ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to the Lakers??

Gemini95

Junior
Nov 15, 2012
According to Adrian Wojnarowski Lakers are in serious talks with Hurley on a long term deal.

Please baby Jesus get this jackwagon out of college bb. His ego is a better fit for NBA.

Reactions: seminolesboilers
According to Adrian Wojnarowski Lakers are in serious talks with Hurley on a long term deal.

Please baby Jesus get this jackwagon out of college bb. His ego is a better fit for NBA.
Not sure I see the fit… either way…. I don’t see NBA stars putting up with his act…. And don’t see why he would want to jump on that sinking ship, other than for a massive payday. Have all their cap tied up in 2 guys who are old and/or constantly hurt, and have traded away most of their future draft picks… maybe he’s just tired of the portal/NIL circus.

The Lakers reportedly are offering a $10 million per year pay raise and a six-year deal. If I’m Hurley, I’m saying, “Hire me to fire me.” It’s a no-lose situation for him. If he stays in Storrs, he’s a dope.

Don't see a fit. But hope it happens. He is just a guy that is easy to dislike.

I read his wife is from the west coast, so that would be another reason to move. He is young enough to return to the NCAA later, and much richer.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Not sure I see the fit… either way…. I don’t see NBA stars putting up with his act…. And don’t see why he would want to jump on that sinking ship, other than for a massive payday. Have all their cap tied up in 2 guys who are old and/or constantly hurt, and have traded away most of their future draft picks… maybe he’s just tired of the portal/NIL circus.
It's win win for him. He's already proved himself in college. So best case he goes to the NBA and makes a ton of money and wins.

Worst case, he goes to the NBA, makes a ton of money, fails, and then returns to pretty much any college team with a coaching opening he wants, and makes a ton of money.

Reactions: Dryfly88
I don't think he is going anywhere. It's a big ego boost for him and may bring him some more $$ from UConn, though.

It's win win for him. He's already proved himself in college. So best case he goes to the NBA and makes a ton of money and wins.

Worst case, he goes to the NBA, makes a ton of money, fails, and then returns to pretty much any college team with a coaching opening he wants, and makes a ton of money.
And in the NBA, he can just coach, and then take the summer off…. instead of begging kids to come, begging kids to stay, and begging donors to pay the kids to stay, all offseason.

And in the NBA, he can just coach, and then take the summer off…. instead of begging kids to come, begging kids to stay, and begging donors to pay the kids to stay, all offseason.
And is there any actual "coaching" in the NBA? He can just stand on the side of the court.. yell his favorite color every once in a while and collect a huge paycheck.

And is there any actual "coaching" in the NBA? He can just stand on the side of the court.. yell his favorite color every once in a while and collect a huge paycheck.
Yeah there actually is… and you can tell because the bad ones (Darvin Ham/Nate Bjorkgren) get exposed quickly.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
At least for one more year in LA, no there isn't. LeBron is the coach. If he likes you, you stay.

No! But so on topic! Let’s talk Brewers baseball or maybe some NCAA track and Field championships!

In a related move to this post, Darvin Hamm is returning to be an assistant coach for the Bucks. Who saw that coming?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT