ADVERTISEMENT

I'm stoked that Louisville won today.

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
Rumors on Twitter that if they lost, Satterfield would be shown the door. Apparently his AD is behind him but the boosters are not. I was checking out Brohm's body language and the bags under his eyes and it made me uneasy. I feel like there are some conversations going on behind closed doors and if asked again, I think maybe he joins Louisville.

Regardless of all the critics on here, I think Brohm is good for Purdue. He's building a brand here and we are definitely improving.

Rumors on Twitter that if they lost, Satterfield would be shown the door. Apparently his AD is behind him but the boosters are not. I was checking out Brohm's body language and the bags under his eyes and it made me uneasy. I feel like there are some conversations going on behind closed doors and if asked again, I think maybe he joins Louisville.

Regardless of all the critics on here, I think Brohm is good for Purdue. He's building a brand here and we are definitely improving.

Again, why would he go to UofL at this point? The ACC is going to get gutted sooner or later. UofL doesn't have the money. And the B1G is in a position of a powerhouse. Purdue will be flush with cash. The absolute only reason is if he just wants to relive his past.

If he does go, Purdue is in a position to hire a really good coach. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...

Again, why would he go to UofL at this point? The ACC is going to get gutted sooner or later. UofL doesn't have the money. And the B1G is in a position of a powerhouse. Purdue will be flush with cash. The absolute only reason is if he just wants to relive his past.

If he does go, Purdue is in a position to hire a really good coach. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...
Only response is to get a good coach that understands the Purdue brand. I.E. Cradle of Quaterbacks.

He may not want to deal with what it's becoming (BT and top $$$ football).

If he wants to go to an inferior program in an inferior conference then let him. I think he would quickly end up regretting that decision while we keep chugging along with the massive amounts of big ten money. I'd personally be much more worried about the NFL or a top tier college program than loserville.

If a coach wants to leave to go to some thing “significantly less in every regard“ then they should go, the second the opportunity presents itself. Let them deal with recruiting with “less of everything“. Let them deal with hiring assistant coaches with “less money than they know they will need“. And the brand is in good shape right now. Let this season finish out with eight or nine wins maybe 10. And then if he leaves, bring in a coach that gets it. I don’t want to see him leave because I like what he’s building, but if someone is ready to leave to go to a lesser program, then that’s on them

I make no excuse for my love of Brohm. He has brought us out of the dumpster fire and now can be competitive in the B1G. Returning home can be a big draw but also brings a lot of pressure. Case in point, Frost and Nebraska after he won the NC at UCF

Bags under his eyes? WTF? Do you realize how hard the coaches work to prep for games, especially on the road and especially for a team as offensively-gifted as Maryland? Of course he looks tired - because he is from all the hours he put in this last week.

You know who always got a good night sleep in Lousiville? Pitino - because he always left the stress at the local Italian pasta shop.

courtesy of the off-the-menu specials.....and table-side service.

c824e2_8c34e0f9c3454c8e8b8be9ebe95ce6b1~mv2.jpg

I can't understand the worry. I love him as our coach and would like to see him here for the long term. But if the dude don't want to be here show him the door. This is a big country full of talented coaches. Just have to have an administration smart enough to get the right one.

From a professional and financial stand point going back to Louisville makes little sense. I don't think any of us know what makes Brohm happy. He'll have all the money he'll ever need either way. It's now just a matter of doing what he thinks will make him happy.

I think many of us have PTSD from hires like Burnett, Colletto and Hazzell. All of these guys were just terrible hires. They didn't have much of a track record prior to being hired and it was the last head coaching job for all 3 of them. On the surface Akers seemed like he could be okay based on his record at Texas but then again he had just been fired and like the others it was his last head coaching gig.

The key is having people that know football involved in the decision. When Hazzell came in and hired Shoop and said we were going to run the football I knew we were doomed. It takes years to develop a line to make that transformation.

From a professional and financial stand point going back to Louisville makes little sense. I don't think any of us know what makes Brohm happy. He'll have all the money he'll ever need either way. It's now just a matter of doing what he thinks will make him happy.

I think many of us have PTSD from hires like Burnett, Colletto and Hazzell. All of these guys were just terrible hires. They didn't have much of a track record prior to being hired and it was the last head coaching job for all 3 of them. On the surface Akers seemed like he could be okay based on his record at Texas but then again he had just been fired and like the others it was his last head coaching gig.

The key is having people that know football involved in the decision. When Hazzell came in and hired Shoop and said we were going to run the football I knew we were doomed. It takes years to develop a line to make that transformation.
Good post. The comment about money is spot on, not that his agent isn't going to use every opportunity to get Coach (and be default, himself) more doe-ray-me. So a lot of it does come down to where is he happiest at. I've noticed he is absolutely CRUSHING it in Coach Speak, which sorta points to not wanting to have to deal with it (in contrast, Speck who wants to tell you how the world works.) With the radically changing landscape of college football, there's also the possibility he doesn't want to deal with NIL's, portals, etc. at a BT level. He'd have it to a lesser extent at Louisville, but at least there he doesn't lose his top returning WR to grades.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Some of you fellas are delusional about replacing Brohm. History has shown that for every Jeff Brohm there are two Darrells.
I see your point. Brohm is a good fit here. Purdue need to hire an offensive guru. Preferably someone who brings some credibility with QB’s.

Brohm has done a good job (since Diaco) in giving his vision for the D and letting them go with it. The only thing moving forward that I care about is remaining a 4 man front. Purdue has done well with DE’s and DT’s. I think trying to go 3-4 has been a disaster here. I’m very happy with where the Defense has gotten to at this point.

If Brohm walks he walks. I won’t be happy about it. Talent is still here. If Purdue is willing to spend money, we should get an established top tier offensive coordinator or a head coach that knows what the bell he’s doing in the passing game. I’m out on a defensive guru or an OSU guy.

The Big Ten money is going to be a big deal for potential coaches if we get to that point. Also, come here and you get paid very well compared to expectations.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Let’s say this plays out and he goes to Louisville - the upside is we could potentially hire Jimbo or Brian Kelly. Money shouldn’t be a big deal because they will be getting massive buyouts when they inevitably get fired.

• Haha
Reactions: purduepat1969
I love him and hope he stays a Boiler. For those that don’t want him in Louisville, care to give reasons?
Many fans felt he played his hometown and alma mater to get a massive raise. He even surprised many family members. Left a really bad taste in the mouths of a lot of important people at the school and in the community, not to mention the fanbase. Also, there is a faction that feel he would not be much of an improvement from Satterfield. The energy was there, the first go round, not so much this time.

• Haha
Reactions: CardNation
Many fans felt he played his hometown and alma mater to get a massive raise. He even surprised many family members. Left a really bad taste in the mouths of a lot of important people at the school and in the community, not to mention the fanbase. Also, there is a faction that feel he would not be much of an improvement from Satterfield. The energy was there, the first go round, not so much this time.
Sounds like sour grapes.

Sounds like sour grapes.
Or, spinning it so that you either don't look bad for not getting him, or, that you know that you can't/won't, so, you pretend that you did not want him.

Brohm forgot more last night than Satterfield will ever even know about football...the idea that literally anybody would try to sell that Brohm is not just better, but, much better...and a HUGE upgrade...is ridiculous...that anyone would actually believe or buy it...genuinely stupid.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Or, spinning it so that you either don't look bad for not getting him, or, that you know that you can't/won't, so, you pretend that you did not want him.

Brohm forgot more last night than Satterfield will ever even know about football...the idea that literally anybody would try to sell that Brohm is not just better, but, much better...and a HUGE upgrade...is ridiculous...that anyone would actually believe or buy it...genuinely stupid.
Imagine how bad we would be with Satterfield as our coach? Yeah, on paper brohm doesn't have the greatest record at Purdue, but anyone that's been paying attention knows what a great job he's been doing here, and that any on give Saturday he's a threat to beat whatever team he faces.

Some of you fellas are delusional about replacing Brohm. History has shown that for every Jeff Brohm there are two Darrells.
I haven't seen anyone suggest we want Brohm to go but if he chose to leave, I think there are guys out there that could keep us competitive in the B1G West with our current roster.

Certainly not a sure thing but to Brohm's credit Purdue isn't as bad of an opportunity as it was when we hired him.

I haven't seen anyone suggest we want Brohm to go but if he chose to leave, I think there are guys out there that could keep us competitive in the B1G West with our current roster.

Certainly not a sure thing but to Brohm's credit Purdue isn't as bad of an opportunity as it was when we hired him.
People said similar about Tiller. Finding a competent head football coach is not easy, and history tells us that it will take at least two hires after Jeff Brohm to get it right.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Tommaker
People said similar about Tiller. Finding a competent head football coach is not easy, and history tells us that it will take at least two hires after Jeff Brohm to get it right.
It isn't just the HC. Tiller brought his staff with him, Brohm brought his staff with him. Not sure what Hazell brought or what Hope had left to work with after the smoke cleared, but there's a lot to be said for a bunch of guys who have been on the same page for a few years at a successful program. Especially if you aren't a destination school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT