ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the worst political hit-job ever?

Nicely timed dump. You have to give it to the democrats. It's a little sad to seed Farrow dump all journalistic integrity though. His other pieces were well sourced. This is tabloid trash. At least he had the gall to admit that it is completely uncorroborated. Honestly, sometimes you don't go to press. This was one of those times. His piece is more flimsy than the full of holes Ford piece Wapo ran with. This latest piece isn't even a he-said she said. It is an everyone-says she said piece that required Farrow and an attorney coaxing the accuser into changing her story. The piece says exactly that.

Oh well. I guess we entering a new age of politics. This is a sad time for our procedures and the integrity of our ideals. To see otherwise rational people, albeit policy adversaries, cast aside basic procedure and basic decency is saddening to say the least.

Reactions: Purdue97
These dudes have really dug themselves a hole with this dumb thread. They're going to dig in deeper over the coming days as they start the character assassination process with this new accuser.

If they rush Kav through in the next week or so, the midterms are going to be even more of a nightmare for them than they are already.

This is just the beginning of chickens coming home to roost post selling your soul to Trump.
It is kind of an important job. Either way. He deserves to clear his name or we deserve a judge that shows good judgement.

Lower than electing Trump lol.

I don't know what to think of this shit show.......But I do know saying you have 35 year old calendars that prove you didn't go to a drinking party in high school is lamer than any excuse Trump has ever come up with......and that's saying something. Just.....don't even bring that up, makes you look worse. I hope Kavanaugh uses better judgement on the court.

35 year old notes would carry more weight than 35 year old drunken memory. Notes can be corroborated much easier and so far Ford's memory is 0 for 4. Remember Roy Moore's yearbook? Did you like that? What are you trying to do here?

Last edited:
What’s shameful is trying to push through a Supreme Court nominee without a full examination of his record, as well as ignoring his past of sexual assault.

He's had a full examination. No investigation from the FBI will happen on an accusation of something that happened 35 years ago, with no witnesses and a story that changes like the weather in Indiana.
There seems to be a new political trend being used. Find a woman to accuse a political foe of sexual assault. Even though it is unverified and unreported at the time, it will create a media frenzy and tarnish the reputation of the person charged. When the claim is refuted find another woman to make similar charges also with no witnesses, not verified and not reported at the time. Lather, rinse, repeat until the public says hey maybe there is something here.

Wow...the NYT punted on the Ramirez story because they were unable to get anyone to corroborate and in fact got denials. Ramirez called around herself begging for someone to agree with her that it was even BK...not that it actually happened. Democrats then shopped it over the New Yorker and they decided to run with it.

The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.

Wow...the NYT punted on the Ramirez story because they were unable to get anyone to corroborate and in fact got denials. Ramirez called around herself begging for someone to agree with her that it was even BK...not that it actually happened. Democrats then shopped it over the New Yorker and they decided to run with it.

The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.
At this point I am tired of the back and forth that is going on with Kavanaugh-and it has become deeply political. I would prefer the FBI look into these allegations in light of the new information. I would imagine most background checks do not look into much more than your financial and employment history. A public hearing is going to be a complete circus without some solid foundation. Btw if Brett is innocent of all of the allegations it is sad that it has come to this but if he has been lying and there is substance to the allegations then it is disqualifying for you to sit on the SC.

Yup - its time to vote.

At this point I am tired of the back and forth that is going on with Kavanaugh-and it has become deeply political. I would prefer the FBI look into these allegations in light of the new information. I would imagine most background checks do not look into much more than your financial and employment history. A public hearing is going to be a complete circus without some solid foundation. Btw if Brett is innocent of all of the allegations it is sad that it has come to this but if he has been lying and there is substance to the allegations then it is disqualifying for you to sit on the SC.
There is no substance or credibility to either of these accusations. The Senate is going to allow Ford to speak but with no evidence, year, location, witnesses, reports, or anything to back up her story - just what exactly are we supposed to do with her story? You can't deny a guy a job because someone comes out of nowhere with an accusation that is completely unproven. Can you imagine what will happen with future nominees if the Senate did deny him this job based on her story? Sorry - but the FBI is not going to get involved. The libs are playing politics with sexual harassment and will do nothing but keep true victims of sex crimes from coming forward.

35 year old notes would carry more weight than 35 year old drunken memory. Notes can be corroborated much easier and so far Ford's memory is 0 for 4. Remember Roy Moore's yearbook? Did you like that? What are you trying to do here?
He kept notes on a calendar when he was 17, and he saved them for 35 years?

I assume it wasn't literally a calendar.....why would you keep that? Might have been a daily organizer type thing, but I don't know many high school age boys that use a daily organizer, let alone keep in for 35 years. But assuming all that did happen, what notes or appointments on the day of the party clears him? Unless he used it as a diary I don't know what an appointment on the night of the party proves. He could have a note saying Bible study was that night but it doesn't mean he went to it.

I'll be glad to have a Roy Moore conversation if you like. But comparing a keepsake like a yearbook to a daily organizer is silly. I still have my high school yearbooks......never even had an organizer at that age.

Ah yes. The stupid and trivial idea of innocence until proven guilty.

Innocence until proven guilty is a legal idea that obviously doesn't apply to the court of public opinion. The GOP doesn't have a leg to stand on with that argument, because they repeatedly convicted Hilary (and a host of other people with whom they disagree) in the court of public opinion without actual "beyond a shadow of a doubt" evidence.

More importantly, a Supreme Court confirmation hearing is not a trial, it is a glorified job interview. Does due process apply to a job interview? Does due process apply to confirmation hearings? (That's a real question, btw. Is there some precedent that establishes due process for these things?)

Again, I'm not a fan of the way that either party has handled this whole situation, but this is a double standard that you seem to be calling for.

Reactions: 70boiler
There is no substance or credibility to either of these accusations. The Senate is going to allow Ford to speak but with no evidence, year, location, witnesses, reports, or anything to back up her story - just what exactly are we supposed to do with her story? You can't deny a guy a job because someone comes out of nowhere with an accusation that is completely unproven.
Hence, the need for an investigation, as Bill clearly said.

He kept notes on a calendar when he was 17, and he saved them for 35 years?

I assume it wasn't literally a calendar.....why would you keep that? Might have been a daily organizer type thing, but I don't know many high school age boys that use a daily organizer, let alone keep in for 35 years. But assuming all that did happen, what notes or appointments on the day of the party clears him? Unless he used it as a diary I don't know what an appointment on the night of the party proves. He could have a note saying Bible study was that night but it doesn't mean he went to it.

I'll be glad to have a Roy Moore conversation if you like. But comparing a keepsake like a yearbook to a daily organizer is silly. I still have my high school yearbooks......never even had an organizer at that age.
He doesn't need a calendar. She doesn't know when or where it supposedly happened and the people she claims were there (wherever there is) say they know nothing about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it some point in the future we uncover that Soros paid these two. LOL!

Hence, the need for an investigation, as Bill clearly said.
There's nothing to investigate. The left only wants an investigation so that this drags out past the midterms. That's why they sat on the story for 45 days.

Innocence until proven guilty is a legal idea that obviously doesn't apply to the court of public opinion. The GOP doesn't have a leg to stand on with that argument, because they repeatedly convicted Hilary (and a host of other people with whom they disagree) in the court of public opinion without actual "beyond a shadow of a doubt" evidence.

More importantly, a Supreme Court confirmation hearing is not a trial, it is a glorified job interview. Does due process apply to a job interview? Does due process apply to confirmation hearings? (That's a real question, btw. Is there some precedent that establishes due process for these things?)

Again, I'm not a fan of the way that either party has handled this whole situation, but this is a double standard that you seem to be calling for.
You think that's fair? This Ford lady could very well be making this whole thing up but be a great actor with the ability to cry on demand. Is this really the precedent we want to set? To deny someone a job because someone accuses them of a crime and then is a good enough actor to convince someone of their story? There is zero evidence that he did this and yet you're comfortable with him not getting a promotion? Wow!

Innocence until proven guilty is a legal idea that obviously doesn't apply to the court of public opinion. The GOP doesn't have a leg to stand on with that argument, because they repeatedly convicted Hilary (and a host of other people with whom they disagree) in the court of public opinion without actual "beyond a shadow of a doubt" evidence./QUOTE]

Hillary deleted the subpoenaed evidence from her computer. That in itself is a crime. The public opinion isn't hard to sway after such actions. BTW she was never charged with destroying subpoenaed evidence. And wasn't there some residue on Monica's dress that caught Bill in a lie?
In this case there isn't even a shred of evidence to shed any doubt on Kavanaugh's innocence.
Yours was an apples and oranges comparison Pastor.

He doesn't need a calendar. She doesn't know when or where it supposedly happened and the people she claims were there (wherever there is) say they know nothing about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it some point in the future we uncover that Soros paid these two. LOL!
I'm talking about the calendar......cause Kavanaugh brought it up. Stay on point or take your talking points elsewhere.

I'm talking about the calendar......cause Kavanaugh brought it up. Stay on point or take your talking points elsewhere.
As I said - he doesn't need the calendar. You keep bringing it up and its a non issue because she can't prove her accusation. Time to vote.

There's nothing to investigate. The left only wants an investigation so that this drags out past the midterms. That's why they sat on the story for 45 days.
How would you know? Whatever is going on needs to be resolved one way or the other now. I don't think a tarnished reputation is any way for someone to be appointed. I think the gang rape thing sounds a little like Pizza gate which was completely bogus. It's a crime to lie to the FBI so I think a lot of these allegations will wither once that becomes a concern. I see no reason whatsoever that a vote should take place with these allegations-it's no fair to Kavanaugh and especially the US.

How would you know? Whatever is going on needs to be resolved one way or the other now. I don't think a tarnished reputation is any way for someone to be appointed. I think the gang rape thing sounds a little like Pizza gate which was completely bogus. It's a crime to lie to the FBI so I think a lot of these allegations will wither once that becomes a concern. I see no reason whatsoever that a vote should take place with these allegations-it's no fair to Kavanaugh and especially the US.
His reputation isn't tarnished because someone makes an allegation with zero proof. In fact, the "witnesses" that she says were there have all said she's full of crap. The only ones tarnished are the dems for sitting on this story for 45 days proving they either a)cared more about politics than this woman's claim, or b)knew her story was crap so sat on it to use it only as a delay tactic.

Even if the specific examples I used are flawed, the point still remains. Both sides commonly proclaim the guilt of their opponents well before there is anything that approaches due process. The presumption of innocence is nonexistent in the court of public opinion - for anyone.

That's not a good thing, but it is the way it is.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
His reputation isn't tarnished because someone makes an allegation with zero proof. In fact, the "witnesses" that she says were there have all said she's full of crap. The only ones tarnished are the dems for sitting on this story for 45 days proving they either a)cared more about politics than this woman's claim, or b)knew her story was crap so sat on it to use it only as a delay tactic.
You don't think that unproven innuendo will haunt Kavanaugh...come on. I feel bad for his family, especially his daughters.

You don't think that unproven innuendo will haunt Kavanaugh...come on. I feel bad for his family, especially his daughters.
Oh sure - wild accusations often stay with those who were accused. I've said many times that his daughters are the real victims of these accusations.

How much you want to be that Ford never testifies? Her attorney will find another reason to delay...which is all this is about. Postpone, delay, and etc.

Last edited:

what is the timeline for her to be prosecuted for false claims?

what is the timeline for her to be prosecuted for false claims?
That's the beauty of these 35 year old accusations - they can't be proven or disproven. They only serve to sway a few senate votes or delay the process.

That's the beauty of these 35 year old accusations - they can't be proven or disproven. They only serve to sway a few senate votes or delay the process.

I would expect a lawsuit if they are false claims.

trump sued a comedian when asked to provide proof he was not part-orangutan. if that deserves a lawsuit/penalty, then surely these claims would in comparison.

Reactions: Bill4411

I would expect a lawsuit if they are false claims.

trump sued a comedian when asked to provide proof he was not part-orangutan. if that deserves a lawsuit/penalty, then surely these claims would in comparison.
Um yeah - I don’t see Kavanaugh suing this lady once he’s on the Supreme Court. Best to just let her 15 minutes run out.

Um yeah - I don’t see Kavanaugh suing this lady once he’s on the Supreme Court. Best to just let her 15 minutes run out.

that sends entirely the wrong/backwards message. without a deterrence, it would all but encourage more of this going forward.

Last edited:
that sends entirely the wrong/backwards message. without a deterrence, it would all but encourage more of this going forward.

otherwise I guess that implies it does little/no harm to him/reputation.
You think suing Ford is going to stop liberal activists from fabricating stories in an attempt to block conservative judges from being confirmed? Please tell me more. LOL!

You think suing Ford is going to stop liberal activists from fabricating stories in an attempt to block conservative judges from being confirmed? Please tell me more. LOL!

yes - successfully suing/winning

significant monetary fines + jail time is typically a deterrent for far greater crimes.
if that isnt sufficient, what would you suggest then

yes - successfully suing/winning

significant monetary fines + jail time is typically a deterrent for far greater crimes.
if that isnt sufficient, what would you suggest then
Was jail time enough to deter people from disrupting the senate hearings day after day? Of course not - especially when Soros is paying people to do it. I've been watching liberal activists commit crimes and go to jail my entire life. Jail time has NEVER deterred a single one of them. In fact, I would argue that liberals committing crimes in the name of politics has skyrocketed in the past two years. No reason to think that won't continue.

Last edited:
BoilerBiker - this is for you: the libs only care about winning as Senator Harry Reid admitted at the end of this video. And you think a little jail time is going to deter them. LOL!

Was jail time enough to deter people from disrupting the senate hearings day after day? Of course not - especially when Soros is paying people to do it. I've been watching liberal activists commit crimes and go to jail my entire life. Jail time has NEVER deterred a single one of them. In fact, I would argue that liberals committing crimes in the name of politics has skyrocketed in the past two years. No reason to think that won't continue.

don't understand equating the punishment for protests to punishment for false sexual accusations. this recent random example... the woman was sentenced to 1 year in jail.
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3681990/posts

so if you say jail time isn't enough... then the death penalty? i'm not clear what you're suggesting.

although you may be right in a way. if we think back and include non-liberals like bombings/killings of the 90s, no punishment seemed to deter them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegionWarrior101
Lower than electing Trump lol.

I don't know what to think of this shit show.......But I do know saying you have 35 year old calendars that prove you didn't go to a drinking party in high school is lamer than any excuse Trump has ever come up with......and that's saying something. Just.....don't even bring that up, makes you look worse. I hope Kavanaugh uses better judgement on the court.

I thought that strange too. Only reason I know what I did the last four weekends let alone 2oish years ago as a teen is that I know I went to Purdue football games. Even then, ask me specifics of where I ate, what I visited, parked, etc, and I would be hard pressed to remember those details to specific weekends, have to look at cc statements, and/or ask people.

Only thing I thought of that might help him here is if it was something his mom kept and/or they were all but out of town that entire summer.

Yes, I am aware of that but I thought that 30+ years ago prep schools were more vigilant about these things - probably thought that because I went to public schools.

Eh, grew up on east coast and due to sports I played I hung out with a lot of the prep school scene. Picture teen kids that have access to a lot of money, the pipeline of drugs that went up and down the entire east coast(I95), and the same level of supervision, if not less, as college.

Obviously have no idea what Kavanaugh did or did not do, although I am very skeptical of claims. That said, these stories that are circulating, are very very tame compared to what happened in the bigger cities and down at the east coast shores with prep school students. Drugs galore, strippers, lots of sex, police escorts to and from parties that were held at well off/well connected parents houses-all true.

During the summer and football season it occurred weekly. For winter and spring break large groups of students would go to an area where a number of parents had vacation houses. The rest of the year, maybe three months, was a bit more tame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT