ADVERTISEMENT

IU Recruiting

For example, Trevion Williams was nothing like Trayce, but they both played near the basket.

Reneau is not Trayce or Trevion-like. A guess for a fair comp (if you’re old enough) from IU is Darryl Thomas. Low post scorer because of good feet, not sheer strength or quickness.

Not sure why you thought that was funny. I would LOVE it if you were right and this kid is like Trayce. I just don’t think that’s his skill set
Because you're a typical clueless IU fan on a Purdue board trying to prove your teams relevance.

Go back and enjoy your recruit on your board. If, you can get a tournament win next year and we don't. Then you can come back and poke fun.

Reactions: BBG
That’s weird, because I don’t remember any IU fans claiming last year was a final 4 year.

I DO remember MANY Purdue fans claiming last year was a final 4 year for them though. Just really unlucky that the bracket didn’t fall your way and you had to face an Elite team in the Sweet 16.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure it won’t be another 42 years until you finally make it back.
Aren’t you guys still whining about your flight to Oregon after your try out game to get into the tournament? Making you guys play in spite of the cramps was really a low blow by the NCAA.

Take your pat on the head and go home.

Woo!Keep talking about those dusty banners.You have to be about 45 to remember when IU won the last one.Since you brought up the past,I will say the recent past is very much in Purdues favor,since the Boilermakers have won 18 of the last 24 meetings.And Purdue has a huge advantage over Indiana in the series history and won 12 times to IUs 9 in the nineties,had a 12 to 5 advantage in the decade beginning in 2010,and has a 5 to 1 lead in this decade.The Boilermakers have more BIG titles than IU does.
Domination of clownpantsnation!

For example, Trevion Williams was nothing like Trayce, but they both played near the basket.

Reneau is not Trayce or Trevion-like. A guess for a fair comp (if you’re old enough) from IU is Darryl Thomas. Low post scorer because of good feet, not sheer strength or quickness.
A real IU fan would know how to spell Daryl Thomas’s name.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and Poprudy
Heard that Tacos Carroll is better than Cody Zeller. Heard that Duncomb is better than Furst.

It's not an exact science. And while rankings don't guarantee a player will be better, it is a solid indicator.
butthurt-dontgetbutthurt.gif

A real IU fan would know how to spell Daryl Thomas’s name.
You can’t ever even seem to correctly spell the state you live i… oh wait. You live in Bakersfield, California, not Indiana. I guess that’s punishment enough. 😁

Last edited:
He's the DGL's teammate, right? IIRC, he's a lot more mobile than Nick Ward. More like TJD, minus the hop. He's a bit foul-prone IIRC.
Yes, he was the starting center for Montverde. His game is closer to Nick Ward and Trevion Williams than TJD. TJD has one post move. Reneau , like Williams and Ward, has a plethora of post moves and can finish well with both hands already. I expect his career to look similar to both of those players.

Domination of clownpantsnation!
Thanks Hunter Biden. Go back to your Riveting crack pipe. I guess everyone needs a role model and you chose yours.

And, another mod-less thread on this board has deteriorated.

I’m out of here. Hunter Biden-loving guy and Bakersfield guy? It’s all yours!

Last edited:
Hey at least you are finally starting to admit that you have never been relevant and never will be.

NIL will hurt schools like Purdue and help schools like IU as we’ve already seen start to take place.
It can "help" Indinia in whatever context you believe that to be...until you have an actual coach, and, get guys that can develop and play together, it will just be more of the same...talent was not/is not the issue there...and won't be.

I have never proclaimed otherwise...I know that they have dominated Indinia literally forever, but, other than my being glad that the reverse is not true, so what?

Again...neither program has anything in modern day basketball to hang its hat on.

There are any number of things that allegedly have hurt Purdue, or will...regardless, Purdue has for its history managed to win a ton of basketball games, dominate Indinia and win more conference titles than anyone else...nothing is likely to change any of that...more so in that they have an actual culture and quality coaching.

That they can't get out of their own way in March is indeed a problem with respect to having national success, but, at least they play in March with great consistency and regularity...something that cannot be said about Indinia.

Like say, it is the same tired mantra on the Indinia side, and, the same genuine ignorance of the fact that talent is not the problem there, and, won't be. And, as I said, while fair to take shots at Purdue's failing to have ascended to a nationally elite program, it is closer to it now (and has been) than Indinia is, and, Indinia was arguably there...so, knock Purdue for not getting there...own up to having pi$$ed it away in Indinia's case...not sure that it is any source of pride for either to acknowledge that neither are there.

Not sure why you thought that was funny. I would LOVE it if you were right and this kid is like Trayce. I just don’t think that’s his skill set
Yes, everyone loves guys that do not develop, underachieve and are more concerned about life off the court rather than on it.

It can "help" Indinia in whatever context you believe that to be...until you have an actual coach, and, get guys that can develop and play together, it will just be more of the same...talent was not/is not the issue there...and won't be.

I have never proclaimed otherwise...I know that they have dominated Indinia literally forever, but, other than my being glad that the reverse is not true, so what?

Again...neither program has anything in modern day basketball to hang its hat on.

There are any number of things that allegedly have hurt Purdue, or will...regardless, Purdue has for its history managed to win a ton of basketball games, dominate Indinia and win more conference titles than anyone else...nothing is likely to change any of that...more so in that they have an actual culture and quality coaching.

That they can't get out of their own way in March is indeed a problem with respect to having national success, but, at least they play in March with great consistency and regularity...something that cannot be said about Indinia.

Like say, it is the same tired mantra on the Indinia side, and, the same genuine ignorance of the fact that talent is not the problem there, and, won't be. And, as I said, while fair to take shots at Purdue's failing to have ascended to a nationally elite program, it is closer to it now (and has been) than Indinia is, and, Indinia was arguably there...so, knock Purdue for not getting there...own up to having pi$$ed it away in Indinia's case...not sure that it is any source of pride for either to acknowledge that neither are there.
Are all Purdue fans too dumb to know how to spell Indiana? I mean if it was one typo that would be one thing, but it seems all of you pig lovers can’t get it right.

“Purdue has dominated Indiana literally forever”…. I’m not sure you know what the word “literally” means either. You’ve had a good 6 year run against us, but as the rivalry has proven each team will have their ups and downs.

And no, even with your slightly above average recent results, you are not closer to being an elite program. You are the better program at losing to double digit seeds in the tournament though. I believe now a third of Painter’s tournament losses have come from double digit seeds. No one chokes like Purdue.

Are all Purdue fans too dumb to know how to spell Indiana? I mean if it was one typo that would be one thing, but it seems all of you pig lovers can’t get it right.

“Purdue has dominated Indiana literally forever”…. I’m not sure you know what the word “literally” means either. You’ve had a good 6 year run against us, but as the rivalry has proven each team will have their ups and downs.

And no, even with your slightly above average recent results, you are not closer to being an elite program. You are the better program at losing to double digit seeds in the tournament though. I believe now a third of Painter’s tournament losses have come from double digit seeds. No one chokes like Purdue.
Yeah, if Purdue ever sees a "good" run like Purdue has dominated Indinia the past 6 years, I am confident it would not be deemed a "good run" on your side...no need to worry about that admittedly, but, funny that it is how you try to rationalize it...like say, when reality sucks, go with whatever makes you feel better.

As for Purdue/Painter/March...again, have to be there and a part of it to even have the opportunity to choke...when you are as irrelevant and bad as Indinia, only way to find joy in the tournament these days is at the expense of Purdue because your own program is SO bad that it is not even a participant...at a time when it literally has never been easier to be one! Nothing like FINALLY getting to play in to the real tournament, only to lose to a school from a worthless conference in literal historic fashion though...

Oh yikes, you apparently don’t know who Nick Ward is. That’s embarrassing.
Yes, he of Israeli-basketball fame...I know exactly who he is, what he was, and, how he left simply for the sake of leaving in that he failed to achieve as he could (should?) have at MSU and then ended up playing in obscurity in Israel.

As sad as Jackson-Davis having missed on "one-and-done" to the greatest extent possible, I at least respect that he understands that returning to school is the best decision for him, and, that playing college basketball and with friends, even at a program that is barely scratching mediocrity beats playing by himself somewhere in Israel.

Reactions: Poprudy
Yes, he of Israeli-basketball fame...I know exactly who he is, what he was, and, how he left simply for the sake of leaving in that he failed to achieve as he could (should?) have at MSU and then ended up playing in obscurity in Israel.
He didn't know that part. Yikes!

Reactions: DAG10
Little brother gets a new toy and can’t wait to run and tell big brother. The off-season must be Christmas for iu fans because they run here every year to show off these things that don’t mean a damn thing when they step on the court. Oh well, print the shirts again I guess.

Reactions: DAG10 and Poprudy
You can’t ever even seem to correctly spell the state you live i… oh wait. You live in Bakersfield, California, not Indiana. I guess that’s punishment enough. 😁
You dont know the origin of Indinia, yet you call yourself a fan? Be careful what you wish for, especially if it’s moderation.

Indinia has never been an elite program in your lifetime, and they never will be. It’s not as bad as your worst-in-the BiG football program run by the RevCoach LEO, your high school coach, so I guess that’s a positive for you.

Reactions: bonefish1
Yeah, if Purdue ever sees a "good" run like Purdue has dominated Indinia the past 6 years, I am confident it would not be deemed a "good run" on your side...no need to worry about that admittedly, but, funny that it is how you try to rationalize it...like say, when reality sucks, go with whatever makes you feel better.

As for Purdue/Painter/March...again, have to be there and a part of it to even have the opportunity to choke...when you are as irrelevant and bad as Indinia, only way to find joy in the tournament these days is at the expense of Purdue because your own program is SO bad that it is not even a participant...at a time when it literally has never been easier to be one! Nothing like FINALLY getting to play in to the real tournament, only to lose to a school from a worthless conference in literal historic fashion though...
We’ve had similar runs. Go checkout the early 2000s

As sad as Jackson-Davis having missed on "one-and-done" to the greatest extent possible, I at least respect that he understands that returning to school is the best decision for him, and, that playing college basketball and with friends, even at a program that is barely scratching mediocrity beats playing by himself somewhere in Israel.
You fool. He was an All Big Ten player and made the final 4. A lot more than can be said for the Purdue scrubs that end up in the gleague or overseas.

Reactions: Sinkme

LOL. It's how your school spelled it. On national TV. So be careful how you criticize the intelligence of people from another school.

How do YOU pronounce Achilles, Trailer Trash? This should be good.

LOL. It's how your school spelled it. On national TV. So be careful how you criticize the intelligence of people from another school.

How do YOU pronounce Achilles, Trailer Trash? This should be good.

As I stated, it’s one thing if it’s a typo. The funny part is that now you all actually think that’s how it’s spelled.

Didn’t know you were a band geek, Andy!

The funny part is that now you all actually think that’s how it’s spelled.

Hey, we are just showing you guys respect. If you spell your school's name "Indinia" on your uniform, then who are we to tell you that you don't know your own name? If someone tells me he prefers to be called Chuck, it would be disrespectful if I call him by his legal name, Charles.

The funny part is how you guys are triggered by us adopting your own spelling -- even to the point of expecting a G&B mod to step in and do something. This seems to bother Indinia fans more than when Purdue fans point out that "IU sucks!"

Unless Purdue lands Pack, IU will have a better roster than Purdue next year, Purdue may need Pack and someone else to "catch up" but I'm not convinced Woodson is a better college coach than Painter.

We have a leading candidate for B1G player of the year in Edey but as of today things look pretty bleak in the backcourt as Purdue only brings back an avg of 3.9 pts per game at the 1,2,and 3 positions combined (B1G play) and our freshmen coming in are rated middle of the B1G pack.

The funny thing is that its still hard for me to believe that IU will be better than Purdue next year for many of the same reasons already pointed out by Purdue fans on the forum.

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
Don't forget that THIS is the year you make a Final Four. Same as we heard last year....and the year before...and so on...
Did you mean a tournament victory?? Don't worry it's been 6 years running now.

Unless Purdue lands Pack, IU will have a better roster than Purdue next year, Purdue may need Pack and someone else to "catch up" but I'm not convinced Woodson is a better college coach than Painter.

We have a leading candidate for B1G player of the year in Edey but as of today things look pretty bleak in the backcourt as Purdue only brings back an avg of 3.9 pts per game at the 1,2,and 3 positions combined (B1G play) and our freshmen coming in are rated middle of the B1G pack.

The funny thing is that its still hard for me to believe that IU will be better than Purdue next year for many of the same reasons already pointed out by Purdue fans on the forum.
You might be right. They'll have a ton of upperclassman and most are probably hungry for a tournament win. Didn't someone say they will be the oldest returning team next year? You would think eventually they would make a turn.

I think for us it'll be the development of TKR and Newman's play. Yes, we desperately need a guard or 2, but if we land Pack and a serviceable Hunter comes back for leadership. I think we'll still be a top half team. IMO

I sorta disagree and especially on the back court being bleak. You have to remember that in the motion offense, the PG isn't needed to score and we have a plethora of weapons both returning and coming off of a RS season.

One other thing that we have learned countless times over the years, is that conference "rankings" don't mean much of anything on incoming freshmen for the most part. Our incoming class fits the needs we have exceptionally well.

IU is likely to finish around the top 5 or below and I fully expect us to finish above that.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT