ADVERTISEMENT

IT lighting it up

14 points in the first half against the Ky all stars!
“If you aren’t going to play hard, you aren’t going to play,” Beyers said. “And it doesn’t matter who you are. I think they know how our teams play and if they weren’t going to play hard, they weren’t going to play.”

Love it. Beyers is the coach. So apparently it's a pretty good practice to show "favoritism" to players who play harder over those with more talent. The two guys Painter targeted as Plan A recruits started in this game and were the leading scorers.

BTW, the IUStar reports that Gillis is now fully cleared to play. I hope they make some room for him in the next All-Star game.
Pretty sure he said he wasn’t playing so he could focus on rehab and getting back to playing shape. That makes sense because I would hate for him to get hurt in a meaningless all star game and lose out on another year.

Let them think that. While we make another elite 8 or deeper run and they exit in the first round of the CBI..... They can try and figure out what went wrong.
This. That board has been saying the same thing for years, and a few of them have even been foolish enough to bring it to the Purdue board. How has Purdue's no-name recruits and IU's blue-blood recruits worked out for them?

Reactions: Zaphod_B and BBG
IT doesn't get the attention he deserves. Kid is a winner and a damn good pick up by CMP.
Nobody more fundamentally sound, possesses a great basketball IQ, very unselfish, does the little things and plays with a bit of a chip on his shoulder...skilled on top of it...and, just as you said...a winner...a guy that should fit in perfectly at Purdue.

This. That board has been saying the same thing for years, and a few of them have even been foolish enough to bring it to the Purdue board. How has Purdue's no-name recruits and IU's blue-blood recruits worked out for them?
“Help is On the Way, It’s Indiana”

Reactions: BoilerAndy
The great thing about IT is, he’s not going to get bent out of shape if he’s not starting, getting x amount of minutes or shots, he’s all about the team. And I’m not saying he won’t ever start.
Good point. I forgot how PJ never took a play off as a backup either. Pretty sure he was the reason we beat Illinois with 3 steals and some clutch free throws his freshman year. IT will be just the same for this team.

Good point. I forgot how PJ never took a play off as a backup either. Pretty sure he was the reason we beat Illinois with 3 steals and some clutch free throws his freshman year. IT will be just the same for this team.

Yes, he was huge in that Illinois game late in the year.

No back-down in PJT......I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's similar with IT.....looking forward to seeing his time as a Boiler and gelling with the team.

635838223549434863-Florida-Purdue-Basket-John.jpg

Yes, he was huge in that Illinois game late in the year.

No back-down in PJT......I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's similar with IT.....looking forward to seeing his time as a Boiler and gelling with the team.

635838223549434863-Florida-Purdue-Basket-John.jpg
This will always be one of my favorite memories of PJ. The Illinois big actually had Pit-Bull PJ off his feet, swinging him around, but PJ never let go until the refs broke it up and gave Purdue the possession.

Newman named player of the game.

Think the two Boilers had 8 threes together.

This surprised me due to the fact that my newspaper had a short box score that said he only had 4 points. No other details. No story either. Good to hear our 2 guys had big games Sat.

This surprised me due to the fact that my newspaper had a short box score that said he only had 4 points. No other details. No story either. Good to hear our 2 guys had big games Sat.

He was player of the game Friday @ KY. Saturday their games were limited efforts.

Reactions: Schnelk
This will always be one of my favorite memories of PJ. The Illinois big actually had Pit-Bull PJ off his feet, swinging him around, but PJ never let go until the refs broke it up and gave Purdue the possession.
It was Florida center not Illinois. I was live at the game at the mohegan sun in CT

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT