ADVERTISEMENT

IU could go 2-6 given their schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, you're desperate for validation. Apparently, you need to be patted on the head and told you're right.

Do the frikkin' math.

PSU, UM, OSU, UW: It's been almost 20 years since you've beaten UW, 1 win in 30 years vs PSU, no wins in 30 years vs UM and OSU. All 4 are very likely losses.

That leaves 4 games for you to run the table to get your desperately needed 4 wins, with one against a Purdue team that took you to 2OT with a decimated roster, which now looks to be vastly improved and deeper, and one against a team where you lost last year (MSU), which appears to be a much more winnable game.

You lost the heart and soul of your offense (your OC) which is being completely discarded because of ... "schemes", Charlie Weis.

Neither of us know how the season will play out. But you're an idiot if you think all the above makes a serious case for you.

So again I ask, what is so delusional about predicting 4, possibly 5 wins? Outside Ohio State, the talent and depth level between IU and their remaining opponents are pretty even-keeled. They played a similar conference schedule last year and went 5-4. I don’t get why suggesting IU equaling it’s performance last year given the fact that IU returns just about it’s entire roster falls under the lines of delusion? It’s certainly not anymore delusional than a fan base of a team who went 4-8 the year prior with shaky QB play and an average OL at best is somehow going to win 6 or 6 Big Ten games as I’ve seen some suggest on here. Reality is, that sans Rutgers, Purdue has been the worst B10 school record wise this last decade. To think Purdue is on the cusp of winning 6 or 7 B10 games makes me wonder if Purdue fans would know delusion if it walked up and slapped them in the face. You awareness on this one...

Last edited:
So again I ask, what is so delusional about predicting 4, possibly 5 wins? Outside Ohio State, the talent and depth level between IU and their remaining opponents are pretty even-keeled. They played a similar conference schedule last year and went 5-4. I don’t get why suggesting IU equaling it’s performance last year given the fact that IU returns just about it’s entire roster falls under the lines of delusion? It’s certainly not anymore delusional than a fan base of a team who went 4-8 the year prior with shaking QB and an average OL at best is somehow going to win 6 or 6 Big Ten games as I’ve seen some suggest on here. Reality is, that sans Rutgers, Purdue has been the worst B10 school record wise this last decade. To think Purdue is on the cusp of winning 6 or 7 B10 games makes me wonder if Purdue fans would know delusion if it walked up and slapped them in the face. You awareness on this one...

I would refer you to my prior post, along with a gentle pat on the head.

Reactions: BBG and SIBoiler2
Purdue owns IU. Always has, likely always will.

I'm assuming by "always" you're excluding the last decade. To be fair, you aren't the first person on a message board to engage in a bit of hyperbole.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that October 24th can't come soon enough. These discussions are starting to get a little repetitive. And as always, thank you to Purdue85 for your validation!

I'm assuming by "always" you're excluding the last decade. To be fair, you aren't the first person on a message board to engage in a bit of hyperbole.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that October 24th can't come soon enough. These discussions are starting to get a little repetitive. And as always, thank you to Purdue85 for your validation!
I assumed that Hoosier fans would be able to comprehend this:

All-Time Series
Purdue 74
IU 42
Tie 6

Old Oaken Bucket Series
Purdue 60
IU 32
Tie 3

That’s ownage by my estimation.

And nice cherrypicking by you to include the decade with the worst coach in Purdue history - Hazell. Even with his level of incompetence IU “won” the decade 6-4 with Hazell losing 4 in-a-row. Brohm is 2-1 vs IU. Expect Brohm to continue winning vs IU just like Joe Tiller did.

I assumed that Hoosier fans would be able to comprehend this:

All-Time Series
Purdue 74
IU 42
Tie 6

Old Oaken Bucket Series
Purdue 60
IU 32
Tie 3

That’s ownage by my estimation.

And nice cherrypicking by you to include the decade with the worst coach in Purdue history - Hazell. Even with his level of incompetence IU “won” the decade 6-4 with Hazell losing 4 in-a-row. Brohm is 2-1 vs IU. Expect Brohm to continue winning vs IU just like Joe Tiller did.

No IU fan is going to deny that Purdue has owned the all-time series, but a lot of that predates many of our lifetimes and memories. The 80s and 90s was the most competitive height of the rivalry with Indiana winning 9 buckets to Purdue's 11. Right at about the time Indiana foolishly fired it's most successful coach in program history, Purdue hit a home run with little known Joe Tiller and the rivalry was back to being one-sided for nearly a decade. As Joe Tiller retired, Indiana finally made a firm commitment to it's football program. They dumped Bill Lynch who was making ~$500k/yr and tripled the next coach's salary on top of fulling committing to stadium and facility renovations. Since IU fired Lynch and committed to its football program, the teams are dead even.

No IU fan is going to deny that Purdue has owned the all-time series, but a lot of that predates many of our lifetimes and memories. The 80s and 90s was the most competitive height of the rivalry with Indiana winning 9 buckets to Purdue's 11. Right at about the time Indiana foolishly fired it's most successful coach in program history, Purdue hit a home run with little known Joe Tiller and the rivalry was back to being one-sided for nearly a decade. As Joe Tiller retired, Indiana finally made a firm commitment to it's football program. They dumped Bill Lynch who was making ~$500k/yr and tripled the next coach's salary on top of fulling committing to stadium and facility renovations. Since IU fired Lynch and committed to its football program, the teams are dead even.

Hazell gets a big assist in that. Losing to IU 4 times in a row has only happened twice.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Hazell gets a big assist in that. Losing to IU 4 times in a row has only happened twice.

So why can't the same thing be said when Tiller was whooping up on Cameron and DiNardo? Why do Purdue fans have to come up with an excuse EVERY time they lose to IU? Is it IU's fault Purdue made a terrible hire?

I don't know why Purdue fans can't just acknowledge that IU's football program has significantly improved the last decade and continues to get better as their recruiting and more importantly depth has gotten better?

So why can't the same thing be said when Tiller was whooping up on Cameron and DiNardo? Why do Purdue fans have to come up with an excuse EVERY time they lose to IU? Is it IU's fault Purdue made a terrible hire?

I don't know why Purdue fans can't just acknowledge that IU's football program has significantly improved the last decade and continues to get better as their recruiting and more importantly depth has gotten better?

Probably because Cameron and DiNardo were par for the course for IU coaches historically. Purdue has had successful stretches like they had with Tiller. Hazell was an all-time terrible coach.

I will admit that IU has improved there’s no doubt about that. I also think they benefited from several teams being down last year too but credit to them for taking advantage. I still want to see them beat a ranked team/get a signature win because TA doesn’t have one yet.

Probably because Cameron and DiNardo were par for the course for IU coaches historically. Purdue has had successful stretches like they had with Tiller. Hazell was an all-time terrible coach.

Who in the modern era of college football (outside of Jim Young) has Purdue had that's rivaled Tiller? Nobody.

I think Purdue fans have a false sense of security of where their football stands both currently and historically among the landscape of college football. Are they better than IU? Sure. But that's not saying much. Purdue historically is still a low tier Big Ten football program.

Who in the modern era of college football (outside of Jim Young) has Purdue had that's rivaled Tiller? Nobody.

I think Purdue fans have a false sense of security of where their football stands both currently and historically among the landscape of college football. Are they better than IU? Sure. But that's not saying much. Purdue historically is still a low tier Big Ten football program.
LOL!

If you can't make an effective case and build up your own program, you default to tearing down another.

Typical loser.

LOL!

If you can't make an effective case and build up your own program, you default to tearing down another.

Typical loser.

As opposed to continuously making excuse after excuse for when they lose to Indiana?

Here are facts:

Outside Northwestern, Indiana, and newly added Rutgers, there isn't a team in the B10 with a worse all-time winning percentage than Purdue. Purdue is a low-tier B10 football program historically who outside a couple of flash in the pan seasons here and there the last 50-60 years has been abstract mediocre. Yet Purdue fans make it sound like their football program is perennially competing for conference and national titles.

As opposed to continuously making excuse after excuse for when they lose to Indiana?

Here are facts:

Outside Northwestern, Indiana, and newly added Rutgers, there isn't a team in the B10 with a worse all-time winning percentage than Purdue. Purdue is a low-tier B10 football program historically who outside a couple of flash in the pan seasons here and there the last 50-60 years has been abstract mediocre. Yet Purdue fans make it sound like their football program is perennially competing for conference and national titles.

Check your facts again. Illinois has a worse winning percentage. Purdue and Maryland are neck and neck. Even Iowa isn’t that far ahead of Purdue. Was a lot closer before Hazell took over.

Check your facts again. Illinois has a worse winning percentage. Purdue and Maryland are neck and neck. Even Iowa isn’t that far ahead of Purdue. Was a lot closer before Hazell took over.

sorry *Illinos.

Great company to be in.

IU is one of the very worst programs in NCAA history. Historically, Purdue is a slightly above 0.500 program. One could argue that IU has never had coaches as good as Snake Ames, Noble Kizer, Jack Mollenkopf, Jim Young, or Joe Tiller.

I think your perception is clouded by recent years. Purdue has had a reputation of being a passing school for years and has had a number of excellent QBs - Bob DeMoss, Len Dawson, Bob Griese, Mike Phipps, Mark Herman, Jim Everett, Drew Brees, Kyle Orton. We’ve also had a number of good ones - Gary Danielson, Curtis Painter, David Blough, Bernie Allen....

What is IU’s football legacy? Is there one besides Futility?

IU is one of the very worst programs in NCAA history. Historically, Purdue is a slightly above 0.500 program. One could argue that IU has never had coaches as good as Snake Ames, Noble Kizer, Jack Mollenkopf, Jim Young, or Joe Tiller.

I think your perception is clouded by recent years. Purdue has had a reputation of being a passing school for years and has had a number of excellent QBs - Bob DeMoss, Len Dawson, Bob Griese, Mike Phipps, Mark Herman, Jim Everett, Drew Brees, Kyle Orton. We’ve also had a number of good ones - Gary Danielson, Curtis Painter, David Blough, Bernie Allen....

What is IU’s football legacy? Is there one besides Futility?

Has anyone from Indiana every denied that though? We, as in IU fans, know that historically Indiana has had a terrible program. But at the same time acknowledge the progress they've made the last decade. Indiana fans don't put their football program on an imaginary pedestal that doesn't exist like Purdue fans do. Purdue historically has been a very average football program in the historical landscape of the B10. They're a lower tier B10 program above Northwestern and Indiana. Again, that's not saying much.

Illinois > IU. Again, what is IU’s FB legacy besides being a perennially losing program?

Who is disagreeing with you? I'm asking where Purdue fans get their false sense of security where the program lies historically? You're a .500 career football program that has 1 B10 football championship in the last 50 years, exactly 1 more than Indiana.

Has anyone from Indiana every denied that though? We, as in IU fans, know that historically Indiana has had a terrible program. But at the same time acknowledge the progress they've made the last decade. Indiana fans don't put their football program on an imaginary pedestal that doesn't exist like Purdue fans do. Purdue historically has been a very average football program in the historical landscape of the B10. They're a lower tier B10 program above Northwestern and Indiana. Again, that's not saying much.
In the last decade IU has had 1 winning season - last season. And yet you come on our board asking Purdue fans for validation? What is wrong with you? Has IU improved? Sure, when compared to its historical ineptitude. IU is more competitive, but still has yet to beat OSU or Michigan in 30 years. Has yet to win a bowl game since 1991.

Reactions: Level 42
Who is disagreeing with you? I'm asking where Purdue fans get their false sense of security where the program lies historically? You're a .500 career football program that has 1 B10 football championship in the last 50 years, exactly 1 more than Indiana.

An IU is a career what program? How many bowl games has IU won EVER? When was the last time IU beat a ranked team? Won a bowl game? Beat OSU? Beat Michigan? IU last won a BIG title in 1967?

Purdue is an average program historically but IU is one of the worst programs in NCAA history, along with Northwestern and Rutgers.

How are we putting our program on a pedestal? Saying we’re significantly better than IU isn’t putting ourselves on a pedestal. With Tiller, we had a chance to jump into a better tier but we botched it with the next two hires. We’re middle of the road historically but are known for producing excellent QB’s and D-ends. No school has produced better NFL QB’s than Purdue.

Here are facts:

There weren't any excuses, clown. An evaluation, yes.

"outside of ... and ... and ..."

I take it you don't understand how stupid that reads.

IU ... one of THE WORST. In the HISTORY of CFB.

No matter how desperate you are, you cannot drag Purdue down to your level.

Comparison LINK

Look at the comparisons. Oops.

You're clueless.

It really boggles my mind how badly the IU fans coming here need our approval or acceptance of their football program.

Every nonsensical IU thread that gets started on a Purdue forum is validation enough. Thanks for playing.

Pretty weak response actually. But tell whatever you need to in order to help with your insecurities.
IU fans are a delusional bunch. Every year it’s “we’re turning the corner”. Lately it’s “We’re going to contend for the BIG East title”.

IU has had 1 winning season in the last 12 - last season. IU won 8 games by virtue of playing 3 pud non-conference teams and not beating 1 P5 school with a winning record. Your OC left - he was the difference for you. Since then your best OL and starting QB both transferred. Ball is out with an ACL injury. IU doesn’t have any pud non-con teams on the schedule this season. And IU fans think the Loosiers will be better this season than last record-wise? Really?

Oh c'mon. It's Purdue, but only because Alabama refuses to schedule IU.

6-4 IU the last ten meetings. Thanks DH.
Wouldn’t that be DH x 2? LOL
Good luck to all games minus Purdue. I’m sure you realize you are the proverbial turd in our punch bowl. Ha
Beat O$U

Lately it’s “We’re going to contend for the BIG East title”.

You're either drunk or can't read very well. What IU fan has once EVERY said IU was going to compete for a Big East title this year? Overreact much? Christ.

We promoted our new OC from within. Will he be as good as DeBoer? That remains to be seen. But play calling, tendencies, terminology, etc will remain about the same. Writing IU off because their OC left is egregious at best.

Our best OL transferred because he was beaten out by the true freshman who replaced him in the starting lineup 3 weeks in after getting hurt. Didn't skip a beat with Cronk out. Cronk transferred because the staff told him they were moving him to the interior line and that didn't sit well with him. I like Bedford's upside as a sophomore much more than Cronk as a 5th year. Bedford will be a top 3rd-4th rd pick when his time is called. Ramsey was IU's 2nd string QB who started after Penix got hurt. And again you aren't too bright because no IU fan has said they expected IU to win more than 8 games this year. Most think 4-5 B10 wins is realistic given that IU won 5 B10 games last year. They play Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland who all had losing records last year and project to have losing records once again this year and get an MSU team who is taken a considerable step back given the coaching change. Add in Penn State and Michigan at home who are all replacing a ton of starters and it's not out of the question at all to think IU gets 4 or 5 B10 wins before the 9th crossover game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBG
Wow, this thread just keeps on delivering. We all need some games to watch and soon. October 24th can't come soon enough!

You're either drunk or can't read very well. What IU fan has once EVERY said IU was going to compete for a Big East title this year? Overreact much? Christ.

We promoted our new OC from within. Will he be as good as DeBoer? That remains to be seen. But play calling, tendencies, terminology, etc will remain about the same. Writing IU off because their OC left is egregious at best.

Our best OL transferred because he was beaten out by the true freshman who replaced him in the starting lineup 3 weeks in after getting hurt. Didn't skip a beat with Cronk out. Cronk transferred because the staff told him they were moving him to the interior line and that didn't sit well with him. I like Bedford's upside as a sophomore much more than Cronk as a 5th year. Bedford will be a top 3rd-4th rd pick when his time is called. Ramsey was IU's 2nd string QB who started after Penix got hurt. And again you aren't too bright because no IU fan has said they expected IU to win more than 8 games this year. Most think 4-5 B10 wins is realistic given that IU won 5 B10 games last year. They play Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland who all had losing records last year and project to have losing records once again this year and get an MSU team who is taken a considerable step back given the coaching change. Add in Penn State and Michigan at home who are all replacing a ton of starters and it's not out of the question at all to think IU gets 4 or 5 B10 wins before the 9th crossover game.

You do go on your Loosier boards, right? I’ve never seen a more delusional bunch of homers than over there. Thing is on the Loosier boards anyone who says anything negative about IU gets banned. Very thin-skinned moderators. They don’t treat IU fans like that on these Purdue boards. You’d have been gone months/years ago had we moderators here like you guys have there.

You do go on your Loosier boards, right? I’ve never seen a more delusional bunch of homers than over there. Thing is on the Loosier boards anyone who says anything negative about IU gets banned. Very thin-skinned moderators. They don’t treat IU fans like that on these Purdue boards. You’d have been gone months/years ago had we moderators here like you guys have there.

Been over there many times. Show many one person who has claimed that IU was going to win the Big Ten East? You’re making things up.

Been over there many times. Show many one person who has claimed that IU was going to win the Big Ten East? You’re making things up.
Yes you do go on there and rip all of us for how bad it is over here. Don't like it then don’t come over here. IU is very worried about the 3 JV team wins they are not going to get this year, because of the Conference only schedule. I’d be worried too If I were an IU fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT