ADVERTISEMENT

I support Coach Ryan Walters

It’s ok to disagree and I do. I have already said that Allen was here when Brohm left and he was as talented or more than any qb Brohm inherited. Will it turn into anything we will see but I would take him today in a heartbeat over Card sight unseen. Burk and Yaseen are talented and there are like 4ish 4 star wrs on this roster. Probably true on DB but mostly because our top 3 graduated and no matter who was coach we would have had to being in transfers there. OL wasn’t good under either coach but my guess is we have higher rated kids now. Hard to tell what we have at LB because Walters only plays one but Karlaftas was highly rated and Brothers was too. DL was 100% improved under Brohm. And yes the rbs are a different type but I would take Mock and Tracy over what we had then.
Where's Allen starting at right now? If Allen was that much better than Card then why would Card even be here? Allen had an entire Spring to prove he was better. Heck he couldn't even beat out the bad QB we had starting the bowl game. He's certainly not beat out anyone right now to start. But based solely on what are you taking him sight unseen over Card? And Card isn't very good. He'll be a junior before he starts anywhere IF he ever starts anywhere.

Burk and Yaseen are fine companion pieces but no they aren't better than the two I listed who were better at getting open. Brothers has done nothing of note since he's been here. Mockabee has more turnovers this season than he has touchdowns. But I get people love Mockabee because he's a great kid and a great story, so if you want to make him better that's fine. Of course he wasn't even on scholarship until Walters got here. That still leaves every other skill position worse with an oline we ALL knew was going to be really bad coming into the season and a secondary and linebacking group we also knew wasn't going to be great.

You’ve said a lot but have said nothing. I’d love to hear how Knox is better than Mock. I don’t think you could come up with anything meaningful there.

You’re grasping at straws to defend wasted talent and effort here.

You’re going on star rankings alone and not considering coaching and on the field performance. Our coaches haven’t gotten the best out of the talent they do have. 4-3 is no stretch with a loss to a G5 team, a domination by a below average P5 team and a loss to an Iowa team basically playing without a QB.

If they haven’t gotten the best out of what they have…what makes you think talent changes anything? If you think the Hazell holdovers were talented yet one guy went 3-9 with them and one guy went 7-6 with them…doesn’t that suggest the guy who went 7-6 knew what he was doing?

Lots of games coming up with teams with similar talent but if what we’ve seen thus far this year holds we will continue to be out coached and executed.

No excuse for going 3-9 or 4-8 with what we had left from last years team…even though people will exhaust themselves making those excuses.
Lol I haven't mentioned star ratings once, in fact, I literally said star ratings aren't always accurate so I have no idea what you are talking about. I also said nothing about Walters being a good coach because AGAIN for the fourth time I have said and am saying the jury is out on Walters being a good coach. The ONLY point I am making is to push against the nonsense idea that this team was left with talented players. It was not. The players Brohm started with at key positions were better. The issue was line play under Hazell was atrocious along with play calling and overall coaching. JUST like with Tiller there was plenty of talent there, it was just poorly coached. The difference with Brohm is he brought in several oline transfers that plussed up the oline and he did have some good dline players and linebackers already there to go with better defensive coaching and of course much better offensive play calling. So yeah Brohm knew what he was doing better than Hazell, a point no one has disputed or argued against.

You keep wanting to make this into a Walters v Brohm coaching battle which has zero to do with the discussion. No one here is claiming Walters is a better coach than Brohm. Not. A. Single. Person.

What people are taking issue with is the claim that Brohm left a lot of talented players here. He absolutely did not. The oline was always going to be sketchy. The entire defense except maybe the dline and one safety was always going to be sketchy.

We were basically all holding out hope that somehow Walters could work magic with the defense being somewhat unique and that Card would be an upgrade.

Welp, no he can't turn bad into good just with scheming on defense and Card turned out to be the worst starting QB since before Blough. The receivers the worst since well a long time, and the oline similar. So even if folks want to believe Mockabee is better, the oline doesn't consistently block openings.

We ALL came into this season knowing it was going to be tough to make a bowl game and I'm pretty sure that wasn't because we all thought there was such great talent left over, but now history is being rewritten.

Now does that mean the coaching hasn't sucked ALSO? Nope. It has. Which is why we've only beaten two fairly bad teams so far. Because the coaching is trying to scheme things that we don't have the talent or players to do. Like run up the middle on third and short, or play single high safety man coverage on defense.

Those things worked for them before because they had the talent. They don't work now because they don't. The coaching problem is being stubborn and not adjusting to what their players can do instead of forcing them to do what they don't have the talent to do.

So, folks can stop reacting to my posts as if they are defenses of the coaching staff, because they ain't.

Reactions: z_one and drewjin
Lol I haven't mentioned star ratings once, in fact, I literally said star ratings aren't always accurate so I have no idea what you are talking about. I also said nothing about Walters being a good coach because AGAIN for the fourth time I have said and am saying the jury is out on Walters being a good coach. The ONLY point I am making is to push against the nonsense idea that this team was left with talented players. It was not. The players Brohm started with at key positions were better. The issue was line play under Hazell was atrocious along with play calling and overall coaching. JUST like with Tiller there was plenty of talent there, it was just poorly coached. The difference with Brohm is he brought in several oline transfers that plussed up the oline and he did have some good dline players and linebackers already there to go with better defensive coaching and of course much better offensive play calling. So yeah Brohm knew what he was doing better than Hazell, a point no one has disputed or argued against.

You keep wanting to make this into a Walters v Brohm coaching battle which has zero to do with the discussion. No one here is claiming Walters is a better coach than Brohm. Not. A. Single. Person.

What people are taking issue with is the claim that Brohm left a lot of talented players here. He absolutely did not. The oline was always going to be sketchy. The entire defense except maybe the dline and one safety was always going to be sketchy.

We were basically all holding out hope that somehow Walters could work magic with the defense being somewhat unique and that Card would be an upgrade.

Welp, no he can't turn bad into good just with scheming on defense and Card turned out to be the worst starting QB since before Blough. The receivers the worst since well a long time, and the oline similar. So even if folks want to believe Mockabee is better, the oline doesn't consistently block openings.

We ALL came into this season knowing it was going to be tough to make a bowl game and I'm pretty sure that wasn't because we all thought there was such great talent left over, but now history is being rewritten.

Now does that mean the coaching hasn't sucked ALSO? Nope. It has. Which is why we've only beaten two fairly bad teams so far. Because the coaching is trying to scheme things that we don't have the talent or players to do. Like run up the middle on third and short, or play single high safety man coverage on defense.

Those things worked for them before because they had the talent. They don't work now because they don't. The coaching problem is being stubborn and not adjusting to what their players can do instead of forcing them to do what they don't have the talent to do.

So, folks can stop reacting to my posts as if they are defenses of the coaching staff, because they ain't.
100%

Where's Allen starting at right now? If Allen was that much better than Card then why would Card even be here? Allen had an entire Spring to prove he was better. Heck he couldn't even beat out the bad QB we had starting the bowl game. He's certainly not beat out anyone right now to start. But based solely on what are you taking him sight unseen over Card? And Card isn't very good. He'll be a junior before he starts anywhere IF he ever starts anywhere.

Burk and Yaseen are fine companion pieces but no they aren't better than the two I listed who were better at getting open. Brothers has done nothing of note since he's been here. Mockabee has more turnovers this season than he has touchdowns. But I get people love Mockabee because he's a great kid and a great story, so if you want to make him better that's fine. Of course he wasn't even on scholarship until Walters got here. That still leaves every other skill position worse with an oline we ALL knew was going to be really bad coming into the season and a secondary and linebacking group we also knew wasn't going to be great.
Allen played behind an NFL qb last year and is behind a 6th year Senior this year. I personally expect him to start and be good next year but we will see. Card has been terrible and yes I would rather have Allen right now.

Disagree with most of everything else you said. I would take Burk and Mock no question. Mock has definitely had turnover issues but pretty sure that was mostly 1 game. And barring injury he will have a shot at breaking our all time rushing yds record. He is only 400 yards from Knox now as a Sophomore. And he needs 1100 yds over the next 2.5 seasons to pass Jones. As for Burk, he would likely be leading the Big Ten in receiving yards right now if Brohm was coach.

Linebacker and cb imo are the only two areas that are worse now than when Brohm took over. It’s not because of “talent” though as Brohm brought in guys rated very well but haven’t reach their potential at that position. Also lb is a matter of perspective because Walters scheme is strange. Caraway and Jenkins are considered lbs in his system so that would transfer a ton of talent to linebacker.

You’ve said a lot but have said nothing. I’d love to hear how Knox is better than Mock. I don’t think you could come up with anything meaningful there.

You’re grasping at straws to defend wasted talent and effort here.

You’re going on star rankings alone and not considering coaching and on the field performance. Our coaches haven’t gotten the best out of the talent they do have. 4-3 is no stretch with a loss to a G5 team, a domination by a below average P5 team and a loss to an Iowa team basically playing without a QB.

If they haven’t gotten the best out of what they have…what makes you think talent changes anything? If you think the Hazell holdovers were talented yet one guy went 3-9 with them and one guy went 7-6 with them…doesn’t that suggest the guy who went 7-6 knew what he was doing?

Lots of games coming up with teams with similar talent but if what we’ve seen thus far this year holds we will continue to be out coached and executed.

No excuse for going 3-9 or 4-8 with what we had left from last years team…even though people will exhaust themselves making those excuses.

So, folks can stop reacting to my posts as if they are defenses of the coaching staff
1-8 roster is a 1-8 roster. You are what your record says you are. Skill position talent was meh.
Simplistic nonsense

So, folks can stop reacting to my posts as if they are defenses of the coaching staff

Simplistic nonsense
So Brohm didn’t inherit a roster that went 1-8 the year before?

And lost to Maryland 50-7?

Reactions: pboiler18
So Brohm didn’t inherit a roster that went 1-8 the year before?

And lost to Maryland 50-7?
He also inherited a roster with a QB that's in the NFL, and a tight end, and a linebacker, and several more players at skill and key positions that starred for him and would star now. But keep focusing on simplistic arguments.

Reactions: z_one
He also inherited a roster with a QB that's in the NFL, and a tight end, and a linebacker, and several more players at skill and key positions that starred for him and would star now. But keep focusing on simplistic arguments.
He inherited 6-8 decent players that went 1-8.

lol "plays in the NFL" means "Decent players." I listed at a minimum 7 decent players, I didn't even list the NFL players at TE and DT, and there were several other "decent players" on the team as well. Having an NFL level QB kinda gives you a leg up and matters more than any other position. If Blough were on this team right now, we'd have a couple more wins. Toss in an NFL worthy LB and another four year starter at LB plus a near NFL level DT and you'd have a defense that was better, that might actually be able to play the scheme they want to play.

Coach Tiller took a team that went 3-8 the prior season, back where there weren't immediate transfers or a portal, to a 9 win season his first year. That team had the talent to win 9 games, they just didn't have the coaching. There's little difference between 1-8 and 3-8, especially when in the former you can immediately plug holes by poaching the best players from your former team, which is certainly part of what Brohm did, particularly on the O line. Brohm was a significantly better coach who brought in significantly better coaches as well than Hazell so obviously that helped him take much of the same talent and win a lot more games with it.

Brohm took several players to Louisville with him and we lost key position players to the NFL or graduation.

Another year of AOC ON ITS OWN would, again, add a couple of wins to this team...because the QB is just that important. Players at key positions matter. Coaching matters. We don't have talent at key positions. Not like Brohm had when he came in. Now, Brohm is a better coach who would have had a better record with the same team and his coaches. Again, no one is disputing that.

I didn't see you or hardly anyone else predicting a bowl game season in the Spring or Summer. Most people were pretty clear this was going to be a tough year with a thin roster and one of the hardest schedules in the country. I'm confused how that would be the case if so much talent was left on the roster for Walters?

But maybe you can type 1-8 again and it will all become clear.

lol "plays in the NFL" means "Decent players." I listed at a minimum 7 decent players, I didn't even list the NFL players at TE and DT, and there were several other "decent players" on the team as well. Having an NFL level QB kinda gives you a leg up and matters more than any other position. If Blough were on this team right now, we'd have a couple more wins. Toss in an NFL worthy LB and another four year starter at LB plus a near NFL level DT and you'd have a defense that was better, that might actually be able to play the scheme they want to play.

Coach Tiller took a team that went 3-8 the prior season, back where there weren't immediate transfers or a portal, to a 9 win season his first year. That team had the talent to win 9 games, they just didn't have the coaching. There's little difference between 1-8 and 3-8, especially when in the former you can immediately plug holes by poaching the best players from your former team, which is certainly part of what Brohm did, particularly on the O line. Brohm was a significantly better coach who brought in significantly better coaches as well than Hazell so obviously that helped him take much of the same talent and win a lot more games with it.

Brohm took several players to Louisville with him and we lost key position players to the NFL or graduation.

Another year of AOC ON ITS OWN would, again, add a couple of wins to this team...because the QB is just that important. Players at key positions matter. Coaching matters. We don't have talent at key positions. Not like Brohm had when he came in. Now, Brohm is a better coach who would have had a better record with the same team and his coaches. Again, no one is disputing that.

I didn't see you or hardly anyone else predicting a bowl game season in the Spring or Summer. Most people were pretty clear this was going to be a tough year with a thin roster and one of the hardest schedules in the country. I'm confused how that would be the case if so much talent was left on the roster for Walters?

But maybe you can type 1-8 again and it will all become clear.
No. In this offense AOC wouldn’t be successful. That’s the effect coaching has on this team. Tough schedule…yes. But with the roster left over and what was added to it we had the talent to go to a bowl.

Instead, we’ve got a coach trying to learn on the job and it’s clear he’s not doing a great job of learning what works and doesn’t.

All will be abundantly clear over the next 5 weeks where we play 4 teams with similar or worse talent and lose most of them.

Do you see 6 wins here? 2024 schedule.

Saturday
Sep. 7
Indiana State Sycamores Football ScheduleIndiana State SycamoresRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 14
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football ScheduleNotre Dame Fighting IrishRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 21
Oregon State Football Scheduleat Oregon State BeaversReser Stadium, Corvallis, ORTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAIllinois Fighting Illini Football Scheduleat Illinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Champaign, ILTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAIndiana Football Scheduleat Indiana HoosiersMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAMichigan State Football Scheduleat Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MITime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAOhio State Football Scheduleat Ohio State BuckeyesOhio Stadium, Columbus, OHTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANebraska Football ScheduleNebraska CornhuskersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANorthwestern Wildcats Football ScheduleNorthwestern WildcatsRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ET

Saturday
Sep. 7
Indiana State Sycamores Football ScheduleIndiana State SycamoresRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 14
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football ScheduleNotre Dame Fighting IrishRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 21
Oregon State Football Scheduleat Oregon State BeaversReser Stadium, Corvallis, ORTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAIllinois Fighting Illini Football Scheduleat Illinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Champaign, ILTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAIndiana Football Scheduleat Indiana HoosiersMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAMichigan State Football Scheduleat Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MITime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAOhio State Football Scheduleat Ohio State BuckeyesOhio Stadium, Columbus, OHTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANebraska Football ScheduleNebraska CornhuskersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANorthwestern Wildcats Football ScheduleNorthwestern WildcatsRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, INTime TBA ET
I see four, but I'm a cock-eyed optimist like Billy Mumphrey, full of unbridled enthusiasm.

Reactions: Dreambig74

Saturday
Sep. 7
Saturday
Sep. 14
Saturday
Sep. 21
With this staff, no

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
No. In this offense AOC wouldn’t be successful. That’s the effect coaching has on this team. Tough schedule…yes. But with the roster left over and what was added to it we had the talent to go to a bowl.

Instead, we’ve got a coach trying to learn on the job and it’s clear he’s not doing a great job of learning what works and doesn’t.

All will be abundantly clear over the next 5 weeks where we play 4 teams with similar or worse talent and lose most of them.
Nonsense that AOC wouldn't help. The Iowa game was a six point game with poor QB play. That's a win right there.

Few people thought this team was bowl worthy this Spring. Your opinion was an outlier at best back then so stop stating it as a certainty.

Better receivers, running backs, linebackers, cornerbacks and defensive tackles I assume wouldn't help either right? Wouldn't have changed two low single digit losses? Really?

With this staff, no
I don't understand bringing Notre Dame back on the schedule. It's a loss 80% of the time. Maybe it's the money. You got to have 3 easy wins a year with the Big 10 schedule that is coming. Oh Yeah! Oregon is on the schedule too next year.

Nonsense that AOC wouldn't help. The Iowa game was a six point game with poor QB play. That's a win right there.

Few people thought this team was bowl worthy this Spring. Your opinion was an outlier at best back then so stop stating it as a certainty.

Better receivers, running backs, linebackers, cornerbacks and defensive tackles I assume wouldn't help either right? Wouldn't have changed two low single digit losses? Really?
With the talent a school like Purdue can get…no I don’t think that many or any coaches could bring in the level of talent that this staff could win with. I certainly don’t think this coach will get that.

We need a coach who is solid on fundamentals and recruits guys who for the system. We currently have none of that.

I also don’t understand who you think is walking through the door next year. We haven’t seen a RB as good as Mockabee in 20 years and it might be that long until we see one again. Our QB recruit seems decent but won’t be ready til 2025….if at all. Still no LB recruits. Don’t see us upgrading over Scourton and Jenkins at DE. Those guys are good but have been criminally misused all year.

We are talented but you’ve been tricked into thinking we aren’t by poor preparation and coaching on the field. Again, you’ll see 2 years from now as the talent level decreases and the quality on the field continues to backslide. So much more to winning football than just getting the guys…something this or really any other Purdue coach isn’t going to do. We have to scheme to win…and these aren’t winning schemes or the coaches to make that happen

Last edited:
With the talent a school like Purdue can get…no I don’t think that many or any coaches could bring in the level of talent that this staff could win with. I certainly don’t think this coach will get that.

We need a coach who is solid on fundamentals and recruits guys who for the system. We currently have none of that.

I also don’t understand who you think is walking through the door next year. We haven’t seen a RB as good as Mockabee in 20 years and it might be that long until we see one again. Our QB recruit seems decent but won’t be ready til 2025….if at all. Still no LB recruits. Don’t see us upgrading over Scourton and Jenkins at DE. Those guys are good but have been criminally misused all year.

We are talented but you’ve been tricked into thinking we aren’t by poor preparation and coaching on the field. Again, you’ll see 2 years from now as the talent level decreases and the quality on the field continues to backslide. So much more to winning football than just getting the guys…something this or really any other Purdue coach isn’t going to do. We have to scheme to win…and these aren’t winning schemes or the coaches to make that happen
Wow, I'm sorry but Mockabee is not the most talented running back of the last 20 years. Mostert not ring a bell? Good grief if that's your level of talent evaluation I've totally been wasting my time.

Wow, I'm sorry but Mockabee is not the most talented running back of the last 20 years. Mostert not ring a bell? Good grief if that's your level of talent evaluation I've totally been wasting my time.
I mean…that’s an improvement over Knox like you tried to convince yourself a few days back…

But no, another good player that was misused here…like Mockobee might become if Harrell sticks around at OC. I’d look for Mockobee to have a stellar pro career. If you’d think critically…Mosterts never been healthy a whole year to prove himself as a “good” NFL running back. I think he is…but you can’t win any accolades from the IR. I stand by Mockobee…even with an incompetent OC he leaves here as a top 5 Purdue RB of all time.

I think it’s your talent evaluation that needs the tuning.

I mean…that’s an improvement over Knox like you tried to convince yourself a few days back…

But no, another good player that was misused here…like Mockobee might become if Harrell sticks around at OC. I’d look for Mockobee to have a stellar pro career. If you’d think critically…Mosterts never been healthy a whole year to prove himself as a “good” NFL running back. I think he is…but you can’t win any accolades from the IR. I stand by Mockobee…even with an incompetent OC he leaves here as a top 5 Purdue RB of all time.

I think it’s your talent evaluation that needs the tuning.
Mockabee is a nice player. There's nothing, as of yet, to indicate he's an NFL player much less one to have a "stellar pro career." The latest 40 time I can find for him is 4.58 which is below the NFL average for a running back at 4.49. I saw another that said 4.7 but I doubt he's currently that slow. He had a great frosh season in a high scoring offense. He's so far got more fumbles than TDs, although I'm sure the latter will eventually pass the former. There's nothing on any draft board touting him as a pro prospect. There's nothing about this offense to indicate he (or anyone else) is going to blow up the rest of this year. So he's going to go into his junior year with neither amazing stats nor above average NFL measurables. Now, anything is possible. Hard work could lead to him making the NFL, like AOC who also didn't have the measurables and still doesn't but worked his way into a role. He was also talked as a possible NFL player by the start of his junior year.

NONE of that says "stellar pro career." It's wishcasting. Nothing Mockobee has done THIS season isn't something that DJ Knox, or Mostert, or Horvath, or Kory Sheets, or Jaycen Taylor, or Markell Jones, couldn't have done and heck so far this season Tracy has CLEARLY been the better back.

So either you just became a Purdue fan, or you're related to Mockobee.

Saturday
Sep. 7
Saturday
Sep. 14
Saturday
Sep. 21
I mean sure...ISU, OSU, Illinois, Indiana, MSU, NW and Neb are possible wins. Bucks, ND, Ore, PSU, UW are clear losses. 7-5 is probably the ceiling, I'd expect a floor of ISU, Illinois, Indiana and NW for 4-8. My expectation would be 5 or 6 wins with Nebraska and Oregon State probably being the hardest winnable games. Of course if he only wins 4-5 wins this year, then a second season of 4-5 wins with how small his contract and buyout are probably doesn't bode well for him making it to season 3.

Reactions: Dreambig74
Mockabee is a nice player. There's nothing, as of yet, to indicate he's an NFL player much less one to have a "stellar pro career." The latest 40 time I can find for him is 4.58 which is below the NFL average for a running back at 4.49. I saw another that said 4.7 but I doubt he's currently that slow. He had a great frosh season in a high scoring offense. He's so far got more fumbles than TDs, although I'm sure the latter will eventually pass the former. There's nothing on any draft board touting him as a pro prospect. There's nothing about this offense to indicate he (or anyone else) is going to blow up the rest of this year. So he's going to go into his junior year with neither amazing stats nor above average NFL measurables. Now, anything is possible. Hard work could lead to him making the NFL, like AOC who also didn't have the measurables and still doesn't but worked his way into a role. He was also talked as a possible NFL player by the start of his junior year.

NONE of that says "stellar pro career." It's wishcasting. Nothing Mockobee has done THIS season isn't something that DJ Knox, or Mostert, or Horvath, or Kory Sheets, or Jaycen Taylor, or Markell Jones, couldn't have done and heck so far this season Tracy has CLEARLY been the better back.

So either you just became a Purdue fan, or you're related to Mockobee.
You’ve gotta be blind. You really think Mockobee isnt sub 4.5? Please.

The fumbles this year have been an issue but he’s likely to back up a 968/274 yard season with an 800+ yard season. He feasted vs a fantastic defense in OSU and will feast vs IU, NU and others.

And of course he’s not on NFL draft boards…he hasn’t declared for the draft and is an underclassman.

I don’t think Tracy is a bad back but he fits this (bad) offense a bit better. Gotta play though injury to be the best and Mockobee has already surpassed him yardage wise this year.

Of the list you mentioned, Mockobee is a sophomore and will easily be top 10 and surpass most of YOUR list by the end of the year. I think he’s better than everybody on that list except Sheets and will show it through his career …even playing in a bad offense where he gets no help from the OL, QB or pass game.

Again…your talent evaluation is way off. But re-reading the thread you definitely don’t mind being wrong!

You’ve gotta be blind. You really think Mockobee isnt sub 4.5? Please.

The fumbles this year have been an issue but he’s likely to back up a 968/274 yard season with an 800+ yard season. He feasted vs a fantastic defense in OSU and will feast vs IU, NU and others.

And of course he’s not on NFL draft boards…he hasn’t declared for the draft and is an underclassman.

I don’t think Tracy is a bad back but he fits this (bad) offense a bit better. Gotta play though injury to be the best and Mockobee has already surpassed him yardage wise this year.

Of the list you mentioned, Mockobee is a sophomore and will easily be top 10 and surpass most of YOUR list by the end of the year. I think he’s better than everybody on that list except Sheets and will show it through his career …even playing in a bad offense where he gets no help from the OL, QB or pass game.

Again…your talent evaluation is way off. But re-reading the thread you definitely don’t mind being wrong!
Do you think the only people on future draft boards are declared players? Lol I listed what is known about his 40 time I didn't try to eyeball what it is like you are. Lol

You didn't say he will be top ten by the end of the year, you said best in twenty years which includes a back currently starting on a top team in the NFL and two others who spent time in the NFL. It's nonsense.

Apparently, he's the best in 20 years but Tracy is a better fit for the offense? LMAO.
I'm done with you bud.

Do you think the only people on future draft boards are declared players? Lol I listed what is known about his 40 time I didn't try to eyeball what it is like you are. Lol

You didn't say he will be top ten by the end of the year, you said best in twenty years which includes a back currently starting on a top team in the NFL and two others who spent time in the NFL. It's nonsense.

Apparently, he's the best in 20 years but Tracy is a better fit for the offense? LMAO.
I'm done with you bud.
Mostert wasn’t good here. It wasn’t his fault he was mis or not used…but you can’t call him one of the best when he did t produce here.

Yes, Mockobee is a special athlete and is the best player on the offense. He was a better fit in the old offense since we actually threw screens and utilized the RB in the pass game more. Even with being hampered by a poor scheme he’ll still produce this year, just like last.

Keep believing he’s not a pro prospect. I don’t care. You’ll be proven wrong. Just like you’ll be proven wrong when Walters washes out 2 years from now.

Mostert wasn’t good here. It wasn’t his fault he was mis or not used…but you can’t call him one of the best when he did t produce here.

Yes, Mockobee is a special athlete and is the best player on the offense. He was a better fit in the old offense since we actually threw screens and utilized the RB in the pass game more. Even with being hampered by a poor scheme he’ll still produce this year, just like last.

Keep believing he’s not a pro prospect. I don’t care. You’ll be proven wrong. Just like you’ll be proven wrong when Walters washes out 2 years from now.
Lol I think you hit your head, I never once said anything positive about Walters nor did I say Mockabee can't ever be a pro prospect. You're ridiculous.

Why do you need to end every post with that same line about how dumb poster x will look in 2 years when Walters is fired? I have not seen a single post by anyone claiming that he is even good. Kind of makes it look like you're just angry that he's not been incredible right out of the gate and you don't even know what you're arguing about.

Simple fact bad coaches will make good players look bad and good coaches will make "bad" players look good.

Yeah 2023 was going to be a rebuilding year, but what have we even seen? Bad offense and a bad defense.

Why we went for a defensive minded young coach at purdue I'll never know. He obviously didn't have enough experience or star power to get a good dc or oc. He obviously doesn't have the recruiting connections either. He will hopefully be gone next season after defense doesn't improve and offense is still garbage with a 4 win season. Many on the board will cry out that the season was just too hard but hopefully mbob didn't buy that bs.

Simple fact bad coaches will make good players look bad and good coaches will make "bad" players look good.

Yeah 2023 was going to be a rebuilding year, but what have we even seen? Bad offense and a bad defense.

Why we went for a defensive minded young coach at purdue I'll never know. He obviously didn't have enough experience or star power to get a good dc or oc. He obviously doesn't have the recruiting connections either. He will hopefully be gone next season after defense doesn't improve and offense is still garbage with a 4 win season. Many on the board will cry out that the season was just too hard but hopefully mbob didn't buy that bs.
Blah, blah, blah, where were you with recommendations for a replacement for mbob when he had 2 weeks to salvage what was left of the recruiting class?

Blah, blah, blah, where were you with recommendations for a replacement for mbob when he had 2 weeks to salvage what was left of the recruiting class?
Cope harder my dude, I'm not the ad so who gives a dick about my suggestions. I didn't like Ryan Walter day 1. Guy has no purdue connection, has limited years at dc and college football for the mids to low p5 is all about putting points on the board. So woo-hoo I was right Walter is trending towards hazel than say hope so year 1 is terrible, I have 0 hope for year 2, the only hope I have is that the d riders jump off it by then. I don't want to lose to coach Leo and see Tim the tool man get fired by Monday lol.

Cope harder my dude, I'm not the ad so who gives a dick about my suggestions. I didn't like Ryan Walter day 1. Guy has no purdue connection, has limited years at dc and college football for the mids to low p5 is all about putting points on the board. So woo-hoo I was right Walter is trending towards hazel than say hope so year 1 is terrible, I have 0 hope for year 2, the only hope I have is that the d riders jump off it by then. I don't want to lose to coach Leo and see Tim the tool man get fired by Monday lol.
Well at least you got the part about no one giving a dick about your suggestions. I wasn't overly enthralled about a defensive minded coach taking over, but I thought at the time our choices were very limited. I certainly wanted to give him a chance to succeed. He is already a better recruiter than Hazel. He certainly has his work cut out for him. That Nebraska game was a disaster.

I support Walters being catapulted to the Hot Seat.

I’m used to seeing at least one new offensive play every week.

Well at least you got the part about no one giving a dick about your suggestions. I wasn't overly enthralled about a defensive minded coach taking over, but I thought at the time our choices were very limited. I certainly wanted to give him a chance to succeed. He is already a better recruiter than Hazel. He certainly has his work cut out for him. That Nebraska game was a disaster.
Keep riding that d mrs. Walters maybe you can rebuild your champaign house aiming Bert isn't kicked out of town before your husband.

Keep riding that d mrs. Walters maybe you can rebuild your champaign house aiming Bert isn't kicked out of town before your husband.
Keep sucking Bs d. He isn't coming back. Better move to Lville where you can worship in person. LOL New user name? LOL

Last edited:
"I’m used to seeing at least one new offensive play every week."

Well, you got one last week. Ineptitude causing a missed field goal and 7 points for the opponent. hopefully we won't be seeing similar in the weeks ahead, but Michigan might have something to say about that.

Reactions: z_one and tenwest

Saturday
Sep. 7
Saturday
Sep. 14
Saturday
Sep. 21
I see maybe 3.

Mockabee is making chicken salad out of chicken shit right now. Injuries to an offensive line that was thin on talent to start with is making some call him a "Good Story"...
If he transferred to a better team, I would not blame him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT