ADVERTISEMENT

IU Loosiers...

You guys ready to laugh? This is from a poster on their 247 board.

EmotiveHoosier: “Brohm is a snake oil salesman IMO. Really good recruiter that hasn’t done a whole lot with that talent since getting the job. I’ll take CTA over Brohm all day. I’ve seen CTA turn a perennial laughingstock (especially the defense) into a program on the rise in what is one of the toughest divisions in the country”

Talk about delusional.

This thread is quite humorous. Glad you all love your Boilers. Reality check... IU football under Allen is now competitive in BIG. Everyone in college football now realizes it.... with the exception of some of you. I know it’s difficult for you to admit it.... but say it slowly....IU ... Football....is....competitive!
All the best to you! LEO!!!

"Everyone in college football".....Are you serious? Outside of Bloomington and in West Lafayette during Bucket week, NOBODY realizes anything about iu football. It's non-existent other than an easy win on my team's schedules.

Reactions: Purdue85
QB - IU’s QB is fragile. Hurt every season. Our QB room has better arms, depth, and coaching. Advantage Purdue.
RB - if IU’s RBs stay out of trouble, they have better depth than Purdue. IU
TE - Hendershot - can he stay out of trouble? Purdue has better TE depth than IU. This is a TIE.
WR - not even close. Purdue
OL - Purdue has added talent and depth on the OL. Will be much improved. Added veteran, former Auburn, Alabama, USC OL coach Neil Callaway as an OL consultant. Advantage: Purdue

DE Purdue, without question
DT - Lorenzo Neal, Lawrence Johnson, Anthony Watts all return plus RS 4* Steven Faucheux. This will be one of Purdue’s strengths. Advantage: Purdue
LB - Purdue will be improved here but I give IU a slight edge.
CB - No way. Purdue has strengthened this significantly with 4* transfer DJ Johnson from Iowa and JC CB Geo Howard. CB Cory Trice is already good and will get better. Add SR Simeon Smiley and JR Dedrick Mackey and Purdue has a strong CB room now. TIE at worst
S - Transfer Travis Coyle from UCONN. Cam Allen, Marvin Grant, and Brennan Thienemann plus highly-regarded FR Sansoussi Kane make our room stronger than IU’s. Advantage: Purdue

ST - We return SR K Dellinger and both punters. Rondale Moore as a returner? Advantage: Purdue

Coaching: Purdue has a much stronger coaching staff than IU. IU still has their glorified HS coach. Purdue will own IU for years, just like Joe Tiller owned IU for years, going 10-2 vs IU.
If coaches around the Big Ten were to pick the advantages between IU and Purdue at every position, Purdue would have the advantages at 3 maybe 4 positions. WR,TE and coaching..

"Everyone in college football".....Are you serious? Outside of Bloomington and in West Lafayette during Bucket week, NOBODY realizes anything about iu football. It's non-existent other than an easy win on my team's schedules.
So want this season to occur... Then you will see! LEO!!!

So want this season to occur... Then you will see! LEO!!!
You will see last season was an aberration for IU. No 3 easy wins vs. pud non-conference teams to start the season. An extra BIG game which means another likely loss for IU. No more Coach DeBoer.....

You will see last season was an aberration for IU. No 3 easy wins vs. pud non-conference teams to start the season. An extra BIG game which means another likely loss for IU. No more Coach DeBoer.....
You should be happy as well, because of Purdue non-conference schedule you were looking at maybe 2 losses.

Another funny comment I read is that if we had IU’s schedule Brohm’s first two years, we wouldn’t have bowled and would’ve been lucky to have 3 wins. Well we’d have 3 guaranteed wins against non-conference and unlike IU, we can beat one of the juggernauts in the East. They forget to mention that their record against they west in Allen’s first two years was abysmal.

You should be happy as well, because of Purdue non-conference schedule you were looking at maybe 2 losses.
Purdue was playing and beating teams like Missouri @ Missouri 35-3, Boston College (ranked #23 when we beat them), and Vanderbilt. We also played #16 Louisville with QB Jackson and Coach Petrino.

The only P5 team IU played and beat in 3 years was Virginia. They went 6-7 in 2017 and 8-5 in 2018. That's the ONLY P5 team IU played in 9 non-conference games in 3 seasons. Pathetic.

Tom Allen is 9-18 in BIG play. Yeah, IU is on the rise, baby!

And Brohm is 12-15. So? Seriously, if PU played in the East and IU played in the West, what do you think the coaching records would be? And yes, PU did beat OSU and that day, I was a PU fan.

And Brohm is 12-15. So? Seriously, if PU played in the East and IU played in the West, what do you think the coaching records would be? And yes, PU did beat OSU and that day, I was a PU fan.

Well Allen’s record against the West isn’t amazing and Brohm has proven he can beat one of the big guys in the East. No way to know what the records would be.

Last time I checked 12-15 > 9-18.

And BTW, IU is 4-5 against the BIG West teams under Allen. If the West was as weak as you say, shouldn't Allen have a winning record against the West?

2017 - 1-2 (Lost Wisc, Pur, beat 2-10 ILL)
2018 - 0-3 (Lost Iowa, @Minn, Pur)
2019 - 3-0 (Beat @Neb, NW, Pur)

12-15 is better than 9-18. My point is neither is anything on which to brag.

LOL. You all truly humor me. Thank you for the entertainment! LEO!!!

Last time I checked 12-15 > 9-18.

And BTW, IU is 4-5 against the BIG West teams under Allen. If the West was as weak as you say, shouldn't Allen have a winning record against the West?

2017 - 1-2 (Lost Wisc, Pur, beat 2-10 ILL)
2018 - 0-3 (Lost Iowa, @Minn, Pur)
2019 - 3-0 (Beat @Neb, NW, Pur)

Purdue (Brohm) against the east -

2017 - 1-2
2018 - 2-1
2019 - 1-2

Same record...

Purdue (Brohm) against the east -

2017 - 1-2
2018 - 2-1
2019 - 1-2

Same record...
Same record, but very different accomplishments considering the starting point for each coach. 5-19 (2-15) prior 2 seasons for Purdue and 12-14 (6-11) prior 2 seasons for IU. The cupboards were not equally stocked for each coach. The last 2 recruiting classes before Brohm arrived Purdue was ranked #68 and #73. The last 2 classes before Allen arrived IU was ranked #48 and #54. 2017-2019 Brohm was racing in a car with a horsepower deficit yet holding his own. Allen was riding the high point of IU football to squeaking out cheap bucket wins and zero quality wins. Purdue fans take those factors plus Brohm's success at WKU as evidence he is the better coach. We extrapolate that once his top 30 classes emerge as upperclassmen the wins will follow the trend line. The logic is very easy to follow if you scratch beyond the surface.

It doesn't matter which side iu is on, E or W. Nobody cares. I'm only here posting to make fun of iu football.

Take away those pesky head to head results to prove who is better. Sound logic.

In 130 seasons IU has never had a winning record vs. Purdue in football;
on top of that, in 120 seasons of basketball, IU has never had a winning record against Purdue... that's 250 combined seasons of IU always having a losing record versus Purdue!!

So it makes complete sense that the only things Loosier little brothers can come here with is this:

pjojch.gif

#FaultyProjections

You keep contending the BIG West is weak yet Allen is 4-5 vs the West and still hasn’t beaten one BIG West team with a winning record.
We play who's on the schedule. Can't help it when teams like Purdue and Neb. come in with HIGH expectations and fall flat on their face. All three West team we played a year ago NW,Purdue and Neb. were forecast to be good because of their coaching.

Purdue was playing and beating teams like Missouri @ Missouri 35-3, Boston College (ranked #23 when we beat them), and Vanderbilt. We also played #16 Louisville with QB Jackson and Coach Petrino.

The only P5 team IU played and beat in 3 years was Virginia. They went 6-7 in 2017 and 8-5 in 2018. That's the ONLY P5 team IU played in 9 non-conference games in 3 seasons. Pathetic.
Purdue, was also losing to teams like E. Mich. (at Home) Nevada and Ill. You never know which team will show up.

Purdue, was also losing to teams like E. Mich. (at Home) Nevada and Ill. You never know which team will show up.
Only Loosiers remember these games. We beat OSU 49-20 in 2018. IU hasn’t beaten OSU or Michigan in 30 years. Illinois was a bowl team last year. They beat Wisconsin too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT