for "analysis" but ignore other team's injuries. That is NOT part of the analysis.
4. Brag about non-conference strength of schedule as if it matters. Later, use it as an excuse if expectations aren't met (but call it "analysis")
5. When losing an argument just "vaguely" start putting "words" into "quotes" and circle back to point 1.
You continue to seek validation where there is none.

not a good look, dude.

So you are saying we should follow the IU basketball playbook?

na your posting history is what tips us off and it's utter lack of realism. You slober all over iu constantly yet take none of the actual events or facts in to account. Just like an iu fan would.

edit: And what is also telling, is you felt my post singled you out yet I didn't name anyone by names nor responded to you directly. If it didn't apply to you, then why did it trigger you so?
It didn’t “trigger” me.. it’s not the first time I’ve heard it. I’ll be jumping up and down cheering on Purdue this year.

when I first began posting on KC, if you were as optimistic as some here, people like Davek would be quick to tell you all about why you needed to be realistic.

years later .. if you simply look at reality, you’re terrible.

I think brohm will do well and right the ship.. i just don’t think it will be this year.. rather 2022

My big question to you guys is when the tables turn (and they always do in this rivalry) will you give as much credit as I have given you? I know td will be nowhere to be found

My big question to you guys is when the tables turn (and they always do in this rivalry) will you give as much credit as I have given you? I know td will be nowhere to be found
Go back and see what I was posting in 2017/2018. Yes. No reason to be delusional about college sports or dislike people over what college football team they cheer for. I like talking Purdue football. Half my family went there (other half to IU, myself to neither), I want Purdue football to be good. I get along with every sane person on this board.

I certainly can't speak for all of the IU fans here, obviously, and there are some whackos, but I really haven't ever posted anything delusional on here, just realistic takes- some positive, some negative. The sunshine pumpers can't stand that.

Reactions: boiler1987
the last thing any of us need is validation from iu fans. I mean you do understand you are on a Purdue forum right? I shouldn't have to point that out, but you obsessive iu fans might forget.
seriously man, stop responding to every post of mine looking for validation. it clogs the thread. stick to the topic at hand, which in this case is IU football and the Indianapolis Star.

Go back and see what I was posting in 2017/2018. Yes. No reason to be delusional about college sports or dislike people over what college football team they cheer for. I like talking Purdue football. Half my family went there (other half to IU, myself to neither), I want Purdue football to be good. I get along with every sane person on this board.

I certainly can't speak for all of the IU fans here, obviously, and there are some whackos, but I really haven't ever posted anything delusional on here, just realistic takes- some positive, some negative. The sunshine pumpers can't stand that.

I can vouch for @wakeman2626. He’s level-headed and can have rational discussion for sure.

Reactions: wakeman2626

"sunshine pumpers"

yeah, that's reasonable.

You might have a history of some reasonable posts, but your track record isn't too good lately. B*tchin' about posts on this forum, nit picking on numerous issues, complaining about "analysis".

I generally don't have a problem with IU fans, until they come here and behave as you have lately.

Show respect, get respect. I've visited the IU forum from time-to-time and would never think of posting the nonsense we've seen from you lately.

My $.02.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Lambert wasn’t available a year ago. Brohm made a mistake and quickly corrected it.

It seems like you just like to argue on here for the sake of arguing. It’s really getting old.

That's what he does, it's why he has had to constantly get a new handle when he gets banned for being an ass after a few months.

I guess I don’t understand the insistence iu is good and will be good this year. Does Allen get his players to play hard and overachieve? Yes. But to say they are good is an overstatement. If Penix can play a full healthy season, maybe but he has never done it. Their last 5 recruiting classes averaged 10.8 in big ten rankings they just don’t have the talent to be an elite team in the big ten. It is rare to see a magical team like last year be sustainable.

I guess I don’t understand the insistence iu is good and will be good this year.
It's called 'delusion'. They had a mediocre year during a time when most if not all of the teams in college football were either missing a ton of players, or they outright forfeited games. And with that, they think they are better than Alabama and are here needing our acceptance as such.

Rational conversation? With who? He has yet to show that here.
The fact that you are calling IU's season "mediocre" proves you wouldn't recognize rational conversation if it hit you over the head. As my good friend Purdue85 preaches (but does not practice) "Show respect, get respect." They had a .750 win % despite playing a P5-only schedule. Purdue hasn't done that since 1997. They finished #12 in the AP Poll. Purdue hasn't done that since 1979. Just be real about it and maybe you will find yourself in more rational convos.

The fact that you are calling IU's season "mediocre" proves you wouldn't recognize rational conversation if it hit you over the head.
Yeah what was I thinking using real circumstances to make my point! The fact that you somehow think last season makes iu the second coming of Alabama, proves you wouldn't recognize a rational conversation if it was sitting on your face. You're just another clown in clown pants here on our forum craving our acceptance and approval and nothing more.

The fact that you are calling IU's season "mediocre" proves you wouldn't recognize rational conversation if it hit you over the head. As my good friend Purdue85 preaches (but does not practice) "Show respect, get respect." They had a .750 win % despite playing a P5-only schedule. Purdue hasn't done that since 1997. They finished #12 in the AP Poll. Purdue hasn't done that since 1979. Just be real about it and maybe you will find yourself in more rational convos.
You guys haven’t won a bowl game since 1991 - 30 years. You haven’t gone to the Rose Bowl since 1967 - and you lost that game. You guys played a Covid-shortened schedule last season against a number of teams with players out. You guys basically lost to PSU. The 2-pt conversion should not have counted. All PSU had to do was take a knee and you would have lost in regulation.

Have IU go 9-3 this year and win a bowl game and maybe you’ll get some respect. I suspect your brittle QB will get hurt again this season (4/4). I think PSU and UM will be out for blood this season against IU.

Reactions: Level 42
Oh, my... you *STILL* don't get it!

You don't come here preaching, b*tching, whining and moaning about people, and what they post about IU on a Purdue forum. If you want to be treated properly, you need to show respect first. THAT is the point about "show respect, get respect".

For you to whine about "rational convos" is rich.

Again, you have ZERO self-awareness.

(edited)

You guys basically lost to PSU. The 2-pt conversion should not have counted. All PSU had to do was take a knee and you would have lost in regulation.
Like your other irrational brethren (we all know the crew), you need to live in reality if you want to have a rational discussion. They beat PSU. The 2-pt conversion counted. PSU didn't take a knee. Accept it.

Time will tell on 2021.. opinions on the future are opinions. But to deny reality of what has transpired already is, by definition, irrational. As is making things up like your brethren Level 42 likes to do. I would love for him to point out where I called IU the 2nd coming of Bama or even inferred such.

you need to live in reality
Something you clearly aren't doing. How about you just stay on your board where you can swim in your delusions of grandeur of last year that never were there? We get it, you need our approval and acceptance but it isn't coming.

• Haha
Reactions: wakeman2626
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT