ADVERTISEMENT

IU Recruiting

Pretrial order of CT. 1 Class A misdemeanor which is normal, CT. 2 dismissed. 1 year probation, license suspended, treatment and no fines plus 50 hrs of community service.
Close to the final outcome, which was even less than the pre-trial order:

Class C misdemeanor for "reckless driving at and unreasonable high or low speed." Felony resisting law enforcement dismissed. 60 day suspended sentence, unsupervised probation for a year. 50 hours community service.

Also ordered to trade in his Dodge Charger for a Smart Car ;)

Close to the final outcome, which was even less than the pre-trial order:

Class C misdemeanor for "reckless driving at and unreasonable high or low speed." Felony resisting law enforcement dismissed. 60 day suspended sentence, unsupervised probation for a year. 50 hours community service.

Also ordered to trade in his Dodge Charger for a Smart Car ;)
Nothing smart about this a-hole. I've seen his on-court antics.

I assume it will be the same as what Gillis - who was so drunk he mistook his credit card for a license - received?
He was suspended 4 games. He didn't resist arrest like X did. What's your story gonna be when we see one or two games from Woodson?

They are misdemeanor charges. It will settle. Yes, he will play.

Guessing it’ll be one of those “sit out two cupcake game” suspensions. You guys will have fun being horrified at the lack of consequences; good fodder for rivalry disgust, but an afterthought soon thereafter.
Bump

• Angry
Reactions: Riveting-
Are you serious here? Gillis driving hammered drunk is worse than Johnson going over the speed limit.

Johnson won’t get any suspension.
You can't be serious? He charged and convicted of a crime. He will receive something and if not, that's a complete joke.

My guess it's 2-4 games and wouldn't expect anything more.

No, because you play for a public university. So it becomes everyone's business. Just like pay.
Disagree. Pay is established as an open book at public universities. Internal basketball team discipline is not. I believe Coach Painter would very much agree with me on that point.

You can't be serious? He charged and convicted of a crime. He will receive something and if not, that's a complete joke.

My guess it's 2-4 games and wouldn't expect anything more.
He was convicted of reckless driving for going over the speed limit.

Based on everything we are hearing, he won’t be missing any games. His punishment came in the form of condition as well as loss of privileges.

He was driving recklessly on a city street. He could have killed someone just as easily as Gillis. Then he resisted arrest. WTF is wrong with you?
He was charged with resisting arrest because he didn’t pull over at a stop sign inside a private housing community after he was lit up by the police. The police report also said he was cooperative and had no alcohol. I imagine that’s why the resisting charge was dropped.

Unless you are proposing that he be held accountable for a charge that he was not convicted of, I cannot imagine why you’re so strongly still asserting that he resisted arrest.

He was driving recklessly on a city street. He could have killed someone just as easily as Gillis. Then he resisted arrest. WTF is wrong with you?
He did not resist arrest. That charge came when he switched seats with the other kid. He was not convicted of that charge. He was convicted of reckless driving for going 15 mph over the speed limit.

Gillis was pulled over after hitting a curb and running a stop sign. He wasn’t coherent enough to find his ID. He blew a .272. He was also underaged at the time. Don’t even try to compare the two.

Disagree. Pay is established as an open book at public universities. Internal basketball team discipline is not. I believe Coach Painter would very much agree with me on that point.
You really believe this is internal? This was in the news. Nothing about this is Internal!! This didn't happen Internally this happen in the public eye.

He was convicted of reckless driving for going over the speed limit.

Based on everything we are hearing, he won’t be missing any games. His punishment came in the form of condition as well as loss of privileges.
He was still convicted of a crime and the rest is meaningless.

He slips up and that plea deal is dead water. That's why he should be suspended. His actions were wrong and should be punished or to me it sets a horrible standard.

Reactions: purduepat1969
He was still convicted of a crime and the rest is meaningless.

He slips up and that plea deal is dead water. That's why he should be suspended. His actions were wrong and should be punished or to me it sets a horrible standard.
So anyone should be suspended for a speeding ticket because they were “convicted of a crime”? Okay, Karen.

You really believe this is internal? This was in the news. Nothing about this is Internal!! This didn't happen Internally this happen in the public eye.
I may not be speaking to the same point as you.

The courtroom stuff is very public. If he is suspended for games that will be public. If his punishment is mopping the stadium steps that he runs until he pukes that is not public.

He did not resist arrest. That charge came when he switched seats with the other kid. He was not convicted of that charge. He was convicted of reckless driving for going 15 mph over the speed limit.

Gillis was pulled over after hitting a curb and running a stop sign. He wasn’t coherent enough to find his ID. He blew a .272. He was also underaged at the time. Don’t even try to compare the two.
Also, didn't Woodson bench players for the Northwestern game for curfew? Curfew vs Misdemeanor are you serious?

Did he resist arrest and conceal evidence?

Reactions: DAG10
Also, didn't Woodson bench players for the Northwestern game for curfew? Curfew vs Misdemeanor are you serious?
Not even close to the same situation. One was the night before a game. The other in the middle of the off-season. Do you think Gillis’ punishment would have been more severe if he got that DUI the night before a game?
Did he resist arrest and conceal evidence?
Based on the convictions, no, he did not resist arrest or conceal evidence.

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy
Not even close to the same situation. One was the night before a game. The other in the middle of the off-season. Do you think Gillis’ punishment would have been more severe if he got that DUI the night before a game?

Didn't the police report say he did, but this was a plea agreement or some such cop out?

Didn't the police report say he did, but this was a plea agreement or some such cop out?
So he should be punished for something he wasn’t convicted of?

How many games was Trevion suspended for last year after drunkenly beating up that old woman at McDonalds last year?

So he should be punished for something he wasn’t convicted of?

How many games was Trevion suspended for last year after drunkenly beating up that old woman at McDonalds last year?
He should be strongly disciplined by his coach, exactly like Hendershot was not after choking a women.

I didn't know Trev beat up an old woman, but I rather doubt it because I think Painter would have kicked him off the team, and rightly so. Are you making that up?

He should be strongly disciplined by his coach, exactly like Hendershot was not after choking a women.

I didn't know Trev beat up an old woman, but I rather doubt it because I think Painter would have kicked him off the team, and rightly so. Are you making that up?

Not the first time Painter/Purdue has failed to lay the hammer. They knew Haas knowingly infected a girl with herpes prior to his Senior year, but he saw no suspension from it. Haas settled with the girl out of court in April (an admission of guilt).

But he absolutely did...that they chose to drop the charges as part of the plea do not mean that he did not.

You can (and have...and will) spin it however you wish, but, had it happened at Purdue, or, pretty much any other place for that matter, there would have been immediate action...that there was none at Indinia comes as no surprise at all, and, that there likely will not be, comes as even less of one.

I saw the video. Williams was drunk and refused to leave the store when he didn’t get his late night fries.

She was holding the door closed when he yanked it open and she went down as the door opened because she was holding onto the door.

He certainly didn’t “beat up an old woman” but is wasn’t a pretty episode.

However, Williams seems to be a good kid. I get it. Very different event, but to me similar to Xavier Johnson in severity.

The Hendershot thing? Much worse.
The Haas thing? Much worse.

Reactions: BSIT and Riveting-

Not the first time Painter/Purdue has failed to lay the hammer. They knew Haas knowingly infected a girl with herpes prior to his Senior year, but he saw no suspension from it. Haas settled with the girl out of court in April (an admission of guilt).
Sounds bad for Trev, but where is the part about beating up an old lady? Did you make that up to make it sound much worse than it was?

You can't assume he gave her or she gave him. That was a civil matter between 2 parties with no crime. Purdue was or isn't liable for those actions.

You can't assume he gave her or she gave him. That was a civil matter between 2 parties with no crime. Purdue was or isn't liable for those actions.
Forget about the criminal charges and convictions; they were really light in all of these cases. Hendershot was a bad incident and if remember correctly Haas had a string of cover-up-ish texts and gave the clap to others even after he knew he had it. That’s way worse than Trevion or Xavier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT