ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Tweet

Don't sleep on Mr. Heide.

wave.gif
Hopefully he's not Jekyll and Heide when it comes to shooting that thang...

Never underestimate how many people on here or on KHC are not intelligent about basketball.
Dior Johnson was arrested for assault and suspended from Pitt basketball until the investigation is complete..... reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Both Smith and Loyer will be great players for us. I don't know why so many are butt hurt about this. Just because you are 6' white guy does not mean you cannot be really good at basketball.
There's lots of 6' white guys who are good at basketball. It depends on whether they're good at basketball at the highest level of competition. (thus, why there's not a lot of 6' white guys in the NBA).

Both Smith and Loyer will be great players for us. I don't know why so many are butt hurt about this. Just because you are 6' white guy does not mean you cannot be really good at basketball.
Define "great".
Who would you consider to be 'great' on the current roster?

I wish I could attend the scrimmage. Just don't know enough about Heide to begin to have an idea of where he is...
I really like Heide. Very good athlete, great hops. Reminds me of that kid from Wis, Dekker.

Reactions: DAG10
Heide was highly-rated and touted pre-injury...definitely long and athletic, and, he could be a very nice revelation...not sure that we will see it this year, but, I do feel like he has a bright future and a chance to be a really good player at/for Purdue.
My personal favorite recruit out of this class. I think he has potential to be a cut above the rest.

IPFW wasn't it?
Yes it was. My recollection is just not that sharp when it comes to the specifics of non-Purdue basketball. I just remember that little directional school embarrassed the hell out of mighty IU, and did it two years running. Scott was a big part of those upsets. He was competitive as all hell on the court and won games for his team they should not have won..

Reactions: Schnelk and DAG10
Yes it was. My recollection is just not that sharp when it comes to the specifics of non-Purdue basketball. I just remember that little directional school embarrassed the hell out of mighty IU, and did it two years running. Scott was a big part of those upsets. He was competitive as all hell on the court and won games for his team they should not have won..

That was the younger Scott, right? And the older one beat them playing for Indiana State? Might have most of that wrong... maybe all of it, lol. But I think the Scott Brothers were 5-0 against the mighty Hoosiers.

That was the younger Scott, right? And the older one beat them playing for Indiana State? Might have most of that wrong... maybe all of it, lol. But I think the Scott Brothers were 5-0 against the mighty Hoosiers.
Bryson and Brenton are twins...Bryson and IPFW beat Indinia, and, two weeks later, Brenton and ISU did the same...fun times.

Bryson was a good player, and, as noted (and similar to Smith)...ultra-competitive.

Actually 6-0. Bryson Scott (5-0) with 3 wins while at Purdue in '14 and twice in '15 (the second one in Bloomington in the Jon the Baptist game) and then two more with Fort Wayne in '17 and '18.

Brenton Scott (whose Indiana State team also beat Butler) won at Indiana in '17.

Three of those six wins were in Bloomington, one in Fort Wayne, and two in West Lafayette, so generously spreading it throughout the State of Indiana.

Last edited:
I really like Heide. Very good athlete, great hops. Reminds me of that kid from Wis, Dekker.
Wasn't dekker about 6'11" or so? His height for his skill is what made Dekker...Dekker. I hope Heide is great...and the sooner the better for that 3 spot rotation with a couple of others...

Wasn't dekker about 6'11" or so? His height for his skill is what made Dekker...Dekker. I hope Heide is great...and the sooner the better for that 3 spot rotation with a couple of others...

Am thinking 6'8" or maybe 6'9", but I won't use this same internet to verify lol. Also think he was maybe a top 25 or so recruit?

Reactions: tjreese

6'8" but definitely taller than Cameron Heide.....Sam Dekker was also a (5*) in the 2012 recruiting class ranked in the top 15/20.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAG10 and tjreese
I think there is just one, maybe two, very vocal and verbose posters here that don’t get it. Please don’t paint me with that brush. I’ve been excited about these guards since we signed them.
:cool:
On KHC it's the same people who want MP out because he's not a FF coach. Shocking.

Dior Johnson was arrested for assault and suspended from Pitt basketball until the investigation is complete..... reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
I never said ANYTHING about this Johnson dude. Actually I've never heard of him.

Could be, but my reading comprehension must be bad too (I'm old, so probably true) as I have no clue what your beef is with Tony.
I responded with and an arrest record to this because Dior Johnson was just arrested for assault. Tony replied that I am unintelligent about sports.

Smith has all of the intangibles, and yet some people would trade him for some 5 star like Dior Johnson who went to 10 high schools and committed to 3 colleges just because he has a higher vertical and has a better mixtape. It’s crazy

I responded with and an arrest record to this because Dior Johnson was just arrested for assault. Tony replied that I am unintelligent about sports.
Again, I could be wrong, but I believe he meant the people that want players like Dior are unintelligent. At least that's the way I interpreted his comment.

again proving my point that you struggle with reading comprehension.
Tony posted about KHC people and their general lack of knowledge about the sport. In response, you posted something about this Johnson character, and his arrest record. I don't like disparaging anybody here, but... It just might be you that is struggling with reading comprehension. Maybe you should re-read the thread? Maybe I should too, but this doesn't make sense to me. I'm just not catching the disagreement. If anything, I think you and Tony are in agreement about this Dion character.

Last edited:
Tony posted about KHC people and their general lack of knowledge about the sport. In response, you posted something about this Johnson character, and his arrest record. I don't like disparaging anybody here, but... It just might be you that is struggling with reading comprehension. Maybe you should re-read the thread? Maybe I should too, but this doesn't make sense to me. I'm just not catching the disagreement. If anything, I think you and Tony are in agreement about this Dion character.
And, Dion's character...

If anything, I am surprised he has not found his way to Gloomington.

Tre Demps noticing Braden Smith as the leader in practice. Smith will be a big time player he said. He also liked our team chemistry. His question of the team is that we have 1, maybe 2 playmakers.

This confirms the Painter's assessment of Braden.
When in doubt, trust Painter.
'Nuff with armchair coaches assessments' of Braden.

Boiler Up!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT