ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

Who cares if he's a walk-on or not? If he is the best player start him! I can see how it could be a recruiting issue, but maybe he was just underrecruited... or maybe he's REALLY developed... If he's the best player, start him - and give him a chance! If he doesn't pan out, fine, but there is no reason to have an anti-walkon bias when he is playing the best of available options.

The point is, Plummer has way better measurables. If he’s not beating O’Connell out, that means the coaches are failing when it comes to developing recruited talent. Ditto Thienemann and horvath. Graham looks lost so I have a hard time believing they couldn’t do better.

Really disappointed in the defense so far... incredibly soft. Rookie Iowa QB has all day to throw and the secondary giving the "patented" 10 yard cushions. I don't think Petras has had to throw under pressure at all other than that one sack.

AOC has been decent but wouldn't mind seeing Plummer or Burton...c'mon boilers

Who cares if he's a walk-on or not? If he is the best player start him! I can see how it could be a recruiting issue, but maybe he was just underrecruited... or maybe he's REALLY developed... If he's the best player, start him - and give him a chance! If he doesn't pan out, fine, but there is no reason to have an anti-walkon bias when he is playing the best of available options.
He could have had 3 interceptions on 3 very bad throws in the first half. He also allowed himself to get sacked at the one yard line and missed a WIDE open Bell for a sure TD. You gotta get rid of the ball deep in your own territory. I'm not sure what you see in the guy? I just don't see it.

It’s going to happen. I used to make fun of Allen because he ruined BD, but dude is legit good

Maybe some of these “come on, of course horvath, Thienemann and O’Connell should be starting for a coach who turns a program around in year 4” types will change their tune after IU fans they know give them the business all week.

Maybe the standard will be higher than “come on, I’m sure he’s a nice guy”

According to players and coaches in interviews, our defense is designed to stop big plays. First half = 15 plays of 7 yards or more.

Reactions: purduepat1969
According to players and coaches in interviews, our defense is designed to stop big plays. First half = 15 plays of 7 yards or more.
This secondary is just bad. If Thienemen is the "vocal leader", they need to put someone in who isn't "vocal". I'm unimpressed to say the least...

Reactions: boilerpt
He could have had 3 interceptions on 3 very bad throws in the first half. He also allowed himself to get sacked at the one yard line and missed a WIDE open Bell for a sure TD. You gotta get rid of the ball deep in your own territory. I'm not sure what you see in the guy? I just don't see it.

I’m not even saying O’Connell isn’t an asset to the program/doing his best/a player who brings some damn good attributes to the field. This is on the coaches not O’Connell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT