ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Brohm sticks with Sindelar as the starting QB

Jul 15, 2017
Blough is a nice kid, but not the answer. Elijah needs more experience before the staff can determine if he's the answer.

Nerd, throw that coin in the air, heads Blough Wins and tails Sindelar loses.
Both are going to play better this week, they know and everybody else knows we gave it away last week, this is a must win in my mind, which QB leads them to Victory, I hope they both do!!!

Reactions: Bippus33
Until we hit 7 losses, I think you gotta play for this year. I do agree that Blough is much closer to his ceiling than Sindelar, but if he gives you a better shot at squeezing out 3 more wins, you take it.

I think you start Blough and unless we see a repeat of the Michigan 1st quarter... 14 plays, 33 yards, 0 points... you stick with him. He's going to have to make some things happen with his feet though.

sindelar throws way too many interceptions for my taste and he has limited mobility. blough has mobility but arm isnt as strong. neither has shown me what it takes to win at this level. hopefully we can recruit some better talent at the skill positions as our wr stink also.

Sindelar just doesn't get the offense moving the same way Blough does. The receivers didn't help him out, but his placement isn't as good as Blough's and he doesn't have the same touch. Blough also can grab a first down with his legs and the defenses have adjusted to press Man because our WRs can't get open. That will mean opportunities for Blough to scramble. It's obvious that Blough is much better for the offense. The problem is the backbreaking mistakes st the worst times, but keep in mind that Sindelar is turning the ball over as well and missing key third down throws. It's got to be Blough and unfortunately I don't think Sindelar is the answer for the future. CJB needs somebody to take over. Hopefully it's Sipe, but it may not be until Plummer, who is at least 2 years away from being able to contribute. Maybe go for a graduate transfer after Blough graduates? I'm not sure, but nothing Sindelar has done has impressed me. In fairness, the WRs are not good enough to go win the deep ball and the offensive line doesn't give him the time needed. Maybe he takes a step forward next year when the oline is better, but that would be surprising.

The backup QB is always the favorite. Forgot who said that, but this has happened time and time again here only to have the backup come in and perform like crap and then people scream for the other to be put in.

Same thing happened earlier this season when blough was struggling people wanted ES. He's in now people want Blough.

Reality check, neither are good enough to create any tangible separation from one another an CJB knows what he is doing. He just doesn't have much to work with.

Reality check, neither are good enough to create any tangible separation from one another an CJB knows what he is doing. He just doesn't have much to work with.

more raw talent and/or better system fit?

will have to recruit at higher levels considering blough was elite 11 finalist, sindelar 4 star(espn), 18th pro style(247)

If you read between the lines of the comments that Brohm had last week where he mentioned the staff knew who the starter would be and that they were hoping that individual would simply step up and take the reigns finally....along with then mentioning that if Sindelar had the players around him, he could pick a defense a part..

I believe that because Sindelar is a guy who just stands tall in the pocket and doesn't have the talent around him to do that, the staff wants Blough to start acting like a second year starter and captain, and take the reigns of the entire offense like Bentley has done with the defense.

Arguably Bloughs best game at Purdue was 2015 Nebraska game-Although I also thought 2017 Mizzou game was solid .

If Blough performs like he did against the Huskers 2 yrs ago, PU should win by 3 touchdowns. Our defense is much better now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT