ADVERTISEMENT

Gold and Black days effect?

chiboiler7

True Freshman
Oct 2, 2016
I enjoyed the series, but I seriously believe having players mic'd up and filmed (interviewed etc.) leading up to the season seriously hampered our preparation and focus. Especially with how many young players we have on our team. Being on TV can go to anyone's head, but especially that of an 18-19 y/o athlete. We have lost two games in a row now due to mental mistakes. I believe Brohm will right this ship before the year is up, but I truly believe the preseason distractions were killer for us.

Reactions: Boilermaker1964
I enjoyed the series, but I seriously believe having players mic'd up and filmed (interviewed etc.) leading up to the season seriously hampered our preparation and focus. Especially with how many young players we have on our team. Being on TV can go to anyone's head, but especially that of an 18-19 y/o athlete. We have lost two games in a row now due to mental mistakes. I believe Brohm will right this ship before the year is up, but I truly believe the preseason distractions were killer for us.

I think it's a convenient excuse. If they lost focus because of being filmed for a couple weeks, that's a bad coach. Maybe it'd contribute to NW, but to come off a season opener loss and play like we did against EMU....that's not simply they were too cocky because of something that happened a month ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT