ADVERTISEMENT

Heide

BoilerDaddy

All-American
Mar 26, 2009
One of the positives that I took from a disappointing Nebraska game is that I was impressed by the play of Cam Heide. I feel like he really is showing that he understands how to play a role and compliment the higher usage players on the team, particularly Edey and Smith. He doesn’t shoot a lot, but when he does he is very efficient, particularly from 3. He seems to be emerging as a defender and rebounder who isn’t at all afraid to get his hands dirty, kind of like Gillis is at the 4. In the long run, this gives be optimism. It would not surprise me at all if he is a 20 minute a game player down the stretch and a key asset heading into the NCAA Tournament.

I definitely want to enjoy the rest of this season and team, but in regards to next season, with all the young talent coming in and currently on the roster, it will be very interesting to see how the Starting 5 and player rotations shake out.

I definitely want to enjoy the rest of this season and team, but in regards to next season, with all the young talent coming in and currently on the roster, it will be very interesting to see how the Starting 5 and player rotations shake out.
It sure will. Like the team after Big Dog left, nobody (else) will have expectations. Other than expecting a big drop in play from Purdue. ;)

Reactions: tjreese and z_one
One of the positives that I took from a disappointing Nebraska game is that I was impressed by the play of Cam Heide. I feel like he really is showing that he understands how to play a role and compliment the higher usage players on the team, particularly Edey and Smith. He doesn’t shoot a lot, but when he does he is very efficient, particularly from 3. He seems to be emerging as a defender and rebounder who isn’t at all afraid to get his hands dirty, kind of like Gillis is at the 4. In the long run, this gives be optimism. It would not surprise me at all if he is a 20 minute a game player down the stretch and a key asset heading into the NCAA Tournament.
I hope to see Heide get 18-25 mins a game from here on out. Even if he makes a few mistakes, we need him ready for March.

Reactions: DrEss
It sure will. Like the team after Big Dog left, nobody (else) will have expectations. Other than expecting a big drop in play from Purdue. ;)
For sure! I think we will be top 25 and by the end be top 15…maybe putting to high of expectations but I think we are going to be good and offense and (MAYBE) defense will be different. I’m very curious to see what the offense looks like without it centered around a 7 footer…it’s been so long 😂

I see Harris starting from day 1. He is Painter first true freshman able to thrive on offence and defense. And coach love’s ‘em freshman that are defense studs.

I hope to see Heide get 18-25 mins a game from here on out. Even if he makes a few mistakes, we need him ready for March.
That is probably a bit more than what will happen. That doesn't mean that in a single game he couldn't hit those numbers though

I see Harris starting from day 1. He is Painter first true freshman able to thrive on offence and defense. And coach love’s ‘em freshman that are defense studs.
could slip into Lance's roll. Still a big jump from high school to college, but there will be some competition for others to grab a spot

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT