ADVERTISEMENT

IU Recruiting

I sorta disagree and especially on the back court being bleak. You have to remember that in the motion offense, the PG isn't needed to score and we have a plethora of weapons both returning and coming off of a RS season.

One other thing that we have learned countless times over the years, is that conference "rankings" don't mean much of anything on incoming freshmen for the most part. Our incoming class fits the needs we have exceptionally well.

IU is likely to finish around the top 5 or below and I fully expect us to finish above that.
Wrong. The PG is always needed to score. The lack of a scoring PG has been Purdue's problem in the tourney since the Keady teams.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Thanks Hunter Biden. Go back to your Riveting crack pipe. I guess everyone needs a role model and you chose yours.

And, another mod-less thread on this board has deteriorated.

I’m out of here. Hunter Biden-loving guy and Bakersfield guy? It’s all yours!
This is dumb. Bakersfield is paradise compared to most of Indiana. Take your political vomit back to your own board.

Kansas just won the tourney with their starting PG scoring 6 points a game
Come on now, stop ruining bones's narrative. He lives in a world where the only way to win is to have a 6' 4"" or taller point that scores 12+ ppg, 6 assists ppg, and sings the national anthem better than any current recording artist.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and Schnelk
IU just got a big recruit coming in this year from Florida on top of the point guard recruit they already have coming who was a McD's AA, they have top 5 class in nation and best in BT. Those that were saying Woodson was a dumpster fire, I am afraid are wrong. They are coming back and with the NIL rules are going to be tough for us to compete against.
Whatever, never concerned with IU’s recruits. They didn’t do Jack shit with the last two top rated 5 star recruits, to go along with all world TJD. They’ll tell you everything is different with Woody…. um okay.

Come on now, stop ruining bones's narrative. He lives in a world where the only way to win is to have a 6' 4"" or taller point that scores 12+ ppg, 6 assists ppg, and sings the national anthem better than any current recording artist.
I like it a lot more than 5'11, 155lb guards.....And, as long as you stand for the NA, I'm good with it.

Wrong. The PG is always needed to score. The lack of a scoring PG has been Purdue's problem in the tourney since the Keady teams.
Our best showing in the tournament recently was with a point guard who never shot the ball. Now that’s a puzzle, eh? We were one rebound short of going to the FF with that non-shooting PG.

I sorta disagree and especially on the back court being bleak. You have to remember that in the motion offense, the PG isn't needed to score and we have a plethora of weapons both returning and coming off of a RS season.

One other thing that we have learned countless times over the years, is that conference "rankings" don't mean much of anything on incoming freshmen for the most part. Our incoming class fits the needs we have exceptionally well.

IU is likely to finish around the top 5 or below and I fully expect us to finish above that.
We really don't have a lot of scoring options coming back in the backcourt. Maybe, just maybe, one, two or even 3 guys will have break out years but Purdue currently doesn't have anyone that has shown they can be a consistent scorer at the B1G level.

Its not even just a conversation about scoring from the point guard position. Purdue doesn't have any proven scoring coming back at the 2 or 3 either. I'm crossing my fingers for Pack because without him Purdue is going to need to have a lot of dominoes fall into place to be in the top half of the B1G next year IMO.

Our best showing in the tournament recently was with a point guard who never shot the ball. Now that’s a puzzle, eh? We were one rebound short of going to the FF with that non-shooting PG.
Along that line of thinking, maybe if we had a PG who could shoot that year, we'd have won the NC, yes?

Florida is a football state. I'd take an Indiana Mr Basketball over a Florida 5* every time. Same can be said in reverse. I'd take a Florida Mr Football over an Indiana 5* every time.

Thanks Hunter Biden. Go back to your Riveting crack pipe. I guess everyone needs a role model and you chose yours.

And, another mod-less thread on this board has deteriorated.

I’m out of here. Hunter Biden-loving guy and Bakersfield guy? It’s all yours!
What's the over-under on how soon Leo Jr. is back begging for our approval?

Florida is a football state. I'd take an Indiana Mr Basketball over a Florida 5* every time. Same can be said in reverse. I'd take a Florida Mr Football over an Indiana 5* every time.

These guys that go to schools like Montverde aren't necessarily from Florida. The school is like La Lumiere. It's not fair to compare a guy like Smith to a recruit from one of these schools. They play a national schedule and are at these schools to specifically play basketball.

Remember, Edey was a backup on IMG. How many Indiana high school basketball teams would Edey have been a backup on? I know he's improved over the last year and a half but he was pretty good when he arrived at Purdue.

Kansas just won the tourney with their starting PG scoring 6 points a game
Also of note they won on efficiency. They averaged 7 of 17 behind the arc. It dispels the notion that the 3 point shot rules in the modern game. Kansas plays kind of a classic game. Surprised me.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
These guys that go to schools like Montverde aren't necessarily from Florida. The school is like La Lumiere. It's not fair to compare a guy like Smith to a recruit from one of these schools. They play a national schedule and are at these schools to specifically play basketball.

Remember, Edey was a backup on IMG. How many Indiana high school basketball teams would Edey have been a backup on? I know he's improved over the last year and a half but he was pretty good when he arrived at Purdue.
Edey is 7’4… or he wouldn’t be in the conversation. He also developed much faster than most. he hasn’t played BB that long. My point remains the same. I’d take an Indiana Mr BB.

That's all IU needs is another 4. You can't play 4 guys at the same position.
1. That’s a false tweet from the college Senior that runs the barstool account.

2. It’s weird that you bring up having only 4s when Purdue seems to have that exact issue. Gillis, Furst, Kaufman, Waddell, Heide… did I miss any of them?

Reactions: Sinkme
We really don't have a lot of scoring options coming back in the backcourt. Maybe, just maybe, one, two or even 3 guys will have break out years but Purdue currently doesn't have anyone that has shown they can be a consistent scorer at the B1G level.

Its not even just a conversation about scoring from the point guard position. Purdue doesn't have any proven scoring coming back at the 2 or 3 either. I'm crossing my fingers for Pack because without him Purdue is going to need to have a lot of dominoes fall into place to be in the top half of the B1G next year IMO.
I'd take the opposite side of that view and say that if Purdue doesn't land Pack and doesn't have anyone step up and have breakthrough season relative to their production to date, they will struggle to finish in the top half of the BT next year.

If we land Nijel the floor and ceiling for the team immediately go up significantly and given the makeup of the roster, I would be shocked if other players do not step up. There are a lot of pieces there to really like. I agree with your point that it's unknown how those pieces will step up into more prominent roles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Wrong again there chief. How often do Purdue fans claim it’s finally their year to break through to the Final 4 only to come up well short?

Painter is starting to get a rep for losing to double digit seeds. You hate to see it…
We'll see how Woody does with a fist full of cash and his own players this year. My guess...Another day and same results.

Still waiting to hear why the new IU recruits don’t care about academics. IU has had a perfect academic score the last 3 years in basketball.

Because they committed to a shitty school place that can't even spell their own name correctly.

Coffee is for closers, cream & crimson is for stupid Loosiers.

https://gridironmetal.com/product/20-oz-tumbler-purdue-gold-beat-indinia/

beat-indinia-IU_SUCKS.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT