ADVERTISEMENT

Time to move on

Iowa did fold llke a tent. Actually they didn't fold, the offensive line was never any good from day 1. I never said anything differently.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think (imagine) will have more players from the 2023 draft stick on NFL rosters, Iowa or Purdue? I'll even let you include practice squads.
Iowa. Out of curiosity, where does Iowa finish the season and do they beat lowly Purdue in 2023? Or does Ferentz’s kryptonite (Aka a Big Ten team with an offense) reappear in IC?

Oh yeah, when does Iowa bite the bullet and hire Big Bret?

Reactions: pboiler18
Iowa. Out of curiosity, where does Iowa finish the season and do they beat lowly Purdue in 2023? Or does Ferentz’s kryptonite (Aka a Big Ten team with an offense) reappear in IC?

Oh yeah, when does Iowa bite the bullet and hire Big Bret?

It will be entirely based on offensive line improvement. Maybe not entirely, injures will play a part, and already have as evidenced by the two All B1G transfers.

If you're asking me who wins the Iowa Purdue game, as of now, Iowa wins. I only made it to one Purdue closed practice this spring, ask me again this fall. Maybe ask yourself why some fan form Iowa is allowed to attend closed Purdue practices.

Iowa did fold llke a tent. Actually they didn't fold, the offensive line was never any good from day 1. I never said anything differently.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think (imagine) will have more players from the 2023 draft stick on NFL rosters, Iowa or Purdue? I'll even let you include practice squads.
You scored what? 6 points against Illinois last year? You really think things are going to go any better against Walters for Iowa?

He will line up 1000 pounds over your centers and guards and there goes the run game and play action. Is B Ferentz going to go Jeff brohm (the only approach that works against that)?

There is no McNamara pulling the old Michigan and hitting a post off play action. The middle is gone…

You scored what? 6 points against Illinois last year? You really think things are going to go any better against Walters for Iowa?

Based on offensive line as per my above post, and the addition of an all BIG QB and TE, the answer is obviously yes. But if there is no improvement in o line play, then it is an open question. But even if there isn't improvement on the o line the offense would still be improved based on the significant skill position upgrades. TE's at Iowa are skill positions. The one TE will almost be a WR. Except he can block, and receivers blocking downfield is a significant part of a running game in a zone blocking scheme.

You'd need to understand how much Purdue's offenses have made it more difficult on Purdue's defenses. More so than the defensive talent in the specific case of Purdue, and most teams that don't recruit to a high level.

It's pretty unclear how exactly Harrell dovetails into allowing more ball control for the defense.

Is Walters a long term solution? I think so. Is the OC? I'm not sure how that will work out. What do the head coach and offensive coordinator have to do with Purdue's defense? A lot as evidenced by past seasons and empirical data. You can't hang out a defense and expect much more than .500 in the B1G, which is where Purdue has been in recent history.

This debate about next season reminds me of the Indiana fans prior to the 2021 games. I tried to explain to them the missing pieces and the disconnect in schemes, but they refused to understand that there are 3-4 moving pieces on a football team, and they need to compliment each other, not work against each other.

All this is going to change going forward as Walters watched and learned with Bielema. Next season though? I'm not sure, but I suspect Purdue's success will be based on defense, not offense.

Based on offensive line as per my above post, and the addition of an all BIG QB and TE, the answer is obviously yes. But if there is no improvement in o line play, then it is an open question. But even if there isn't improvement on the o line the offense would still be improved based on the significant skill position upgrades. TE's at Iowa are skill positions. The one TE will almost be a WR. Except he can block, and receivers blocking downfield is a significant part of a running game in a zone blocking scheme.

You'd need to understand how much Purdue's offenses have made it more difficult on Purdue's defenses. More so than the defensive talent in the specific case of Purdue, and most teams that don't recruit to a high level.

It's pretty unclear how exactly Harrell dovetails into allowing more ball control for the defense.

Is Walters a long term solution? I think so. Is the OC? I'm not sure how that will work out. What do the head coach and offensive coordinator have to do with Purdue's defense? A lot as evidenced by past seasons and empirical data. You can't hang out a defense and expect much more than .500 in the B1G, which is where Purdue has been in recent history.

This debate about next season reminds me of the Indiana fans prior to the 2021 games. I tried to explain to them the missing pieces and the disconnect in schemes, but they refused to understand that there are 3-4 moving pieces on a football team, and they need to compliment each other, not work against each other.

All this is going to change going forward as Walters watched and learned with Bielema. Next season though? I'm not sure, but I suspect Purdue's success will be based on defense, not offense.
But wait.. Walters defense only struggled against dynamic offenses that used air raid tactics, and QBs and WRs using rout trees etc.. concepts that take years to learn.

Mcnamara was never asked to do that at Michigan and it isn’t what ferentz does. He doesn’t even know where to start..

But wait.. Walters defense only struggled against dynamic offenses that used air raid tactics, and QBs and WRs using rout trees etc.. concepts that take years to learn.

Mcnamara was never asked to do that at Michigan and it isn’t what ferentz does. He doesn’t even know where to start..

That's an oversimplification that I don't have time to address right now. You asked me a question, I answered it with some detail. You really didn't address any of my answer, you're jumping to something else, largely not applicable.

That's an oversimplification that I don't have time to address right now. You asked me a question, I answered it with some detail. You really didn't address any of my answer, you're jumping to something else, largely not applicable.
That’s not an oversimplification at all. Teams whose identity was to run between the tackles to open passing threats up.. they underperformed across the board against Illinois last year. Even Wisconsin gets 10 points early then fails to do anything after that.

Michigan put up 45 on Ohio state… beat Illinois 19-17.

That’s not an oversimplification at all. Teams whose identity was to run between the tackles to open passing threats up.. they underperformed across the board against Illinois last year. Even Wisconsin gets 10 points early then fails to do anything after that.

Michigan put up 45 on Ohio state… beat Illinois 19-17.

Did the entire Illinois defense transfer to Purdue? Illinois offense also played ball control, has Purdue suddenly started to do this? What are you even talking about?

Did the entire Illinois defense transfer to Purdue? Illinois offense also played ball control, has Purdue suddenly started to do this? What are you even talking about?
No they haven’t. Walters is the reason. Case in point.. Sydney brown.. not considered a NFL prospect when Walters arrived. Isaac Zico was making him look silly in 2019. 66th pick. Witherspoon .. unrated by rivals when he got to Illinois.

But if you’re looking for differences, Gabe Jacas was a 5.5 true freshman by rivals. Caraway was a rivals 100 prospect.

Okay so your point with more possessions is that instead of getting 6 points you’re going to get 9-10? Iowa isn’t going to get 34 points on a Ryan Walters defense with ferentz’ style of play.

Purdue won the big ten west last year. Easy schedule? Sure. But to act like we have Gerry dinardo’s roster at Indiana is kind of dumb

No they haven’t. Walters is the reason. Case in point.. Sydney brown.. not considered a NFL prospect when Walters arrived. Isaac Zico was making him look silly in 2019. 66th pick. Witherspoon .. unrated by rivals when he got to Illinois.

But if you’re looking for differences, Gabe Jacas was a 5.5 true freshman by rivals. Caraway was a rivals 100 prospect.

Okay so your point with more possessions is that instead of getting 6 points you’re going to get 9-10? Iowa isn’t going to get 34 points on a Ryan Walters defense with ferentz’ style of play.

Purdue won the big ten west last year. Easy schedule? Sure. But to act like we have Gerry dinardo’s roster at Indiana is kind of dumb

You keep on jumping around to different subjects. My posts stand. We can check back next football season and we can see who is more accurate.

RR
You keep on jumping around to different subjects. My posts stand. We can check back next football season and we can see who is more accurate.

RR of projected starters coming out of high school and now (if a transfer)

DE Langham 5.8/5.6
NT Brevard 5.8
DE M’ba 5.6/NA
OLB Caraway 5.9
OLB Sydnor 5.5
LB Brothers 5.6
LB Karlaftis 5.8
CB Turner-Muhammad 5.7/5.5
CB Wilson 5.7/5.5
S Allen 5.6
S Kane 5.5

So again, Walters will do more than fine with the players he has. Stop acting like he came in because cam Cameron got fired

And my question stands lunchbox. You’re saying with the extra snaps ferentz will get to 10 points?

And my question stands lunchbox. You’re saying with the extra snaps ferentz will get to 10 points?
I quoted the only part of your post that had anything to do with anything serious. I do think more than 10 points will be scored against Purdue by Iowa. As I indicated, we can check back and at that point we'll know for sure. What were your takeaways from attending a Purdue closed pracrtice? lol.

I quoted the only part of your post that had anything to do with anything serious. I do think more than 10 points will be scored against Purdue by Iowa. As I indicated, we can check back and at that point we'll know for sure. What were your takeaways from attending a Purdue closed pracrtice? lol.
We will see stooge

You want insights? You still have Brian ferentz which is bad because it’s not 1912
He put up 24 on Purdue last year and the entire second half the offense was in stall mode. I don't get your point. Iowa didn't have an offensive line last season to execute their preferred offense, which is ball control, and which has resulted in much better historical winning records than Purdue.

It was never the x's and o's last season, it was the Jimmy's and Joe's. I said above he put up 24. Actually the players did. It was his scheme, the same scheme as per the norm, but there were some obvious play calls in last year's game. I remember sitting in the stands, 50 yard line, talking to Purdue fans. Right before the first touchdown pass deep in Purdue territory I told them the entire drive was setting up a pass, and Purdue's defense was lined up to allow it. I told them the next play goes for a TD pass. They just looked at me, and one of them laughed. Until the next play was a TD pass. I just told them we were watching the same game, but what I see, and what they think they see were two different things. Now I understand most fans don't understand what they watch, I think you're probably a good example of that based on your posts today, but it is the defensive coordinator and head football coaches job to understand. Jeff Brohm's press conference after that game, and he got ripped for it by Purdue fans, was as close as I saw him speak the truth about why Purdue had to do what they did. And they had to, or the score might have been even more one sided.

Purdue could have, and maybe should have (based on Iowa's lack of offensive line) won that game. Maybe, that might be a stretch.

Previously I had mentioned complimentary football. Can you even begin to comprehend how Iowa's offensive style has resulted in remarkable Iowa defenses? Do you not understand why they do what they do? Can you not even begin to speculate a little bit at what Purdue's offensive is going to do to its defense this next season and going forward? It's going to be rough for a while. And it has less to do with recruit rankings, new coaches and almost everything you've brought up, and more to do with what I'm posting about. You're going to start to find out in a couple more months. It will take less time for me, becuase I'll go to some closed practices, so I'll know sooner just how good or bad it will be. But these things aren't in a vacuum, a lot can happen to change this. But as of right now, my take on both Iowa and Purdue are a metric f ton closer than your desultory posts are.

He put up 24 on Purdue last year and the entire second half the offense was in stall mode. I don't get your point. Iowa didn't have an offensive line last season to execute their preferred offense, which is ball control, and which has resulted in much better historical winning records than Purdue.

It was never the x's and o's last season, it was the Jimmy's and Joe's. I said above he put up 24. Actually the players did. It was his scheme, the same scheme as per the norm, but there were some obvious play calls in last year's game. I remember sitting in the stands, 50 yard line, talking to Purdue fans. Right before the first touchdown pass deep in Purdue territory I told them the entire drive was setting up a pass, and Purdue's defense was lined up to allow it. I told them the next play goes for a TD pass. They just looked at me, and one of them laughed. Until the next play was a TD pass. I just told them we were watching the same game, but what I see, and what they think they see were two different things. Now I understand most fans don't understand what they watch, I think you're probably a good example of that based on your posts today, but it is the defensive coordinator and head football coaches job to understand. Jeff Brohm's press conference after that game, and he got ripped for it by Purdue fans, was as close as I saw him speak the truth about why Purdue had to do what they did. And they had to, or the score might have been even more one sided.

Purdue could have, and maybe should have (based on Iowa's lack of offensive line) won that game. Maybe, that might be a stretch.

Previously I had mentioned complimentary football. Can you even begin to comprehend how Iowa's offensive style has resulted in remarkable Iowa defenses? Do you not understand why they do what they do? Can you not even begin to speculate a little bit at what Purdue's offensive is going to do to its defense this next season and going forward? It's going to be rough for a while. And it has less to do with recruit rankings, new coaches and almost everything you've brought up, and more to do with what I'm posting about. You're going to start to find out in a couple more months. It will take less time for me, becuase I'll go to some closed practices, so I'll know sooner just how good or bad it will be. But these things aren't in a vacuum, a lot can happen to change this. But as of right now, my take on both Iowa and Purdue are a metric f ton closer than your desultory posts are.
No novels

Uh yeah, brohm was mailing his last year in in many ways and English wasn’t very good as a DC. Walters just had what the #3 D in the nation. And he didn’t need any miracle prospects to do it. Who did he have that was like a George Karlaftis coming out of high school? Cause I missed it.

I’ll read 1, maybe 2 paragraphs of your post

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
No novels

Uh yeah, brohm was mailing his last year in in many ways and English wasn’t very good as a DC. Walters just had what the #3 D in the nation. And he didn’t need any miracle prospects to do it. Who did he have that was like a George Karlaftis coming out of high school? Cause I missed it.

I’ll read 1, maybe 2 paragraphs of your post

You can read it after next season. Just like we are currently about Charlie Jones being drafted.

High draft pick. Nope.

The next shoe to drop is whether he'll get signed. He might.

And after that I'll complete it when he is used for special teams and returns, not WR.

I'll do the same thing next year after we get some results from both Iowa and Purdue. You won't really have to read even one or two paragraphs of mine, you'll just know I'm right well before I have to post about it. But again, that's as of right now, and football doesn't happen in a vacuum.

You can read it after next season. Just like we are currently about Charlie Jones being drafted.

High draft pick. Nope.

And after that I'll complete it when he is used for special teams and returns, not WR.

I'll do the same thing next year after we get some results from both Iowa and Purdue. You won't really have to read even one or two paragraphs of mine, you'll just know I'm right well before I have to post about it. But again, that's as of right now, and football doesn't happen in a vacuum.
Walters had a top 5 defense in America last year. What player did he have that was this unbelievable prospect along the lines of a George karlaftis?

I don’t give a shit about the Jones argument. Good player who IMO left a LOT to be desired relative to say a David Bell

Walters had a top 5 defense in America last year. What player did he have that was this unbelievable prospect along the lines of a George karlaftis?

I don’t give a shit about the Jones argument. Good player who IMO left a LOT to be desired relative to say a David Bell
I wonder what kind of offense that team played, and how that aided the defense? Hmm....

Again the pace argument .. with twice the snaps you would have gotten 12 points?

The argument, actually the logic and fact, is that Illinois' offense helped Illinois' defense, just as Iowa's offence has helped Iowa's defense. Now reconcile Purdue's new offensive and defensive coordinators and predict how that's going to work in the first year. What your new defensive coordinator is walking into is a completely different thing than Illinois. And due to this, he will give up more points at Purdue than he did at Illinois. If he doesn't, he's coach of the year, maybe coach of the century.

Again, we can check back next December but you're missing something very, very significant to Purdue's defense next season. The schemes at Purdue do not compliment each other like the schemes at Illinois did. Could it work out eventually? Sure. But if you're basing your season on Purdue's defense being remotely close to what Illinois was last season, I think you're in for some disappointment.

The argument, actually the logic and fact, is that Illinois' offense helped Illinois' defense, just as Iowa's offence has helped Iowa's defense. Now reconcile Purdue's new offensive and defensive coordinators and predict how that's going to work in the first year. What your new defensive coordinator is walking into is a completely different thing than Illinois. And due to this, he will give up more points at Purdue than he did at Illinois. If he doesn't, he's coach of the year, maybe coach of the century.

Again, we can check back next December but you're missing something very, very significant to Purdue's defense next season. The schemes at Purdue do not compliment each other like the schemes at Illinois did. Could it work out eventually? Sure. But if you're basing your season on Purdue's defense being remotely close to what Illinois was last season, I think you're in for some disappointment.
Points yes. Points per possession? Points per snap? There’s one way to get that against Walters? Hire Jeff brohm. Air raid concepts and advanced QB concepts work better against Walters than having someone’s kid at OC.

Oh yeah but one time Ron English wasn’t very good. Got it.

• Haha

High draft pick. Nope.

Every draft pick gets signed, stupid.
Go back to bragging about being at a practice. Congrats on being a towel boy and/or someone's brother in law.

• Haha

How in the world has Iowa's offense helped Iowa's defense? They've continually put them in them in 3 and out situations over the last few seasons. The only thing that's helped Iowa's defense is Iowa's special teams. Iowa's offense averaged 17.7 pts per game last year (123rd of 131) and 250 yards a game. Iowa was 108th in time of possession. I don't care who you are, that offense isn't helping anyone. There's no "logic and fact" in what you're saying...

How in the world has Iowa's offense helped Iowa's defense? They've continually put them in them in 3 and out situations over the last few seasons. The only thing that's helped Iowa's defense is Iowa's special teams. Iowa's offense averaged 17.7 pts per game last year (123rd of 131) and 250 yards a game. Iowa was 108th in time of possession. I don't care who you are, that offense isn't helping anyone. There's no "logic and fact" in what you're saying...
This guy won’t be back unless Iowa wins.. but I can’t wait to picture his face when the middle is jammed, there is no play action, Iowa doesn’t have route trees and I told him all about it beforehand

You think ferentz is good? I don’t mean Kirk.. I mean the dude who would be selling insurance if his name was jim Wilson
What I think? Or what I know?

I think you're like a lot of other football fans that think OC is in a vacuum.

What I know? I know BB and his coaching tree thinks highly of the younger Ferentz.

What you don't understand is the offense run is the same or very similar to over 1/2 of the NFL and college teams. You also don't understand why it doesn't work when it doesn't work. How do I know this? I read your posts. Not only don't you understand why the offense didn't work last season, based on your posts you don't even understand what the offense is. Iowa offense, or for that matter, Purdue's offense.

Let me ask you this, since there is one minor difference in offense. Regarding 2 TE 2 RB sets. Did Purdue use this in their game against Iowa last year? Does Purdue use these sets? Does Purdue use an 11? And/or a 12? Purdue is your team, let's see if you can even answer questions about your team's offense.

Purdue's play breakdown was 43/31. Iowa's was 23/35. This said TOP favored Purdue by 3 minutes, but that is largely becuase Iowa went into snail mode the entire 2nd half. And in prior posts you still don't understand how this type of offense helps a defense? This isn't an Iowa / Purdue thing, this is a basic football knowledge thing.

Iowa had 3 receivers average per catch more than the top Purdue receiver. They did rush for more yards, but to be fair, you'd need to back out the one long run where Purdue's linebacker essentially whiffed and quit.

What are you even talking about? Defenders in a box lol. Do you watch Purdue games? Hell, there's film all over YouTube, post some video about the things you imagine you're seeing.

What I know? I know BB and his coaching tree thinks highly of the younger Ferentz.

What you don't understand is the offense run is the same or very similar to over 1/2 of the NFL and college teams. You also don't understand why it doesn't work when it doesn't work. How do I know this? I read your posts. Not only don't you understand why the offense didn't work last season, based on your posts you don't even understand what the offense is. Iowa offense, or for that matter, Purdue's offense.

Let me ask you this, since there is one minor difference in offense. Regarding 2 TE 2 RB sets. Did Purdue use this in their game against Iowa last year? Does Purdue use these sets? Does Purdue use an 11? And/or a 12? Purdue is your team, let's see if you can even answer questions about your team's offense.

Purdue's play breakdown was 43/31. Iowa's was 23/35. This said TOP favored Purdue by 3 minutes, but that is largely becuase Iowa went into snail mode the entire 2nd half. And in prior posts you still don't understand how this type of offense helps a defense? This isn't an Iowa / Purdue thing, this is a basic football knowledge thing.

Iowa had 3 receivers average per catch more than the top Purdue receiver. They did rush for more yards, but to be fair, you'd need to back out the one long run where Purdue's linebacker essentially whiffed and quit.

What are you even talking about? Defenders in a box lol. Do you watch Purdue games? Hell, there's film all over YouTube, post some video about the things you imagine you're seeing.

OK Mrs Ferentz...either you're defending your relative/husband or you're a complete moron. Or both...

So .. you like ferentz more than other Iowa fans like him, and your argument for that is that I need to break Purdue film down?

I feel like you’re about to yell yogurt or something

• Haha
Can you answer the questions about your own team's offense? lol.
Iowa and Brian Ferentz have almost run out of years to set back offensive football.

Purdue’s biggest difference on offense will be the run game. We’ll control the clock with Mockobee better than we ever did while Brohm was here.

On defense, I feel there will be more pressure on QBs coupled with an upgraded secondary and stouter run defense.

I don’t think we win the BIG because we’ll catch both Michigan and OSU and maybe lose one in the division but on paper The team looks tough. If we can score 24-27 points a game the team can be 7+ wins very easily in what most will call a “rebuilding” year.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Iowa and Brian Ferentz have almost run out of years to set back offensive football.

Purdue’s biggest difference on offense will be the run game. We’ll control the clock with Mockobee better than we ever did while Brohm was here.

On defense, I feel there will be more pressure on QBs coupled with an upgraded secondary and stouter run defense.

I don’t think we win the BIG because we’ll catch both Michigan and OSU and maybe lose one in the division but on paper The team looks tough. If we can score 24-27 points a game the team can be 7+ wins very easily in what most will call a “rebuilding” year.
I share your sentiment.. I don’t know if this guy thinks we think we are going 10-2, but we have a really good shot at 7-5/8-4 and a good shot to beat Iowa

• Haha
@GolfHacker1 jeff brohm was what? 4-2 against Iowa? He had two good defensive coaches on staff in 6 years and overall he left a lot to be desired. He had an offense that could spring wide open receivers so long as they and the QB had been meticulously studying the playbook for 3-4 years

Can you answer the questions about your own team's offense? lol.

I'm not even sure, with your messed up logic, what question you're trying to ask? Are you asking whether Purdue ran a 2 TE set last year?? Or a 2 RB set? WTF does any of that have to do with anything?

Purdue lost to Iowa last year because O'Connell had a shitty game in windy conditions. And the defense couldn't stop Iowa's running game. Purdue had never played well in windy or rainy conditions. So I'm not sure the question of what type of offense Purdue runs has anything to do with any of that.

If you're concerned about complimentary football, I'm really not sure WTF having a shitty offense like Illinois and Iowa has to do with making their defenses better? If you want to make the claim that playing the time of possession game along with solid defense is complimentary football, sure that makes sense. But Iowa was ranked 108th in time of possession. So that's not complimentary football, is it now genius?

I'm not even sure, with your messed up logic, what question you're trying to ask? Are you asking whether Purdue ran a 2 TE set last year?? Or a 2 RB set? WTF does any of that have to do with anything?

Purdue lost to Iowa last year because O'Connell had a shitty game in windy conditions. And the defense couldn't stop Iowa's running game. Purdue had never played well in windy or rainy conditions. So I'm not sure the question of what type of offense Purdue runs has anything to do with any of that.

If you're concerned about complimentary football, I'm really not sure WTF having a shitty offense like Illinois and Iowa has to do with making their defenses better? If you want to make the claim that playing the time of possession game along with solid defense is complimentary football, sure that makes sense. But Iowa was ranked 108th in time of possession. So that's not complimentary football, is it now genius?
It translates to .. Purdue could lose to Iowa this year because Dale Williams

• Haha
@GolfHacker1 jeff brohm was what? 4-2 against Iowa? He had two good defensive coaches on staff in 6 years and overall he left a lot to be desired. He had an offense that could spring wide open receivers so long as they and the QB had been meticulously studying the playbook for 3-4 years
JB, as it regards Iowa, was very good at exploiting specific weaknesses in defense. Two games come to mind where Purdue won. 2021 wasn't a surprise for anyone paying attention. 2021 was a very unusual game from the perspective of scheduling and what transpired the week before. That's football. I had mentioned it before, but Purdue caught lightning in a bottle at least twice against Iowa. It's part of football, and it's way I mentioned none of this happens in a vacuum.

I base some of what I post on what I've witnessed in Purdue victories, and also base it on the unlikely probability it continues. This said, Iowa still has o line issues, so it's quite possible the Purdue winning trend continue for 1-2 more seasons. I don't see it after that based on depth. I go into 2-3 deeps to make my analysis. Iowa has a 2-3 deep issue at CB and OL. Various reasons, but players leaving early is one. CB is evidenced in last year's loss to Nebraska. CB 4-5 & 6 isn't where any team wants to be against any WR, and that WR will play on Sunday. One of JB's victories against Iowa was a CB 5 situation.

It's the Jimmy's and Joe's, and it ain't ever the starters exclusively, it is also depth. Iowa began the process of remedying the situation several years ago. A slow but consistent process that was change in the middle due to NIL. Purdue isn't close in terms of depth or NIL. Going back over historical winning records shows which team has done a better job at both, and a quick look at NIL money, and depth 3-4 deep are revealing. I state 3-4 deep as a 2 deep at Iowa, and a lot of other colleges, is a defacto starter. Two players in the 1st round drafted never started a game. Those schools were Iowa and Notre Dame I believe. 2 deep -v- starter is essentially meaningless at these schools. The drop there is between 2 and 3-4. The drop at Purdue is between 1 and 2. Long term the die is cast. Doesn't mean Purdue can't change that, but it also doesn't mean it can be quickly changed.

But, and again, based on your posts, I watch and understand college football at a different level then you do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT