ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the worst political hit-job ever?

The partying and alcohol/drug use is not limited to prep schools. Its at every school. As my daughters say when describing some of their classmates, "Oh, they're in the party crowd." Party = alcohol, drugs, or both. In fact, the party group at the high school my youngest attends just got broken up by the parents because the kids were putting pictures of the parties on their story - which I think refers to snapchat. One of the parents saw the pictures and alerted the other parents. Party over!
Yes, I am aware of that but I thought that 30+ years ago prep schools were more vigilant about these things - probably thought that because I went to public schools.

I think the benefit of the hearings is that it gives the impression, at least, of propriety. IMHO, the worst thing that could happen right now would be for Kavanaugh to be confirmed over the top of this, without anything further being done.

I say that as someone who is not a huge fan of Kavanaugh and would rather he not be confirmed. But I don't want to see a confirmation derailed this way. Just like when the Dems changed the vote threshold for federal judges, there will almost certainly be unintended consequences down the road.

What I struggle with in this whole climate is the fact that mere accusation is enough to destroy a person's career. I am a minister - if someone in my church accuses me of sexual misconduct, it almost doesn't matter if I am innocent or guilty. I immediately become toxic and almost certainly lose any chance at continuing as a pastor. That's a problem.

But it's a problem I don't know how to solve, because there is validity to the arguments that are made in favor of giving accusers the benefit of the doubt. It's a thicket, to be sure.
Hard to swallow, but the problem is we have a lot of people that can't think...totally emotional. The masses grow, people are not informed and have been indoctrinated for some time. It doesn't have to be this...it is everywhere with its face on many things. Government schools have failed in many areas. I'm still trying to figure out the need for hate crime over the same crime. Actually, no that was figured out a long time ago and manifested in many fronts with long term intent. It is what it is...I fear for the Republic.

I just read about Justice Douglas Ginsburg, a Reagan nominee, who withdrew after it came out that he had used marijuana. I suspect that would not disqualify him today.

I just read about Justice Douglas Ginsburg, a Reagan nominee, who withdrew after it came out that he had used marijuana. I suspect that would not disqualify him today.
Perhaps we should start a poll - at what age did you become ineligible to be a Supreme Court Justice?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Couple things. There is no "precedent set" with regard to Thomas. CT and AH were federal employees, working in a federal capacity, and the alleged event occurred in a federal building on federal land. Thus, the FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation investigated a FEDERAL crime. The FBI doesn't investigate high school kids in private residences for STATE crimes. The FBI released two statements regarding this fact. If someone is trying to tell you otherwise, beware. They may be lying.

This woman's demands of the senate are above and beyond ridiculous and should clue any rational individual in as to what is going on here.

First, she demands that the defense testifies first. This one is simply laughable. Hopefully, if you are a democrat, you understand why.

Second, she is demanding a single camera and that the accused not be present. Again, absolutely absurd and hopefully democrats know why.

Third, she is demanding the subpoena of others. Sorry, this isn't how this works. You don't make demands of the committee like this. I mean, the committee has subpoena power itself. Get a grip.

Fourth, she is demanding that the hearings are delayed because she refuses to travel by plane. She can't be there Monday because she wants to drive from Cali to DC. Get the **** out here with this shit.

This is a farce. This is a new low for the Democratic party.

We won't even get into the LITERAL McCarthyism being put on display by Gillibrand and Hirono. That isn't hyperbole, they LITERALLY said prove your innocence.

Very scary times.

Last edited:
Couple things. There is no "precedent set" with regard to Thomas. CT and AH were federal employees, working in a federal capacity, and the alleged event occurred in a federal building on federal land. Thus, the FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation investigated a FEDERAL crime. The FBI doesn't investigate high school kids in private residences for STATE crimes. The FBI released two statements regarding this fact. If someone is trying to tell you otherwise, beware. They may be lying.

This woman's demands of the senate are above and beyond ridiculous and should clue any rational individual in as to what is going on here.

First, she demands that the defense testifies first. This one is simply laughable. Hopefully, if you are a democrat, you understand why.

Second, she is demanding a single camera and that the accused not be present. Again, absolutely absurd and hopefully democrats know why.

Third, she is demanding the subpoena of others. Sorry, this isn't how this works. You don't make demands of the committee like this. I mean, the committee has subpoena power itself. Get a grip.

Fourth, she is demanding that the hearings are delayed because she refuses to travel by plane. She can't be there Monday because she wants to drive from Cali to DC. Get the **** out here with this shit.

We won't even get into the LITERAL McCarthyism being put on display by Gillibrand and Hirono. That isn't hyperbole, they LITERALLY said prove your innocence.

Very scary times.

Really stupid and trivial criticisms.

Ah yes. The stupid and trivial idea of innocence until proven guilty. That pesky hundreds of year old precedent where the prosecution goes first...so you know...you can DEFEND yourself. That pesky old white man patriarchy position where you get to face your accuser.

Pay attention to who is saying what and ask yourself why they want to throw all of western law into the trash.

Best case scenario, they are emotional young adults lacking a grasp on basic law and society.

Um, has he been convicted of anything? I thought you were an intellectual? STUNNED that you would get this concept so incredibly wrong.

Very scary times.
Lol. It wouldn't be a criminal investigation.......just as it wasn't for Anita Hill. It is simply an additional background investigation and the president can order it......just as Bush did. Not sure wtf you're ranting about

Reactions: miksta
Ah yes. The stupid and trivial idea of innocence until proven guilty. That pesky hundreds of year old precedent where the prosecution goes first...so you know...you can DEFEND yourself. That pesky old white man patriarchy position where you get to face your accuser.

Pay attention to who is saying what and ask yourself why they want to throw all of western law into the trash.

Best case scenario, they are emotional young adults lacking a grasp on basic law and society.

Derp. "Young ppl is so ignant. We doomed!"

Do better.

Last edited:

I suspect that you are aware that the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" has application in the criminal system through the guilt phase. It doesn't even apply in post guilt phases of criminal law such as probation revocations.
The Senate proceeding is neither criminal nor in any sense a trial but a confirmation proceeding. The concept essentially being "Should we hire this guy?"
I've never come across a hiring procedure that applied an "innocent until proven guilty" standard, nor do I believe it should apply here. It would be interesting to see the hiring procedure where a bank is hiring a trust officer who is accused of stealing by an old acquaintance who passed a polygraph that they got away with stealing from an employer 25 years earlier.

Reactions: Bill4411
I suspect that you are aware that the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" has application in the criminal system through the guilt phase. It doesn't even apply in post guilt phases of criminal law such as probation revocations.
The Senate proceeding is neither criminal nor in any sense a trial but a confirmation proceeding. The concept essentially being "Should we hire this guy?"
I've never come across a hiring procedure that applied an "innocent until proven guilty" standard, nor do I believe it should apply here. It would be interesting to see the hiring procedure where a bank is hiring a trust officer who is accused of stealing by an old acquaintance who passed a polygraph that they got away with stealing from an employer 25 years earlier.

This isn't a probation issue. Just stop.

Senate judiciary hearings follow common proceedings. This would be unprecedented according to hundreds of years of law and senate procedures. You may be the first attorney ever that would suggest the accused testify before the accuser. Stop with the apples to bagels analogies.

This isn't a probation issue. Just stop.

Senate judiciary hearings follow common proceedings. This would be unprecedented according to hundreds of years of law and senate procedures. You may be the first attorney ever that would suggest the accused testify before the accuser. Stop with the apples to bagels analogies.
Sorry that I wasn't clearer i realize it'snot a probation situation, was only indicating that standards even in crim system change. I certainly wasn't suggesting that Kavanaugh should go first. I agree that is a silly request.

Sorry that I wasn't clearer i realize it'snot a probation situation, was only indicating that standards even in crim system change. I certainly wasn't suggesting that Kavanaugh should go first. I agree that is a silly request.

Standards in "crim system" change.

What are we missing here? Come on. A...begins with....

Thanks for coming around to the law though. :)

Last edited:
This is interesting:
Committee source says they’ve contacted five people alleged to be at party. 4 deny any knowledge of the party and allegations. 5th person - Dr. Ford - is the only one who has not provided them a statement.

Atty for person alleged to be at party: “Simply put, [my client] does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

This is interesting:
Committee source says they’ve contacted five people alleged to be at party. 4 deny any knowledge of the party and allegations. 5th person - Dr. Ford - is the only one who has not provided them a statement.

Atty for person alleged to be at party: “Simply put, [my client] does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

If I had been at the party I think I would deny everything as anyone who says anything will be dragged into a circus of media coverage and be asked to testify, etc. One would have to hire an attorney, etc. plus possible death threats and ?. That one woman who came forward [I don't think it is the one you are quoting???] and said something is now saying she knows nothing either way [will look for a link] She also said she had no idea of the amount of media coverage that would be involved and that she was almost immediately contacted by over 50 media people. It strikes me as almost impossible to know the truth now.

The "truth" (impossible to determine here) is that this was a hit job from beginning to end with the accuser employing the same firm that struck Bork and Thomas. Jesus Christ, Hirono said he is guilty for no other reason than that he is a conservative. 0 for 4 in the witness department. Schumer actually said "any means necessary".

This is low point for our country. Lower than electing Trump.

Hey look! Another 11th hour woman.

Last edited:
The truth is that this was a hit job from beginning to end with the accuser employing the same firm that struck Bork and Thomas. Jesus Christ, Hirono said he is guilty for no other reason than that he is a conservative. 0 for 4 in the witness department.

Lower than electing Trump lol.

I don't know what to think of this shit show.......But I do know saying you have 35 year old calendars that prove you didn't go to a drinking party in high school is lamer than any excuse Trump has ever come up with......and that's saying something. Just.....don't even bring that up, makes you look worse. I hope Kavanaugh uses better judgement on the court.

Lower than electing Trump lol.

I don't know what to think of this shit show.......But I do know saying you have 35 year old calendars that prove you didn't go to a drinking party in high school is lamer than any excuse Trump has ever come up with......and that's saying something. Just.....don't even bring that up, makes you look worse. I hope Kavanaugh uses better judgement on the court.
It is possible. My father (a '55 Purdue grad) still has his books from college and every possible piece of paper from his career at Detroit Diesel Allison. You and I think that's crazy and impossible. Guys like my father say, "You never know when you're going to need those materials."

If I had been at the party I think I would deny everything as anyone who says anything will be dragged into a circus of media coverage and be asked to testify, etc. One would have to hire an attorney, etc. plus possible death threats and ?. That one woman who came forward [I don't think it is the one you are quoting???] and said something is now saying she knows nothing either way [will look for a link] She also said she had no idea of the amount of media coverage that would be involved and that she was almost immediately contacted by over 50 media people. It strikes me as almost impossible to know the truth now.
I hope you're never forced to deny an allegation only to face a jury of people like you who think there must be some nefarious reason for your denial...other than the fact that you didn't do what you're being accused of.

The truth is that this was a hit job from beginning to end with the accuser employing the same firm that struck Bork and Thomas. Jesus Christ, Hirono said he is guilty for no other reason than that he is a conservative.

Cool. Glad you have a lie-detecting super power. Makes it easy for the rest of us!

How many assaulted women are going to hesitate to come forward with their experiences because of nefarious narratives like the one you're pushing?

Of course, you find Kavanaugh to be a more sympathetic figure than David Hogg, a Parkland teenaged survivor, whom you once suggested deserved the various hit jobs that were sent his way. *shrug*

Cool. Glad you have a lie-detecting super power. Makes it easy for the rest of us!

How many assaulted women are going to hesitate to come forward with their experiences because of nefarious narratives like the one you're pushing?

Of course, you find Kavanaugh to be a more sympathetic figure than David Hogg, a Parkland teenaged survivor, whom you once suggested deserved the various hit jobs that were sent his way. *shrug*

I hope no assulted woman hesitates to come forward. If Ford hadn’t hesitated for 35 years, we wouldn’t be in this Statist party created circus. I also hope assulted women don’t go to their senators when their assulted.

Reactions: Purdue97
The left has no shame. New allegation that shockingly no one else says happened.

“Ramirez admitted to the New Yorker that she does not fully remember the alleged incident because she had been drinking at the time. The magazine also reports that Ramirez spent six days "carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney" before telling the full version of her story.”

It’s time to vote!

The left has no shame. New allegation that shockingly no one else says happened.

“Ramirez admitted to the New Yorker that she does not fully remember the alleged incident because she had been drinking at the time. The magazine also reports that Ramirez spent six days "carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney" before telling the full version of her story.”

It’s time to vote!

What’s shameful is trying to push through a Supreme Court nominee without a full examination of his record, as well as ignoring his past of sexual assault.

Reactions: miksta
I hope no assulted woman hesitates to come forward. If Ford hadn’t hesitated for 35 years, we wouldn’t be in this Statist party created circus. I also hope assulted women don’t go to their senators when their assulted.

Maybe you should consider *why* women hesitate...rather than layering an additional layer of shame on top of them for finally having the courage to come forward, in spite of the obvious right wing hit jobs that were inevitable.

Hey guys. Avenatti is claiming that BK was the king of a rape gang in high school that would get women drunk/high and arrange trains.

Serious stuff guys. Much bad.

It’s time to vote!

What’s shameful is trying to push through a Supreme Court nominee without a full examination of his record, as well as ignoring his past of sexual assault.
Who is pushing it through? Ford and her activist attorneys are coming up with every excuse imaginable to not testify. The senate wants her to talk and she’s purposely delaying the process in a purely political move.

Time to vote!

Hey guys. Avenatti is claiming that BK was the king of a rape gang in high school that would get women drunk/high and arrange trains.

Serious stuff guys. Much bad.
They’re still pissed that Hillary lost.

We have a 2nd woman from Yale who has come forward about an incident in college. Might as well hear these people out.

These dudes have really dug themselves a hole with this dumb thread. They're going to dig in deeper over the coming days as they start the character assassination process with this new accuser.

If they rush Kav through in the next week or so, the midterms are going to be even more of a nightmare for them than they are already.

This is just the beginning of chickens coming home to roost post selling your soul to Trump.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT