ADVERTISEMENT

How did Iowa win the big ten west?

Dec 1, 2023
They literally don’t have a passing game. I actually think out of all the teams in the west Northwestern would have the best chance to make a game out of Michigan (veteran QBs and WRs).

If it wasn't for that large punt return the halftime score would be 3-0. That's how they win with their defense. So Iowa is making a game out of it, but not their offense, and it's unfortunate they had that one return against them. Of course, if you like scoring, it's pretty bad.

Reactions: pboiler18
Iowa's defense is impressive, and the rest of the Big Ten West is also God awful this year. IMO, the entire Big Ten conference was fairly unimpressive, even with Michigan and Ohio State.

Assuming Michigan seizes final control, it will have its hands full with whomever they would end up matched against (likely to be Alabama or Texas, as Michigan/Washington would probably be the top 2 seeds). I see Florida State on the outside looking in regardless of the result tonight in the ACC Championship game.

Wow....if these teams played 15 Quarters, I don't know if Iowa would score on offense. These last two championship games today were absolute snooze-fests, even if you like to see some good defense......which I count myself in that group.

Yeah but - they have great OL personnel! Tic

Iowa has benefitted greatly from the weak BT West. Next year when USC, Oregon etc come to town, the days of 9-7 wins every week are over for the Hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT