ADVERTISEMENT

Odd night in the Big Ten for the women

MichaelRR

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 17, 2022
In 5 games, the road team won 4 of them. The margins of victory were 13+ in all 5 games, with Iowa winning by 36. I did not expect IU without Parrish to poleaxe Md that way, 87-73 IU win. Braun is out at UMinn so their losing to a surging PSU team is not surprising. UILL crushing UMich at Ann Arbor 77-64 was shocking, but Illinois seems to finally be getting it all back together (just in time for us, yay) and Michigan has been very unpredictable whether they play well or badly from game to game.

I feel bad for UMinn, they just saw their NCAA chances pretty much evaporate, but they are building something good up there and I really like their new coach. PSU is going to the dance, they pretty much punched their ticket last night unless they have a late season meltdown. Michigan and Maryland look like bubble teams at best and need to finish strong to get in the NCAA and Illinois is teetering on WNIT eligibility and needs to finish a game above .500 the rest of the way out to be able to go. Wisconsin is in the same boat as Illinois, but I don't think either can go .500 as they have too many tough games left. So I am guessing the Big Ten gets 6-7 teams in the NCAA and 2-3 in the WNIT.

And today, all three road teams won, including two big upsets. Rutgers gets their first Big Ten win AT NEBRASKA. Michigan upsets Penn St at Happy Valley and unsurprisingly Iowa beats Maryland at MD for their first win there since Maryland joined the Big Ten and longer. Last Iowa win at UMd was with C. Vivian Stringer as head coach in 1992.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT