ADVERTISEMENT

Great NCAA Tournament Showing from the B10

BoilerPride08

Senior
May 18, 2006
The B10 has 3 of the elite 8 teams as Ohio State bounced UConn and Iowa and Maryland both advanced as well. Super strong showing by the conference and if it wasn’t for IU’s choke job we could’ve had 50% of the teams. Oh well, honestly it was the perfect showing for me. Love that Iowa, OSU and Maryland advanced and that IU choked.

Still think Purdue deserved a 10 seed for their record against super tough opponents but I’m just glad the big ten has been well represented.

Reactions: rgarlitz and DocRon
The B10 has 3 of the elite 8 teams as Ohio State bounced UConn and Iowa and Maryland both advanced as well. Super strong showing by the conference and if it wasn’t for IU’s choke job we could’ve had 50% of the teams. Oh well, honestly it was the perfect showing for me. Love that Iowa, OSU and Maryland advanced and that IU choked.

Still think Purdue deserved a 10 seed for their record against super tough opponents but I’m just glad the big ten has been well represented.
I hate it for IU, but they had their chance, remember TC4Three stating IU would collapse this year without Patberg? LOL... OSU is so much better with Jacy Sheldon on the floor. Her injury probably cost them a couple of seeds but they are playing their best again at the right time and healthy. I like Iowa and OSU chances to advance, but I would be utterly shocked if anyone beats USCar. Pac12 had a bad tournament, BEast not great, and B12 below seeding as well. Nice to see the majority of B10 teams play up to or over their seeds for the first time in a couple of decades. ACC and b10 with 3 in the E8 and SEC with 2.

Last edited:
OSU’s win over UConn was a surprise to me. Happy for them, and also Maryland taking care of ND earlier today. Big10 WBB repping well. I too was sorry to see IU lose - they really struggled against Miami, seeming unable to get anything to click.
I’m looking forward to watching the Iowa vs Louisville game tomorrow. Clark and VanLith will be must-see bball; both are cocky, skilled players. I think Louisville is a bit quicker, and they are playing well right now. Should be a good game. Wont be surprised if Louisville wins this one. They’re solid.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I hate it for IU, but they had their chance, remember TC4Three stating IU would collapse this year without the one girl that had been there forever? (totally blanking on her name atm)... OSU is so much better with Jacy Sheldon on the floor. Her injury probably cost them a couple of seeds but they are playing their best again at the right time and healthy. I like Iowa and OSU chances to advance, but I would be utterly shocked if anyone beats USCar. Pac12 had a bad tournament, BEast not great, and B12 below seeding as well. Nice to see the majority of B10 teams play up to or over their seeds for the first time in a couple of decades. ACC and b10 with 3 in the E8 and SEC with 2.
Are you thinking of Ali Patberg of IU? (the player who was there like 6 years?)

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE

You might have had a point IF Purdue had won the play in game against St Johns, unless you also contend St Johns should have been a 9 seed or higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT