ADVERTISEMENT

IU Recruiting

pubill

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2021
IU just got a big recruit coming in this year from Florida on top of the point guard recruit they already have coming who was a McD's AA, they have top 5 class in nation and best in BT. Those that were saying Woodson was a dumpster fire, I am afraid are wrong. They are coming back and with the NIL rules are going to be tough for us to compete against.

IU just got a big recruit coming in this year from Florida on top of the point guard recruit they already have coming who was a McD's AA, they have top 5 class in nation and best in BT. Those that were saying Woodson was a dumpster fire, I am afraid are wrong. They are coming back and with the NIL rules are going to be tough for us to compete against.
Heard that Lander kid is better than Ivey.

giphy.gif

Heard that Tacos Carroll is better than Cody Zeller. Heard that Duncomb is better than Furst.

It's not an exact science. And while rankings don't guarantee a player will be better, it is a solid indicator.
I call BS on the Tacos Carroll comment. Who said he was better than Zeller?

Reactions: Schnelk
Don't forget that THIS is the year you make a Final Four. Same as we heard last year....and the year before...and so on...
That’s weird, because I don’t remember any IU fans claiming last year was a final 4 year.

I DO remember MANY Purdue fans claiming last year was a final 4 year for them though. Just really unlucky that the bracket didn’t fall your way and you had to face an Elite team in the Sweet 16.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure it won’t be another 42 years until you finally make it back.

That’s weird, because I don’t remember any IU fans claiming last year was a final 4 year.

I DO remember MANY Purdue fans claiming last year was a final 4 year for them though. Just really unlucky that the bracket didn’t fall your way and you had to face an Elite team in the Sweet 16.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure it won’t be another 42 years until you finally make it back.
Someone always comes on here every year spouting it and likely was you under however many ID's you have used to get banned.

Someone always comes on here every year spouting it and likely was you under however many ID's you have used to get banned.
Wrong again there chief. How often do Purdue fans claim it’s finally their year to break through to the Final 4 only to come up well short?

Painter is starting to get a rep for losing to double digit seeds. You hate to see it…

Wait, am I on the Purdue board or the iu board?

I think most expected their recruiting to improve under Woodson. We'll see what he can do with the talent - Crean got mixed results from some really good recruits.
Talent, or lack thereof, has never been the issue...

The myopic fanbase...the disconnect with reality....the desperation...really lousy coaches...believing that it is still 1980-something....those are the things that have been the problem, and, remain the problem.

Heard that Tacos Carroll is better than Cody Zeller. Heard that Duncomb is better than Furst.

It's not an exact science. And while rankings don't guarantee a player will be better, it is a solid indicator.
It CAN be, but, it is not necessarily...more so now than ever, as, guys that go to the Academies are ranked higher, and, guys that are recruited by particular schools are as well.

Whatever makes you feel better...

Purdue has not been there since '80, so, while that is such an easy target, it is not as if they were a nationally relevant and quasi-elite program that just vanished off of the map ala Indinia...so, while it is easy to make fun of Purdue's failing to return, at least they did not just crash and burn and then reek of desperation to return (despite the fact that Indinia never will).

Frankly, they both should be embarrassed for their failures...Purdue never managed to even get to nationally elite...Indinia crashed after they had. If Indinia can finally make the rivalry a rivalry again, it really just turns then into a case of it meaning something only to Purdue and Indinia, as, neither are genuinely part of the actual nationally relevant mix...and, with NIL, I don't know that either even can be.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day

Purdue has not been there since '80, so, while that is such an easy target, it is not as if they were a nationally relevant and quasi-elite program that just vanished off of the map ala Indinia...so, while it is easy to make fun of Purdue's failing to return, at least they did not just crash and burn and then reek of desperation to return (despite the fact that Indinia never will).

Frankly, they both should be embarrassed for their failures...Purdue never managed to even get to nationally elite...Indinia crashed after they had. If Indinia can finally make the rivalry a rivalry again, it really just turns then into a case of it meaning something only to Purdue and Indinia, as, neither are genuinely part of the actual nationally relevant mix...and, with NIL, I don't know that either even can be.
Hey at least you are finally starting to admit that you have never been relevant and never will be.

NIL will hurt schools like Purdue and help schools like IU as we’ve already seen start to take place.

Reactions: Sinkme

Remember they had multiple 5*'s on the roster last year and not even a tournament win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flot

And how many years will it be until IU beats Purdue twice in the same season?

And how many years will it be until IU beats Purdue twice in the same season?
Seems like an irrelevant stat, but with TJD back, we would have a good shot of doing that next year.

I mean we almost did it this year. You guys got worse and we brought back the same team plus a couple studs.

Reactions: Sinkme
Seems like an irrelevant stat, but with TJD back, we would have a good shot of doing that next year.

I mean we almost did it this year. You guys got worse and we brought back the same team plus a couple studs.
Almost,could have,maybe,wait till next yearetc.etc.etc..These are the words Hoosier fans seem to live by.

Highlights show he plays within 5 feet from the basket offensively. I'm not sure his offensive game is much different.
For example, Trevion Williams was nothing like Trayce, but they both played near the basket.

Reneau is not Trayce or Trevion-like. A guess for a fair comp (if you’re old enough) from IU is Darryl Thomas. Low post scorer because of good feet, not sheer strength or quickness.

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy
Almost,could have,maybe,wait till next yearetc.etc.etc..These are the words Hoosier fans seem to live by.
We did beat you at home. We were a final shot from beating you in Mackey (with a team you guys claimed was Painter’s best ever). You lost an All-American, a 2nd team All-Big Ten player, and a 3 year starter. We lost nothing and added two 5*.

There is a good chance we sweep you next year. As has happened throughout the rivalry, each team has its ups and downs.

Indiana has been to the top of the mountain five times, and has won the B1G outright twice in the past ten years.

All of this talk in an Indiana thread about Indiana’s wishful thinking is not based in fact. No one thought the Archie teams or last year’s team was a national title contender. okay, maybe someone, but every fanbase has someone delusional.

But there are banners and lots of B1G titles. The whole conference has 10 national championships. Indiana has five of those ten.
Woo!Keep talking about those dusty banners.You have to be about 45 to remember when IU won the last one.Since you brought up the past,I will say the recent past is very much in Purdues favor,since the Boilermakers have won 18 of the last 24 meetings.And Purdue has a huge advantage over Indiana in the series history and won 12 times to IUs 9 in the nineties,had a 12 to 5 advantage in the decade beginning in 2010,and has a 5 to 1 lead in this decade.The Boilermakers have more BIG titles than IU does.

Reactions: Riveting-
We did beat you at home. We were a final shot from beating you in Mackey (with a team you guys claimed was Painter’s best ever). You lost an All-American, a 2nd team All-Big Ten player, and a 3 year starter. We lost nothing and added two 5*.

There is a good chance we sweep you next year. As has happened throughout the rivalry, each team has its ups and downs.
Come back here next winter and remind us when IU wins twice,We can hardly wait.You just proved my point about IU fans constant whine"Wait till next year"

Reactions: Schnelk and Poprudy
For example, Trevion Williams was nothing like Trayce, but they both played near the basket.

Reneau is not Trayce or Trevion-like. A guess for a fair comp (if you’re old enough) from IU is Darryl Thomas. Low post scorer because of good feet, not sheer strength or quickness.
Not sure why you thought that was funny. I would LOVE it if you were right and this kid is like Trayce. I just don’t think that’s his skill set

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT