ADVERTISEMENT

In the spirit of the earlier thread, your most hated iu player

Only recent one i can think of is sheehey. Dude was a real prick. That scrub who was kicking at Haas when they both fell to the ground last season seems like a douche too.

I'll throw in Pat Graham and Michael Lewis...….in addition to the others of course

I'll throw in Pat Graham and Michael Lewis...….in addition to the others of course
Are those name from my black hole part of life? I was out of the country before Al Gore invented the internet (90-93 and 1999-2001) and there are things I just did not see therefore, don't remember.

Reactions: Purdue85
Sheehey, fife, elston, Dumas , and Leary . All, no talent aholes. All five either tried to bite a player, trip a player, hit a players balls, or steal appliances from poor people. Add the other dork that is still on the team that tried to bite haas in the balls last year. Mcsomething? All lovely people

Richard Mandeville...no, not really

Maybe Isiah Thomas, Cody Zeller, or Will Sheehey. Jordan Hulls, Derek Elston, and Todd Leary get honorable mention.

Sheehey, fife, elston, Dumas , and Leary . All, no talent aholes. All five either tried to bite a player, trip a player, hit a players balls, or steal appliances from poor people. Add the other dork that is still on the team that tried to bite haas in the balls last year. Mcsomething? All lovely people
I don't know if this post will get the most likes, but it is the funnest

th

Pat Graham......Late 80's

jp_lewisknight1226z1.jpg

Michael Lewis .........Late 90's

I liked AJ Guyton, seemed like a solid kid and a good ball player. I think this process would be more beneficial if we went this direction....we all dislike the same.

Reactions: herrli and Purdue85
Opie Jadlow,Sheey,Jailbird Leary,and Brian Evans was a fine player who I did not dislike ,but he bore a stunning resemblance to Frankensteins Monster.

Reactions: Schnelk
The Brian Evans Frankenstein reference is priceless. Dakich says Evans is a serious db.

Damon Bailey. Not so much as player but just the way he was glorified and associated with the IU program long before he ever stepped on the court.
And praised and glorified after he left IU.I think it was a former Indianapolis News writer named Nelson Price who named Bailey Indianapolis man of the year after his rookie year with the Pacers,when he didnt even play ,but had two knee surgeries!I guess that was a bad year for Indy men.

Yeah, the whole emotional and mental abuse (let alone physical abuse) really makes for a stand up guy.
He was the perfect arch-nemisis though. He won, which you have to have in a rivalry and he was a complete over the top douchebag, which you have to hate. I defy you to pull out a piece of paper and make up an arch-nemisis better than Bobby.

I don't completely hate him, I think he was a necessary evil in the process of making me a lifelong Boiler fan.

SheHe because he's just a punk. Leary because he's a felon. Whats-his-face (little white PG from about 6 years ago) because he shoots like a 6th grade girl who's not strong enough to get the ball up to the rim.

Yeah, the whole emotional and mental abuse (let alone physical abuse) really makes for a stand up guy.
Never said I was a fan of Knight. I will tip toe into what could quickly become a lightning rod issue. As far as I know he ran a clean program and got the most out of his players. Did he go to far at times? I think most would agree he may have. Not sure how many young men Knight coached over the years but the overwhelming majority of them would say that he made them better players and men.

He had a strong dislike for the media and in turn they (ESPN and others) ended up taking him down.

Your a teacher, correct? have you never turned to unconventional methods to get your point across? Have you not pushed a student that you felt had great potential, and wanted them to be the best that they could be?

I am by no means suggesting that yelling at them or grabbing them by the neck is the answer, but I was not there when these things were said to have happened, therefore, I don't understand the whole context.

I went to more than a few open practice when Tiller was coaching and he was always in the face of those kids saying some pretty mean things. He had his reasons, his motives, his style as well.

Like I said, I don't want this to turn into a toxic mess but wanted to support my original comment.

Last edited:
Never said I was a fan of Knight. I will tip toe into what could quickly become a lightning rod issue. As far as I know he ran a clean program and got the most out of his players. Did he go to far at times? I think most would agree he may have. Not sure how many young men Knight coached over the years but the overwhelming majority of them would say that he made them better players and men.

He had a strong dislike for the media and in turn they (ESPN and others) ended up taking him down.

Your a teacher, correct? have you never turned to unconventional methods to get your point across? Have you not pushed a student that you felt had great potential, and wanted them to be the best that they could be?

I am by no means suggesting that yelling at them or grabbing them by the neck is the answer, but I was not there when these things were said to have happened, therefore, I don't understand the whole context.

I went to more than a few open practice when Tiller was coaching and he was always in the face of those kids saying some pretty mean things. He had his reasons, his motives, his style as well.

Like I said, I don't want this to turn into a toxic mess but wanted to support my original comment.

Think you nailed it. As a coach there is few better than Knight. His ability to not only motivate but get the most out of his players is almost second to none. Knight represents just about everything that is right in college athletics.

Now as a person, he's a total a$$hat. And with that, you make a great point about him being the perfect rival. The IU-PU rivalry hasn't been the same since Keady and Knight moved on. Will never downplay Purdue beating IU, but the rivalry meant more and it was more enjoyable when Purdue won AND IU was good.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Knight was an arrogant a--hole that should have been replaced long before he was. Like the time he pulled his team off the floor ,when they were playing the Russians , because he didn't agree with the officiating. Or the infamous chair throwing incident. Or the assault on the Puerto Rican police officer. Or the constant bullying of his players. He was a disgrace to the game.

Knight was an arrogant a--hole that should have been replaced long before he was. Like the time he pulled his team off the floor ,when they were playing the Russians , because he didn't agree with the officiating. Or the infamous chair throwing incident. Or the assault on the Puerto Rican police officer. Or the constant bullying of his players. He was a disgrace to the game.

I agree with you. Winning multiple championships gave him an infinitely long leash to do whatever he wanted without repercussions. The 30 for 30 "The Last Days of Knight" was really interesting and went deep into the details of how he was the most powerful guy at IU and controlled the administration, not the other way around.

Makes me wonder how us Purdue fans would think of a coach like that if he led us to multiple championships, but eventually fell from grace and would be a constant shadow over the program. who knows

Reactions: herrli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT