ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

It’s time to see the next qb up before the game gets away from us. AOC has made some exciting plays but he has been extremely lucky that he has only thrown two picks

Reactions: boilerpt
That's a terrible in the red zone pass, that's the difference between winning programs and one's that hope to win. That can't happen!

Reactions: purduepat1969
That's a terrible in the red zone pass, that's the difference between winning programs and one's that hope to win. That can't happen!

Players at those programs know that things will be very uncomfortable for them if they do things like that. So miraculously.. it happens less.

The d doesn’t look great, but they’re playing in the range I was expecting. If the offense was playing like I expected the defense would be sufficient to win

I think he's playing because he is actually goosd great run right there
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Iowa is running it down Purdue's throat. Partially because of their OL. But they also have at least 2 very good running backs. We haven't seen that for the past couple of seasons. Horvath is just too too slow to hit the hole, regardless of what our OL does. And it shows in our rushing numbers today. It's simply obvious when you watch the game.

Ok so we have it on the 1. Let’s gain four yards on first down then throw it deep and end up in 3rd and 6

We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Iowa is running it down Purdue's throat. Partially because of their OL. But they also have at least 2 very good running backs. We haven't seen that for the past couple of seasons. Horvath is just too too slow to hit the hole, regardless of what our OL does. And it shows in our rushing numbers today. It's simply obvious when you watch the game.
I don’t get the Horvath love either. Good player but if he is your every down back, you haven’t identified talent very well.

Without Bell AOC doesn’t start the second half.
Horvath is our number two back. He’s not starting over Doerue. I’m fine with him being the starter TODAY, I just wish we would give the freshman a few touches to change up the pace

Reactions: purduepat1969
Without Bell AOC doesn’t start the second half.
Horvath is our number two back. He’s not starting over Doerue. I’m fine with him being the starter TODAY, I just wish we would give the freshman a few touches to change up the pace
I'm still trying to figure out why Hewitt hasn't been given any touches. What the hell is this coaching staff doing?

Reactions: AugustaBoiler90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT