ADVERTISEMENT

I'm calm and at peace.

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Perhaps it's reprioritization of what I let stress me out (work, work, family, etc) but this entire year, I've been oddly calm during the basketball games. Even during the tourney, I haven't gotten any of those 'pit in your stomach' feelings, even late in the TN game. Just always felt Purdue would pull it out. I had zero concerns with getting past NCST, and now with UConn, I feel oddly at peace that some how, some way, Purdue finds a way to win.
Trust me, this is coming from a guy who in the early 2000's, once threatened to cut off the tip of his pinky finger with garden shears if we lost the Bucket game.

Perhaps it's reprioritization of what I let stress me out (work, work, family, etc) but this entire year, I've been oddly calm during the basketball games. Even during the tourney, I haven't gotten any of those 'pit in your stomach' feelings, even late in the TN game. Just always felt Purdue would pull it out. I had zero concerns with getting past NCST, and now with UConn, I feel oddly at peace that some how, some way, Purdue finds a way to win.
Trust me, this is coming from a guy who in the early 2000's, once threatened to cut off the tip of his pinky finger with garden shears if we lost the Bucket game.
I had that "pit in your stomach" for about 20 seconds when we were down 11 against Tennessee. The boys made short work of that lead so it was a fleeting moment.

Reactions: TMA62 and pboiler18
Fiest off... dont ever hurt yourself over a game result.

I also am at peace but even with a loss. Dont get .e wrong I want to win badly, but, idk the getting into the final 4 thing was just such a release of so much emotion and pent up weight on my sports fandom. Honestly feels like a real life curse has been lifted on me and all my teams going forward. Like a literal rule of never being allowed joy has been removed.

Regardless of the outcome tonight, this has been a successful season. The way our team bounced back from last year was cathartic...running throught the field at Maui, Edey's 3, shitting on Indiana, dogwalking Illinois twice even though "wE tSj DidN't hAvE TsJ iN tHe fiRsT gAme", beating Tennessee twice (worst fan base inthe country), punking the #1 Arizona team, we beat #11, #7, #4, #1, #9, #6, #12, #8 seed, #5 seed, #2 seed...it's been a banner year in the Purdue house.

I'm truly happy for you guys. You may now understand how some of us enjoy these teams every year. Sure, the losses are crushing, but all of the major and minor victories along the journey makes it worth it. And of course, the thrill is that much better with each victory in the tournament.

Welcome to the cult!

Regardless of the outcome tonight, this has been a successful season. The way our team bounced back from last year was cathartic...running throught the field at Maui, Edey's 3, shitting on Indiana, dogwalking Illinois twice even though "wE tSj DidN't hAvE TsJ iN tHe fiRsT gAme", beating Tennessee twice (worst fan base inthe country), punking the #1 Arizona team, we beat #11, #7, #4, #1, #9, #6, #12, #8 seed, #5 seed, #2 seed...it's been a banner year in the Purdue house.
Spot on.

The featherhead and spartan message boards are apoplectic with envy and fear that Purdue’s success will shove them down the hoops pecking order….

Hilarious stuff!

My wife was used to going to another room when I screamed at refs, at opponents, at our players, at the gods. This year has been that of a breakthrough for me. I still have my moments, but much more in control of my emotions and anger. Last year I wanted nothing to do with basketball after our loss. I was sure I had insulted someone of extreme unwilling power and control. I was cursed. This year, though expecting a raisin demon in my cereal bowl to appear and choke me at anytime, I have had an odd reasoned confidence in my Boilers. I often tell friends this could be the Temptation of the Pinnacle for me, but I also tell them that I am at peace with the outcome so far and beyond. It could be my last hurrah before I die, so I am living and cherishing each moment. Come on team, one more for the Old Boilers like me, the Young Boilers, All Boilers!

Perfect theme song for Braden and Purdue tonight! Good luck everyone! Boiler Up! You all should take a listen if you are not familiar! Great lyrics for the moment!

Last edited:
AI for the win.

GKpzK3UWAAAjRNr

Obviously getting to the championship game is a great season.

So losing it isn't a big deal. Winning it would be great, but so is playing in it.

Definitely makes watching it trouble free because the result is at a minimum you played in a championship game.

Kinda like watching Purdue in the B10 title game in football... albeit this team has an actual chance to win.

Spot on.

The featherhead and spartan message boards are apoplectic with envy and fear that Purdue’s success will shove them down the hoops pecking order….

Hilarious stuff!
This has been a long time coming for us. I remember feeling like we were on the cusp of breaking through in the late 90's, before Izzo's Spartans were even a thing. Even during their magical run in 2000, we were one of three teams to beat them in the B10 regular season. I had similar feelings about MSU that year, thinking "who the hell are these guys?" and wondering if their success would push us down the hoops pecking order. Funny how things have changed.

We had also beaten Florida earlier in the season, who ended up being the NCAAT runner-up. If it wasn't for Wisconsin signing a contract with the devil (and subsequently beating us 3 out of 4 times that year), who knows what could've happened in the 2000 FF against MSU?

As for Ill-annoy...LOL. Whatever. That fanbase has always been delusional.

But hey, payback is a bitch, and the feeling of finally clawing our way to the summit after two agonizing decades is absolutely delicious.

I'm also at peace, but I don't have the same level of confidence in a win. Unfortunately, the B10 or Indiana school vs. Blue Blood Title games have lead to runner up finishes every. single. time. Butler/Duke, Butler/UConn, Michigan/Nova, Wisconsin/Duke. It's a 50/50 shot from where I stand, and that's ok.

After last years loss, and the ramped up ridicule of the program that has existed since my early fandom, it's nice to just be over the hump, and for me to care to watch the last games of the season. There is no shame in falling to UConn. There is always the thought that "will we ever have the best player again?" considering us getting Edey was Tom Brady like, but hopefully we make it here again more and more now that the monkey is off our backs.

That being said, a win so mean so much to so many, I'll be hoping for the best until the clock strikes 0.0

..... Unfortunately, the B10 or Indiana school vs. Blue Blood Title games have lead to runner up finishes every. single. time. Butler/Duke, Butler/UConn, Michigan/Nova, Wisconsin/Duke. It's a 50/50 shot from where I stand, and that's ok.
Add Illinois/UNC in 2005 to this list....

I'm also at peace, but I don't have the same level of confidence in a win. Unfortunately, the B10 or Indiana school vs. Blue Blood Title games have lead to runner up finishes every. single. time. Butler/Duke, Butler/UConn, Michigan/Nova, Wisconsin/Duke. It's a 50/50 shot from where I stand, and that's ok.

After last years loss, and the ramped up ridicule of the program that has existed since my early fandom, it's nice to just be over the hump, and for me to care to watch the last games of the season. There is no shame in falling to UConn. There is always the thought that "will we ever have the best player again?" considering us getting Edey was Tom Brady like, but hopefully we make it here again more and more now that the monkey is off our backs.

That being said, a win so mean so much to so many, I'll be hoping for the best until the clock strikes 0.0
Admittedly, it's frustrating to finally get to the championship game only to be matched up with a generationally great team. UCONN has the best metrics of any team since 1999 when Duke was, ironically, defeated by an upstart UCONN team.

The other part of me believes that to be the best, you need to beat the best. There are a lot of heads mounted in our trophy room from our expeditions earlier this year. No doubt UCONN would be the crown jewel of our collection. Now let's go collect that trophy!!!

Admittedly, it's frustrating to finally get to the championship game only to be matched up with a generationally great team. UCONN has the best metrics of any team since 1999 when Duke was, ironically, defeated by an upstart UCONN team.

The other part of me believes that to be the best, you need to beat the best. There are a lot of heads mounted in our trophy room from our expeditions earlier this year. No doubt UCONN would be the crown jewel of our collection. Now let's go collect that trophy!!
I'm hoping you're right, just feels like the basketball gods love their "blue bloods"

I feel calm right now, but I guarantee that my heart rate will start to speed up right before tipoff.

I am also calm and at peace. All monkeys are gone off my back. I have added comments into my arsenal for all loosiers. Life is awesome and I am so happy I lived long enough to experience Painter getting here and Edey getting us here.

AI for the win.

GKpzK3UWAAAjRNr
Monday is going to be epic! August 7, 1869, was Indiana’s last total solar eclipse, with totality spreading across the southern and western portions of the state.

Purdue University was founded in 1869!

One hundred years later,
In 1969, Boilermakers made it to the NCAA Championship game.

That was the same year Purdue graduate, Neil Armstrong, became the first man to walk on the moon!

Boiler up, Purdue! The sun, the moon and all the stars are aligned! Shine bright!!

No way - we have come too far for us not to claim the title - I’m not gonna say we are a team of destiny - but I think we are a team of destiny! Solar eclipse, black and gold, losing to a 16 like Virginia then making it to the Title game. I’m satisfied and relieved we made the Final Four but the Championship is what we have played this entire season for and we are winning it tonight!

I am absolutely calm. We have had a full meal. Tonight is the dessert. I will sleep well even if I miss out on the chocolate swirl cheesecake.

I do love me some chocolate swirl cheesecake, though! Bring me my dessert, Boilers!

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerAndy
Fiest off... dont ever hurt yourself over a game result.

I also am at peace but even with a loss. Dont get .e wrong I want to win badly, but, idk the getting into the final 4 thing was just such a release of so much emotion and pent up weight on my sports fandom. Honestly feels like a real life curse has been lifted on me and all my teams going forward. Like a literal rule of never being allowed joy has been removed.
I agree 100%. Lopping off the tip of your finger with garden shears because your college team loses to it's rival is completely stupid and irrational. Probably a little over-invested at that point and in need of some professional help at that point.

friday night lights curses GIF
LFGGGGGGGG

BTFU 🚂 BOIS AND GIRLS!!!!!

Hate that we only get one more game with this team but enjoy the hell out of them one last time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT