ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Tweet

I saw this tweet. I recall when Painter said Bryson Scott was winning everything in practice as a Freshman and so he had no choice but to play him. He ended up transferring but I think it’ll be different for Braden cause he is more of a pure PG.
Bryson Scott. Now that's a name I haven't thought about for sometime.

Reactions: Schnelk
I though he came back and joined the practice later in the week.

Then, my guess is that the playmaker #2 is Braden, and #3 for Loyer.
With these assessment, the backcourt may be quite capable.

I know who my lawyer will be for next few years!

Love it.

Boiler Up!!

Reactions: TX4GB
Tre Demps noticing Braden Smith as the leader in practice. Smith will be a big time player he said. He also liked our team chemistry. His question of the team is that we have 1, maybe 2 playmakers.
Going to be a better version of Carson Cunningham.

And Carson Cunningham was pretty dang solid.

Sticking with Purdue's version of Ryan Arcidiacono.

Reactions: Schnelk
I think maybe a comparison to Chris Kremer might be more accurate. The toughest SOB on the court, beat you from his knees, kick your as type?
That's pretty good. Braden will be a better 3-point shooter and passer than Kramer.

Braden appears to have it all. He can score the ball like Cunningham did in a variety of ways.

This might be the kid that leads Purdue to its 3rd Final Four.

That's pretty good. Braden will be a better 3-point shooter and passer than Kramer.

Braden appears to have it all. This might be the kid that leads Purdue to its 3rd Final Four.
Can't be. He doesn't have enough stars by his name or P5 offers.

Kidding aside, I can't wait to see all the new players. It should be a lot of fun.

I though he came back and joined the practice later in the week.

Then, my guess is that the playmaker #2 is Braden, and #3 for Loyer.
With these assessment, the backcourt may be quite capable.

I know who my lawyer will be for next few years!

Love it.

Boiler Up!!
Fletcher seems like a good dude. Loyer Up. I like hearing about the team chemistry.

Watched some games of Loyer; him and Braden can be a real joy to watch in no time.
These two can be a very nice one-two punch on backcourt for us.
They will surely complement our strong frontcourt very well.

More reasons for high expectations

I really feel we will have more/better team players/chemistry this year.

Boiler Up!!

Tre Demps noticing Braden Smith as the leader in practice. Smith will be a big time player he said. He also liked our team chemistry. His question of the team is that we have 1, maybe 2 playmakers.
Will be interesting to see if we can survive without playmaking depth. When you have potentially the most dominant scorer in this millennium of college basketball when he’s on the court + the first true point guard Purdue has had in a long time, maybe you can survive without a Carsen or Ivey. Wish we had a guy like that, but our guards at least seem to have an ideal skill set relative to their talent to optimize for team performance even if they might be below average versus what we’re used to

Will be interesting to see if we can survive without playmaking depth. When you have potentially the most dominant scorer in this millennium of college basketball when he’s on the court + the first true point guard Purdue has had in a long time, maybe you can survive without a Carsen or Ivey
Well, how about Braden as CE2 and Loyer as Kline2?
What's stopping them?
They both do have that desire and skill set (homer's opinion) to achieve that.
Plus, we have almost unstoppable hulk with interchangeable players in the middle.
Furst and TKR, MG, just to name a few.
This has a S16 team written all over it, by the NCAA time.

Talents on this team is probably the best in long time.
Just wait what this talent level can do with a kick of MP's over-achieving potion.
Once they start clicking, we may see the dream come true.

Boiler Up!!

Now here is something I could agree with. Based on what Painter is saying you may be right!

If he can be Aaron Craft it would be phenomenal! Great leader, defender and assist man. Average scorer and not much of a rebounder. Hmm........

Well, how about Braden as CE2 and Loyer as Kline2?
What's stopping them?
They both do have that desire and skill set (homer's opinion) to achieve that.
Plus, we have almost unstoppable hulk with interchangeable players in the middle.
Furst and TKR, MG, just to name a few.
This has a S16 team written all over it, by the NCAA time.

Talents on this team is probably the best in long time.
Just wait what this talent level can do with a kick of MP's over-achieving potion.
Once they start clicking, we may see the dream come true.

Boiler Up!!
CE was an elite athlete and shooter. Not sure I'd be making that comparison yet.

He's a much better shooter than Craft. But there are some similarities in the way they play the game. If he can be the defensive pain in the ass that Craft was, I'll take that all day.
I just think he is closer to Skiles. Both leaders but Craft D>O and Skiles O>D (and not that either was bad at the other) and I think Braden will be more O than D even if he defers scoring to running the team.

I like what he said about chemistry. Last year, the talent was great, but the team didn’t really gel as well as some of the other Purdue teams in recent memory. My gut says that this team will be really sound as a unit, more like the Dakota Mathias/Vince Edwards teams.

As far as playmakers, I totally get what he was saying. The closest thing that I can see to a true playmaker on this team is Smith. That said, as long as Edey is in the game drawing double teams, Purdue might have enough high skilled team guys to run a great offense.

I am a little concerned about the defense, though. Good chemistry will help, but I don’t see a lot of great individual defenders.

Fletcher seems like a good dude. Loyer Up. I like hearing about the team chemistry.

He's got to work on the hair just a bit.

giphy.gif

I like what he said about chemistry. Last year, the talent was great, but the team didn’t really gel as well as some of the other Purdue teams in recent memory. My gut says that this team will be really sound as a unit, more like the Dakota Mathias/Vince Edwards teams.

As far as playmakers, I totally get what he was saying. The closest thing that I can see to a true playmaker on this team is Smith. That said, as long as Edey is in the game drawing double teams, Purdue might have enough high skilled team guys to run a great offense.

I am a little concerned about the defense, though. Good chemistry will help, but I don’t see a lot of great individual defenders.
I believe from now on D will rarely be as good as O from a talent perspective. I'm not counting bad O making D worse that could happen...just that Matt leans to skill over athleticism a bit and very good D requires individual D within the team D and individual D is enhanced by athleticism. I "think" this team will be fine after some experience if Zach is not playing or getting doubled.

That said I am specifically concerned this year and in the future about containing the dribble. That is probably the most important variable for good D in many teams...and certainly Purdue

Craft was a decent player. High energy guy that liked to defend. Wasn't a talented scorer. But I think he gets highly overrated by many. He was on some really good teams with a lot of great individual players and a top tier coach. Was never even close to the most talented guy on any team he played on at OSU. That's fine if Braden ends up being that type of player as long as we surround him with the talent to carry the load.

Is that mean Braden will learn to successfully shoot over these taller trees at a higher clip?
Great, he has one 7'4", a 7'2".6'10", 6'9", and bunches of 6'7 and 6'8"s to practice on!
Can't wait to see what his shot trajectories will be in real actions.

Show who is the daddy to UofI frosh next year!

Boiler Up!!

Let us be, in a euphoria a bit longer about 3 weeks..
Will be ready by when the season starts, whatever the season will throw at us..

After all, nothing wrong with a bit of Optimism on this board, esp of late.

Geaux Boilers!!

I’m just excited to see how the new players gel with the existing team. Like Fletcher said, it’s nice to have fans that care. I was looking at the number of views that Tre Demps had on the Purdue review video, close to 12000. It’s like throwing chum in the shark tank. The Iowa team review, 150.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT