ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah in the portal

Shame. Seems like a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders and the Thompson family, in general, has been great for Purdue. He might have two years with the covid year - hopefully he can find himself a landing spot where he can start. Good luck IT!

Sounds like a good fit down south then and Woodson desperately needs guards now.
Cousinard is a big guard. 6’4” 210lb. Supposedly is a decent defender, but his offensive skillset seems to be questionable. He’s a pretty high-volume shooter and inefficient one.

Good luck IT. I hope he hasn’t been reading these boards. On the other hand did Paint have the talk with him and if so does he get any credit from the doom and gloom crowd?
This quick after you can bet Painter talked to him before anyone else.

I wish him well and thank him for giving what he did to this team.

Appreciated his effort and representing the University well as a student-athlete. Had a promising start in the early part of the season, but unfortunately, it just didn't pan out for him or the team.

Good luck to Isaiah Thompson - wishing him nothing but the best in the future.

I expected this, Cousinard from South Carolina is a name to keep an eye on, he’s from East Chicago, heard he would love to come here, we’ll see if Painter is interested.
Always seems strange when fans can't spell the names of players in their favorite team.

Reactions: Chauncey Hill
He never recovered after Iowa took his legs out from under him. Our season trajectory changed after that and his shot never seemed to be back. Wish him the best.
Purdue was never the same after that, nor was Isaiah...and, he definitely struggled with confidence after he was replaced in the lineup...natural when you feel like those that had confidence in/with you no longer do.

Great kid...as good as they come for that matter, and, an absolutely tremendous family...I know many will be happy to see him leave if that is what happens, but, while Purdue might find a guy that they feel is a better player, they absolutely won't find a guy that is a better teammate or person.

Well that will eliminate one whipping boy for the board next year.
I don't agree with the (lack of) tact that some folks use in expressing their opinions about guys who are wearing the Purdue jersey, but when a player transfers like this it validates a lot of those critiques.

Fair is fair. Are those who were chastising certain posters yesterday for making predictions about transfer guards and needing to open up roster spot now going to rail on Painter today for 'creaning'?

So that’s a bummer. He was a good shooter and efficient complement to the higher-volume, higher-profile players. 42% 3-pt shooter this season with nearly a 2-1 asst/TO ratio (not quite as high as his brother, but he did some other things well too). You need a Thompson on the team who protects the ball and makes the most of their limited shots. Even if he was in a shooting drought, such things are just temporary streaks.

Best of luck to him.

This was an easy call, not surprised at all. Hope he catches on somewhere and wins a lot of games
Who will be your next target? Braden is my guess, but it could be anyone of the guys that didn't have significant p5 offers. You should make a list and rank them so we can all be amazed at your brilliance.

I don't agree with the (lack of) tact that some folks use in expressing their opinions about guys who are wearing the Purdue jersey, but when a player transfers like this it validates a lot of those critiques.

Fair is fair. Are those who were chastising certain posters yesterday for making predictions about transfer guards and needing to open up roster spot now going to rail on Painter today for 'creaning'?
The dynamic has definitely changed now with NIL and the portal… door swings both ways I suppose.

I'm just not a fan of sub 6 ft guards that don't have elite athleticism.
So are you going to make a list? The reason we need a list is that Braden may not see the court next year depending on incoming transfers and we need someone to continue feeding your obsession. Who will it be?

His shooting did fall off the rails in Big Ten games (.345 vs. .436 overall, .318 vs. .424 on threes). Familiarity breeds contest. But he shot less than three times a game in conference play, hit 77 percent when he did get to the line and blew opponents’ minds whenever he connected from deep, thinning defenses. And playing 37 games, he had only 17 turnovers all season with twice as many assists, taking better care of the ball than anyone else. That is sure to be missed.

Last edited:
So are you going to make a list? The reason we need a list is that Braden may not see the court next year depending on incoming transfers and we need someone to continue feeding your obsession. Who will it be?
There was really only 1 name on the list and it's been taken care of. Now, if Painter doesn't go find 2 guards in the portal, that's a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT