ADVERTISEMENT

Has Purdue found their DC?

Has Purdue found their DC but are waiting to announce it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Do you think Purdue has found their DC but are waiting for the season to end before announcing anything?

typically new coaches bring 1-2 recruits with them. Except for Hazell. Speculating, I would look at the latest two surprise new JUCO additions and see who was also recruiting them. and to see if they share any schools that were recruiting them.

Maybe his current team is in a bowl game.
People keep saying this, but I’m not seeing it. All sorts of coordinators of bowl teams have been hired and fired already. IU’s OC took the Fresno job and ND dumped Chip Long, just two examples. I could see them allowing a guy to coach the bowl game, but why wait to announce. I think it is much more likely that Brohm is still searching.

At first I was thinking because of a bowl game but then I thought its not a big deal to go ahead and announce. Brohm is secretive about injuries so why not this?

Reactions: TMA62
good points. Hazell's hiring was announced, and he was allowed to coach his bowl team, which was a huge mistake. Brohm's hiring was announced, and he left WKU and allowed holt to coach their bowl team.

Holt's hiring history serves as an example for this. We all knew he was Brohm's choice, but he had also applied for the WKU head coaching position. So his hiring announcement wasn't made until he received word that he wouldn't be the head coach.

This lends me to believe brohm has made several people an offer, and they are currently weighing other offers or are negotiating with the AD about salary.

Reactions: TMA62
I like the idea of a younger guy with defensive coordinator experience so Dennison and Freeman both fit that description. Wonder if some Louisville fan would call in another threat to Trinity High if Dennison would leave to join Brohm's staff? (TIC)

I like the idea of a younger guy with defensive coordinator experience so Dennison and Freeman both fit that description. Wonder if some Louisville fan would call in another threat to Trinity High if Dennison would leave to join Brohm's staff? (TIC)

I was running smack on the IU board and I was gonna post “I’m personally gonna take a shit in your concession stand” (last year) and I didn’t cause of that guy lol

their fans are too busy following their highly ranked basketball team and supposed dumpster fire football team in a bowl.

Lol.....the only dumpster fire is this board.

See you at the bowl!!

Yes it sucks as a Purdue fan not going to a bowl...I don’t know how you IU guys can handle not going so fricking often. I mean like decades with only one or two appearances...

So glad the big bowl game got IU that impressive 50+ recruiting class (once the guys that can’t get into IU academically...how is that even possible) drop off.

All I want for Christmas
Is a new DC
A new DC
Just a new DC
Gee if Brohm would only name a new DC
Then I could wish you Merry Christmas!

Reactions: IUhaterade
it's not how great your recruiting class is, it's what you do with it. We wasted a ton of our great recruiting class ranking at Wr the past 2 years. Yes, we got some great ones, but we also built up so much g dam depth, that never played that could have been used to recruit players at other positions.

And while we brag about how lofty our recruiting classes are, IU is going to the gator bowl. When was the last time Purdue went to a bowl game that people outside this forum have actually heard of ?

I'm giving props to IU. at least people have heard of the gator bowl. and what do purdue fans do? they brag about their recruiting class and then use injuries as their excuse for lack of depth and losses. or it takes us 3 years to develop our players. our great recruiting classes should have provided depth at all positions, not just WR.

maybe the future Dc is in the NFL and waiting to find out if his team is making the play-offs or not.

it's not how great your recruiting class is, it's what you do with it. We wasted a ton of our great recruiting class ranking at Wr the past 2 years. Yes, we got some great ones, but we also built up so much g dam depth, that never played that could have been used to recruit players at other positions.

And while we brag about how lofty our recruiting classes are, IU is going to the gator bowl. When was the last time Purdue went to a bowl game that people outside this forum have actually heard of ?

I'm giving props to IU. at least people have heard of the gator bowl. and what do purdue fans do? they brag about their recruiting class and then use injuries as their excuse for lack of depth and losses. or it takes us 3 years to develop our players. our great recruiting classes should have provided depth at all positions, not just WR.

So, um, why did you include this post in this thread? Pretty non sequitur.

Reactions: jindy

It’s what happens when you gift yourself 3 ridiculous wins against a non conference about as weak as I have ever seen. They add in Maryland Rutgers and NW.

They played nobody.

It’s what happens when you gift yourself 3 ridiculous wins against a non conference about as weak as I have ever seen. They add in Maryland Rutgers and NW.

They played nobody.

In their defense, we played a virtual nobody in Nevada, and lost. Not comparable to the cupcakes the Hoosiers played. But I doubt anyone scheduled Nevada thinking it was a massive resume building win. And unfortunately, i think the Loosiers probably would have beat them...

In their defense, we played a virtual nobody in Nevada, and lost. Not comparable to the cupcakes the Hoosiers played. But I doubt anyone scheduled Nevada thinking it was a massive resume building win. And unfortunately, i think the Loosiers probably would have beat them...
Maybe. But IU hasn’t been terribly good on the road in the past. Was a terrible idea to go to Nevada in week 1

I think the game between IU and Purdue was evidence that IU hasn’t exceeded Purdue yet. I still think Purdue is slightly ahead in the long term.

People keep saying this, but I’m not seeing it. All sorts of coordinators of bowl teams have been hired and fired already. IU’s OC took the Fresno job and ND dumped Chip Long, just two examples. I could see them allowing a guy to coach the bowl game, but why wait to announce. I think it is much more likely that Brohm is still searching.
Good logic, but the opposing view is that you don't terminate someone unless you are pretty sure you can replace him with some one who is better. Personally, I think Brohm has already decided on someone and is in the process off finalizing the deal Norm

Reactions: jindy and SKYDOG
Good logic, but the opposing view is that you don't terminate someone unless you are pretty sure you can replace him with some one who is better. Personally, I think Brohm has already decided on someone and is in the process off finalizing the deal Norm

Agree, Norm. I suspect something may leak out between Christmas and New Year's and an official announcement occur following the January 2nd bowl games. Maybe Freeman, Clayton(of WKU) or Claeys? Though Claeys' ending at WSU wasn't ideal, he has a solid history. I still like Freeman personally.

I doubt iu would've won at Nevada in the season opener. Poor scheduling choice for Purdue - thank you former AD? Give Purdue the loosiers' non-conference schedule and Purdue is in a bowl this year, too.

I doubt iu would've won at Nevada in the season opener. Poor scheduling choice for Purdue - thank you former AD? Give Purdue the loosiers' non-conference schedule and Purdue is in a bowl this year, too.
No way the Loosiers would schedule Nevada - they went 7-5 this year. That’s about 6 more wins than their usual non-con opponents...

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

Never heard of the Music City Bowl? Seems like that's a you problem, bud.

Reactions: pu79
Just read his bio,interesting. name Cort Dennison U.Louisville coD/C

I watched Dennison play LB at the University of Washington (my daughters went there). Not sure how he is as a coach but he was a total overachiever as a player.

I watched Dennison play LB at the University of Washington (my daughters went there). Not sure how he is as a coach but he was a total overachiever as a player.

The more I read about Dennison the more I like him as a possibility, along with Marcus Freeman of Cincinnati. Both have games yet to play, with Louisville playing the on 30th and Cincinnati on the 2nd. Wouldn't be surprised if Purdue hasn't already made the choice and waiting to announce until coach's current season/obligation is completed(same would apply if the choice is a current NFL assistant whose team isn't making the playoffs). There's not really a big recruiting advantage to gain by revealing the hire immediately - we're in a no contact/dead period at the moment I believe.

Whoever gets the job is going to have their hands full with the schedule...it has some solid guys to work with up front...there are still issues at LB though, and, potentially in the secondary.

Whoever gets the job is going to have their hands full with the schedule...it has some solid guys to work with up front...there are still issues at LB though, and, potentially in the secondary.
Clancy Pendergast is now available, no thanks.

Btw: did you know you can stream live games for free ha ha

Seriously what's up with all the spam on this board

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT