ADVERTISEMENT

How do you think.....

How about using it against a team not shooting 3's well, in order to protect players in foul trouble ?
I’m all about trying a zone against a quick 5 out team, to keep Edey from chasing some guy around the 3 point line. It would probably require taking Braden and Fletch out tho.

I’m all about trying a zone against a quick 5 out team, to keep Edey from chasing some guy around the 3 point line. It would probably require taking Braden and Fletch out tho.
Could be a 1-3-1 where you hide Braden at the back 1 or do a 3-2 and have Braden or fletch on the wing but probably need fletch sitting out and have Heide at top and jones on wing.

Reactions: Riveting-
Could be a 1-3-1 where you hide Braden at the back 1 or do a 3-2 and have Braden or fletch on the wing but probably need fletch sitting out and have Heide at top and jones on wing.
I’ve thought the time to try a zone might be with the 2nd unit. Furst, Heide, Colvin, Gillis, and then maybe Lance?

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Braden is a bit small for backside I imagine due to teams attacking short corner. 3/2 would require Zach and whoever to cover the baseline shot off a pass. Could hold Zach in tight if dribbled to close to baseline and let top guy take baseline. A team like Purdue is probably a 2/3 if it were to happen. That said one or maybe two passes and all zones look the same because they are covering weak areas a lot

Braden is a bit small for backside I imagine due to teams attacking short corner. 3/2 would require Zach and whoever to cover the baseline shot off a pass. Could hold Zach in tight if dribbled to close to baseline and let top guy take baseline. A team like Purdue is probably a 2/3 if it were to happen. That said one or maybe two passes and all zones look the same because they are covering weak areas a lot
True. Just trying to figure out how to make it work with the starters. I think the 2-3 may work too but may be tough with Lance and Braden up top and Loyer on the wing

True. Just trying to figure out how to make it work with the starters. I think the 2-3 may work too but may be tough with Lance and Braden up top and Loyer on the wing
Yep. It is a common topic for people to voice displeasure with Fletcher’s D. A coach can try to hide a player weaker on D when in man by assigning him to a player and putting him on someone he is more likely to have success. Course if switching the opposition can eventually get the matchup they want, but in a pure zone can put who or how many on the weaker man’s area in a zone easier and quicker

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT