ADVERTISEMENT

He's make a list, checking it twice

BoiledSteel

Sophomore
Aug 5, 2016
Ah you poor haters must be so angry that we won last night! I mean not only did we win, but Painter also managed to squash all the bright ideas from the 'experts' on here over the last week as well!

So let's run through some eh?

Eastern isn't a PG -- Yep. Proven wrong. And he was clutch.

Grady sucks and should never play -- Yep. Proven wrong. He had some crucial points and plays that were very key to our victory.

Taken from the game thread: Painter can't beat a ranked team! -- Yep Proven wrong.

Painter can't recruit -- Yep proven wrong. Mr Wheeler says hello.

Williams needs to play all the minutes! -- Yep proven wrong. While I think he will be a great player for us, he isn't ready yet and was lost when he got his chance last night.

We need zone! Our defense can't stop anyone! -- Yep proven wrong. The critical stops at the end of the game say otherwise.

I could keep going on and on because the evidence that that hatertards are wrong on everything is massive. You all have been exposed for the dim bulbs that you are and it's hilarious. All of you haters have lost every ounce of credibility and need to just stick to making cookies in your easy bake oven because not a one of you understands basketball.

Reactions: Boilerrush
Eastern proved he's a quality point guard? I must've watched a different game than you. Does he play good defense - absolutely. Is he even an average point guard on the offensive end - absolutely not. The problem is that this team doesn't have a point guard so he may be the best we got - which means we're destined to a) have teams sag off him because he can't shoot, b) have silly turnovers on what should be basic passes (he had at least 2 last night), c) silly turnovers where he dribbles of his foot/leg, and d) very few fast break points because he doesn't see the floor very well.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Eastern proved he's a quality point guard? I must've watched a different game than you. Does he play good defense - absolutely. Is he even an average point guard on the offensive end - absolutely not. The problem is that this team doesn't have a point guard so he may be the best we got - which means we're destined to a) have teams sag off him because he can't shoot, b) have silly turnovers on what should be basic passes (he had at least 2 last night), c) silly turnovers where he dribbles of his foot/leg, and d) very few fast break points because he doesn't see the floor very well.

The thing is I think eastern does see the floor but he doesn't have the confidence to exploit. He looks tentative to me and that isn't going to work great at this level.
He had two open court situations last night that stuck out. One he pulled out of a one on one with a smaller player and the other he tried to force a pass to grady.
Kinda shows me he isn't feeling it right mow. I hope the young man gets back to where he's just playing and not thinking as much because he seems like a great boiler that has a lot of tools to really help a good team. It might just be that he wants to be too good instead of just being himself.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
If it's a loss at Texas ..
They'll be back !
Sadly, you're right. I think those that want to be critical have valid points, other than the firing of Painter, but they should take the emotion out of it.

Meh, it can be entertaining. Kinda like this thread because it is not going to be very civil for very long.

I think threads like this are what piss people off..Painter wins a game when favored by 8 points and is declared gods gift to coaching and all the criticisms are wrong...wins are going to be hard to come by in the big ten. Take the win, keep your head down and get ready for Sunday.

Ah you poor haters must be so angry that we won last night! I mean not only did we win, but Painter also managed to squash all the bright ideas from the 'experts' on here over the last week as well!

Grady sucks and should never play -- Yep. Proven wrong. He had some crucial points and plays that were very key to our victory.

Taken from the game thread: Painter can't beat a ranked team! -- Yep Proven wrong.

Williams needs to play all the minutes! -- Yep proven wrong. While I think he will be a great player for us, he isn't ready yet and was lost when he got his chance last night.

We need zone! Our defense can't stop anyone! -- Yep proven wrong. The critical stops at the end of the game say otherwise.

I could keep going on and on because the evidence that that hatertards are wrong on everything is massive. You all have been exposed for the dim bulbs that you are and it's hilarious. All of you haters have lost every ounce of credibility and need to just stick to making cookies in your easy bake oven because not a one of you understands basketball.
Okay, I'll take the bait.

First of all it was a good and much needed win. I think nearly all on here are happy Purdue won!

I haven't seen many on this Board say that Purdue isn't at least a borderline tournament team this year. We beat the 5th highest rated team in the B10 at home and we need wins like this to make the tournament We are now tied for 6th with 4 other teams.

Now one by one. I don't agree with all of these arguments but I'll challenge your assertions:

Nojel is not a PG....proven wrong. For the record I think he has to play point guard because he's the best option we currently have but what did Nojel due to prove this wrong? He had 4 points 2 assists and 2 turnovers, He had to be subbed out at the end of the game on offense because of his free throw shooting. I'm not knocking him. That play at the end was exceptional and he does some nice things for us but I don't think last night proved anyone wrong.

Grady sucks and should never play.... I think most have said that Grady needs to be a contributor but people have argued that others need more minutes. One could argue the key to last nights win was the play of Wheeler. He scored 25% of our points. For the first time this year he played more minutes than Grady.

I've never seen anyone say Painter can't beat ranked teams. We've had a dry spell lately but its not an anomaly for us to beat a 20 to 25 ranked team, especially at home.

Purdue can't recruit... There is debate on the Board on whether Painter can recruit well enough to make Purdue an elite program. The debate is whether fans are happy with the status quo or whether its worth the risk to try for something greater. Little about last night added anything to that discussion.

Williams needs more minutes...proven wrong. Williams played two minutes and looked okay. Again I don't necessarily agree that he should play more but what about last nights game proved he doesn't need more minutes? Maybe because Haarms played better last night?

I haven't seen many threads about the zone this year.

I think threads like this are what piss people off..Painter wins a game when favored by 8 points and is declared gods gift to coaching and all the criticisms are wrong...wins are going to be hard to come by in the big ten. Take the win, keep your head down and get ready for Sunday.
To be fair, same can be said when we lose. The team loses a game to quality opponents and some want to tar and feather Painter.

There really seems to be no happy medium here and it is just a vicious cycle that keeps repeating.

Last edited:
Reactions: PU pit bull
Yeah let’s not forget Vegas gave us 3 to 1 odds to win and we had to give everything we had to get that W. Much needed but we were fully expected to win that game comfortably. Some decent points but you’re way ahead of yourself.

Exactly 1 of those points was "Proven" wrong last night (Painter can't beat ranked teams). The other points you tried to make were not "proven" wrong last night.

Troll harder.

Exactly 1 of those points was "Proven" wrong last night (Painter can't beat ranked teams). The other points you tried to make were not "proven" wrong last night.

Troll harder.
They all were. Just because you aren't smart enough to see it doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Be smarter.

I'm sure this sounded great in your head as you typed it, but it's not really helpful. I'm not sure that 1.) you accurately represented the arguments/criticisms here lately and that 2.) even if you did that they were definitively proven wrong by anything last night. Again, we're all (mostly) Purdue fans here. It says just as much about you that your main reaction to Purdue winning a game is to come on the forum and admonish those you don't think are "good enough" fans because of disagreements, as it does about them when they complain after a loss.

Okay, I'll take the bait.

First of all it was a good and much needed win. I think nearly all on here are happy Purdue won!

I haven't seen many on this Board say that Purdue isn't at least a borderline tournament team this year. We beat the 5th highest rated team in the B10 at home and we need wins like this to make the tournament We are now tied for 6th with 4 other teams.

Now one by one. I don't agree with all of these arguments but I'll challenge your assertions:

Nojel is not a PG....proven wrong. For the record I think he has to play point guard because he's the best option we currently have but what did Nojel due to prove this wrong? He had 4 points 2 assists and 2 turnovers, He had to be subbed out at the end of the game on offense because of his free throw shooting. I'm not knocking him. That play at the end was exceptional and he does some nice things for us but I don't think last night proved anyone wrong.

Grady sucks and should never play.... I think most have said that Grady needs to be a contributor but people have argued that others need more minutes. One could argue the key to last nights win was the play of Wheeler. He scored 25% of our points. For the first time this year he played more minutes than Grady.

I've never seen anyone say Painter can't beat ranked teams. We've had a dry spell lately but its not an anomaly for us to beat a 20 to 25 ranked team, especially at home.

Purdue can't recruit... There is debate on the Board on whether Painter can recruit well enough to make Purdue an elite program. The debate is whether fans are happy with the status quo or whether its worth the risk to try for something greater. Little about last night added anything to that discussion.

Williams needs more minutes...proven wrong. Williams played two minutes and looked okay. Again I don't necessarily agree that he should play more but what about last nights game proved he doesn't need more minutes? Maybe because Haarms played better last night?

I haven't seen many threads about the zone this year.

This ^^^^ 100%.

I LOVE Eastern. Fantastic defender. Deserves every minute he gets. But his strength isn't really at point guard. I can't quote his assist/turnover ratio. But not sure it's that great right now.

Grady played OK. But it's time for him to be a backup off the bench for Wheeler and Evan with limited minutes as a role player. I was disappointed last night seeing Wheeler get hot in the first half, and then Grady comes out as the starter in the second half. That didn't make much sense to me.

Williams needs more minutes to develop. He can be an asset. But he's only gonna learn from mistakes if he's allowed to play through some.

I'm sure this sounded great in your head as you typed it, but it's not really helpful. I'm not sure that 1.) you accurately represented the arguments/criticisms here lately and that 2.) even if you did that they were definitively proven wrong by anything last night. Again, we're all (mostly) Purdue fans here. It says just as much about you that your main reaction to Purdue winning a game is to come on the forum and admonish those you don't think are "good enough" fans because of disagreements, as it does about them when they complain after a loss.
*Yawn*. You think that I am going to bother with anything more than calling the hatertards out on this forum? Please, this place is such a joke that the only thing suitable for it is calling the morons out.

They rant their mouths for days after the loss and now that all of their statements have been proven wrong, they deserve every ounce of flack they get.

Reactions: Boilerrush
For those that have been here longer than myself, does BoiledSteel ever post something that doesn't include derogatory name calling and childish insults? Sometimes I wonder what his life is like....and if he's this way in person. If he is.....he must be one lonely dude.

This ^^^^ 100%.

I LOVE Eastern. Fantastic defender. Deserves every minute he gets. But his strength isn't really at point guard. I can't quote his assist/turnover ratio. But not sure it's that great right now.

Grady played OK. But it's time for him to be a backup off the bench for Wheeler and Evan with limited minutes as a role player. I was disappointed last night seeing Wheeler get hot in the first half, and then Grady comes out as the starter in the second half. That didn't make much sense to me.

Williams needs more minutes to develop. He can be an asset. But he's only gonna learn from mistakes if he's allowed to play through some.
Lol, speaking of not knowing anything. Grady played 'ok'? He played great and was key to winning.

How do you not fall down more often?

Go back and get your GED. You're a moron.
Lol I'm guessing you work some low end blue collar job. You certainly didn't graduate from Purdue.

We beat a middle of the pack Big Ten team at HOME last night, and you act like we finally got passed the S16.

For those that have been here longer than myself, does BoiledSteel ever post something that doesn't include derogatory name calling and childish insults? Sometimes I wonder what his life is like....and if he's this way in person. If he is.....he must be one lonely dude.
He deflects all of his shortcomings in life to posters in this forum. For example, he is constantly telling posters to "Go get their GED". This tells me that he is currently working hard to acquire his own GED. I truly hope he gets it this time around.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

AGREE 100%

Reactions: BoiledSteel
Lol I'm guessing you work some low end blue collar job. You certainly didn't graduate from Purdue.

We beat a middle of the pack Big Ten team at HOME last night, and you act like we finally got passed the S16.
Lol I'm guessing you work, wait, no you probably don't work. Even McDonalds would take a hard pass on someone like you.

We beat a ranked team in a tough battle and a team that is likely to be a solid NCAA threat. And considering how strong the B1G is year, a middle of the pack team isn't a pushover. If you had an IQ higher than a stink bug, you'd understand.

Now shut up and get back to your easy bake oven.

Middle of the pack? We beat a ranked team. Doomed if we do and doomed if we don't. Come on.
You can't take the haters seriously. They lost every ounce of credibility last night and they can't handle it.

I genuinely think they are sad we won.

Lol I'm guessing you work, wait, no you probably don't work. Even McDonalds would take a hard pass on someone like you.

We beat a ranked team in a tough battle and a team that is likely to be a solid NCAA threat. And considering how strong the B1G is year, a middle of the pack team isn't a pushover. If you had an IQ higher than a stink bug, you'd understand.

Now shut up and get back to your easy bake oven.
It was a Q2 win. Solid, but certainly doesn't make us a lock for the tournament. Go look at Maryland's schedule and tell me the good teams they've beaten. I'll wait.

Middle of the pack? We beat a ranked team. Doomed if we do and doomed if we don't. Come on.
Go look at their NET ranking. They are the 7th or 8th best Big Ten team according to that ranking. There are 14 teams in the Big Ten. That by definition makes them middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Go look at their schedule and tell me their quality wins.

Reactions: NC_Boiler
Go look at their NET ranking. They are the 7th or 8th best Big Ten team according to that ranking. There are 14 teams in the Big Ten. That by definition makes them middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Go look at their schedule and tell me their quality wins.
Again since you can't keep up, 'middle of the pack' in a conference as difficult as the B1G is this year is saying something. Plus their schedule must mean something since they were ranked and all.

Again you are proven to be a moron and clueless about basketball. I actually am embarrassed for you now. You truly are either mentally challenged or just such a loser that even when faced with irrefutable evidence that you were wrong, you can't just man up. You have lost all credibility and it just makes me chuckle because everyone but you hatertards knew it would happen.

Go look at their NET ranking. They are the 7th or 8th best Big Ten team according to that ranking. There are 14 teams in the Big Ten. That by definition makes them middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Go look at their schedule and tell me their quality wins.[/QUOTE

We have to at least acknowledge that Maryland is a ranked opponent, or you are going to be saying that against a few more like Ohio st. ( who I think has had a very easy schedule). If We didn't beat them, we would be hearing how bad Haarms defense is and how he hasn't gotten any better this year, just ride with a win over a team we held two of their three top scorers in check most of the night.

Again since you can't keep up, 'middle of the pack' in a conference as difficult as the B1G is this year is saying something. Plus their schedule must mean something since they were ranked and all.

Again you are proven to be a moron and clueless about basketball. I actually am embarrassed for you now. You truly are either mentally challenged or just such a loser that even when faced with irrefutable evidence that you were wrong, you can't just man up. You have lost all credibility and it just makes me chuckle because everyone but you hatertards knew it would happen.
So if we lose to Texas on Sunday (I hope we don't), I can @ you and call out everything to team did wrong and say you lost credibility, because you are here spewing all this crap today?

I dont think OSU is as good as their ranking suggests either. The board was very civil and positive before this troll started this thread. Surely you see that he started this thread in hopes of creating controversy, right? He's a troll. Nothing more. Nothing less.

So if we lose to Texas on Sunday (I hope we don't), I can @ you and call out everything to team did wrong and say you lost credibility, because you are here spewing all this crap today?
Call me out for what? I'm not on here denouncing the coach and the team after a loss like you hatertards and am not predicting anything this season because we are not the team of last year. It's not really that hard of a concept.

And don't try and kid us, you hope we lose every game this year.

I dont think OSU is as good as their ranking suggests either. The board was very civil and positive before this troll started this thread. Surely you see that he started this thread in hopes of creating controversy, right? He's a troll. Nothing more. Nothing less.
No it wasn't. This board has been trash ever since the loss and your postings over the summer.

You're a freakin idiot and a hypocrite. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't ever think name calling is wise, but the person has a lot of interesting points. Just agreeing with the points, not the name calling.

Reactions: wallyboiler79
Call me out for what? I'm not on here denouncing the coach and the team after a loss like you hatertards and am not predicting anything this season because we are not the team of last year. It's not really that hard of a concept.

And don't try and kid us, you hope we lose every game this year.
You are here shitting on fellow Purdue fans, because we beat an average middle of the pack Big Ten team at home last night. You're a pathetic troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT