ADVERTISEMENT

How far we go in March?

I want to say Final Four, but unless Loyer comes back to life,
or Painter makes an adjustment, I see Sweet 16 or Elite 8.
Hope I'm wrong.
I tend to agree. Maybe this team really does go as far as Zach and Braden take them and we just hope that we don't have a game where either of them has a rough time but I'd feel a lot better if we were getting more consistent productivity out of Fletcher.

The Carsen / Cline team really lived and died with those two and everyone else just doing their job.

No idea. It's a one and done tournament and matchups/injuries/officiating/players having off days or going nuts all matter in a single elimination tournament.
What's your best guess? A Sweet 16 loss would be disappointing to me.
Elite 8 would be acceptable, but I want the Final Four.

I tend to agree. Maybe this team really does go as far as Zach and Braden take them and we just hope that we don't have a game where either of them has a rough time but I'd feel a lot better if we were getting more consistent productivity out of Fletcher.

The Carsen / Cline team really lived and died with those two and everyone else just doing their job.
How far do you think we go?

Winning a championship will depend on making clutch free throws in the last minute. And being able to defend against those last second three point attempts! In the past we haven’t been able to do either and we lost.

Rather than Myles making threes and getting more playing time what is most encouraging was Zach making his free throws!

Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
I have no stats and am too lazy to look them up. but I "feel" we need to be FIRED-UP to win our 1st two games (I know, that's a duh, but they are always a challenge for many teams.) Then avoid this year's mid-major Cinderella ... There always is one. Of course we have weakness, but not like the past few years. #1, we have players who HATE to lose. Emotions carry many teams in the tourney. I anticipate Smith, Jones, and Edey do some serious "come to Jesus" yelling before the game, in time outs and at half-time, regardless of the score.

I'll say it: I want to see this team win the national championship. I want to watch Big Maple cut down the nets without needing a ladder. I want everyone who doubted Braden to suck it.

I'm not expecting it. National champions almost always have multiple future NBA guys. But for once I don't think it's totally unrealistic.

Honestly we should make the final 4. If we can get consistent bench performance of 20+ pts from Heide, Gillis and the bench in general with our starting 5 clicking, we should roll.

I honestly hope our second game is the one against the team who tries the FDU type game plan and we are clicking. Maybe that’s the game where Smith, Jones, Loyer and Edey all go for 20+. Other coaches reconsider that approach and go for a straight up in the next game or two and we cruise to our final four.

Well, assuming we land a one seed the odds of us making an Elite 8 are a little under 70% and odds of a final four are a little over 40%. I'll buck the odds and say that we make it to the FF but who the heck knows.
I mean is there another seed that has a better than 40 percent odds of making the final four?

Let's be honest. This team would crush last year's Purdue team. We are better at every starting position, and our depth is much better. Last year's team stunk. All they did was win the Big 10 by three games. They choked in the playoffs, except when they breezed through the Big 10 Tournament. They were only the number 1 seed.

Purdue players, please remember to have fun. You know what you are capable of doing. Get focused on what you have to do, and you will do fine.

I know you will win the National Championship, but it does not matter to me. I enjoy rooting for you guys, and I have enjoyed watching you play like fine young men. Keep it up!

Edey had a nice interview with SVP on SC. Scott, although a Maryland fan, indicated he really wanted to see Purdue cut down the nets this year…., for Edey, CMP and the Purdue fan base. You tube it.

There is no doubt this team can win it all. Final Four minimum, but I’m leaning towards them winning it all.

Nope, that’s why you pick the field if you’re playing the odds my friend.
Except picking the field isn't really an option. (Yes I'm sure technically it's a betting option).

You give me 40 percent odds on a great thing happening and those are probably the best odds you are going to get in life.

Except picking the field isn't really an option. (Yes I'm sure technically it's a betting option).

You give me 40 percent odds on a great thing happening and those are probably the best odds you are going to get in life.
It will be an option for IU fans, I promise you that they'll be rooting for anyone other than Purdue :)

I'm not minimizing the opportunity, just stating that even as a 1 seed the odds in general are less than 50% of making the FF. Now if this Purdue team is playing its best basketball I'd put the actual odds as significantly higher than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT