ADVERTISEMENT

WALTERS BLAMES YOU

in regards to the 20 class who had 21 commits w/ a 31 rating in it only 7 of them are on the roster
Cool story. And many additional talented transfers have come in since. Jones, Tracy, Brothers, Anderson… just to name a few. There is zero argument for Purdue not having enough talent to win 7-9 games with a good coach.

If you want to keep thinking we have no talent then carry on my man.

So we should shoot for one class ranked within the top 45 every four years? Sounds like a plan for success.
We should shoot for higher. Where exactly did I say that’s what we should shoot for? What I said is that we have enough talent that any good coach would have in the neighborhood of 5 wins prior to today’s game.

We should shoot for higher. Where exactly did I say that’s what we should shoot for? What I said is that we have enough talent that any good coach would have in the neighborhood of 5 wins prior to today’s game.
So those classes, which were brought in by a coach with a completely different offensive and defensive scheme, are so talented and have such a good understanding of the new scheme that they should’ve hit the ground running after a summer of practice? I expected better results when the season started but the current progression is not shocking.
Recruiting already looks way better and the product on the field is looking better with time. If you can’t handle a down year during a coaching transition then you probably will never be satisfied as a fan of Purdue or any school that’s not a Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, etc. And even then you’ll eventually be unhappy

So those classes, which were brought in by a coach with a completely different offensive and defensive scheme, are so talented and have such a good understanding of the new scheme that they should’ve hit the ground running after a summer of practice? I expected better results when the season started but the current progression is not shocking.
Recruiting already looks way better and the product on the field is looking better with time. If you can’t handle a down year during a coaching transition then you probably will never be satisfied as a fan of Purdue or any school that’s not a Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, etc. And even then you’ll eventually be unhappy
6 wins isn’t exactly hitting the ground running coming off 9 and 8 win seasons. And yep I do believe we should have at least won 6. All but two games so far has been winnable.

And I am not a consistently unhappy fan. I was happy to give Brohm time after the Hazel years before he got to a bowl. Turns out he was a good coach and didn’t need it. I love what I am seeing in recruiting and am willing to see what Walters is doing after 2-3 years. But even with two more wins I think we miss several opportunities this season.

Yesterday was amazing and shows the potential of this team, roster, and coaches. Let’s keep it growing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT