ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue @ Florida State

This isn't on officials. Can't hit FTs and can't handle pressure. Edwards ain't an AA with double digit turnovers a game. Some day Painter will have a plan to beat pressure but apparently not this year. One guy dribbling doesn't cut it. Crappy all around. Coaching and playing. With no athletes you had better be mistake free. Two winnable games pissed away.

Unfortunate.....great effort to take control of the game......then just a lack of some poise down the stretch. Yeah....maybe some questionable calls, but if you let it come down to a possession, that's what can happen.

Some positives...but definitely a bittersweet game.
Always taking the high road Tex?...…...just kidding...…….but a couple of badly officiated games this year...…..hope they got them out of the way

Reactions: Zaphod_B
No offense to CLine but he can Foff with those last two plays. Jesus why would you let them tie you up. Unbelievable. This team will end up being 20-13 and on the bubble. F'ing ridiculous. Purdue basketball will choke 90% of the time every change we get. Over it. Thank god brohm stayed.

I hope Michigan beats us by 30 so everyone can pull their head out of their ass because apparently it didnt happen after VT beat us. I hate losses like this where we **** up in the most obvious and trash ways.

One thing is for sure...…………this young club handled the press, on the road, against a quality opponent, all while being down 12 at half
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ATHLETES!!!!!!!!!!
treasure2-1024x576.jpg

I don’t like harms involved in getting the ball in under pressure. Either put him down at the other end or take him out and have EBO help. In spite of his points it wasn’t a good game for CE. Aside from what I said earlier I will say the second half they were playing team ball .... and got back in the game ... actually had a decent lead. Then got sloppy, bad decisions, and missed FT’s cost them the game.

Reactions: Boiler8285
No offense to CLine but he can Foff with those last two plays. Jesus why would you let them tie you up. Unbelievable. This team will end up being 20-13 and on the bubble. F'ing ridiculous. Purdue basketball will choke 90% of the time every change we get. Over it. Thank god brohm stayed.

Go to bed already...……..

Eastern shut Mann down in 2nd half. He is not the problem. Free throws and all of the guards not handling pressure at end lost the game.
He is our main PG and seems to not handle pressure very well. Correct? As well, what offense does he bring to the table. I want him to get better but the improvement hasn't been what I expected. He was a good defensive player last year but offense and ball handling needed work.

Reactions: Boiler8285
This is a strange team. Poor ball handling, lack of depth up front (we played nearly the entire second half with 4 guards) but we just lost to the 15th team in the country by 1 on their home court. Cline kinda choked at the end but Purdue wouldn't have been in it without his 3s. Can the player of the game be the reason we lost the game?

I don't know what to take away from this game.

Call the obvious fouls!!! Edwards and Cline were held and tackled and no call smfh...you can’t miss those calls at that point in the game.

The no call on Edwards getting trucked was inexcusable. Calls like that should be reviewed and cost the refs that miss it a check for the game. FSU was trying to foul him.

Cline has to play like a Sr, they should have blown whistle, but he needs to be stronger with the ball.

We went into panic mode the last minute and half and gave it away. A shame, cuz we really played a great 2nd half (except for free throws) until then. Thought Carsen got fouled with 20 seconds to go. If he gets to the line and hits both we would have been up by 3 and probably won the game. We screwed up when we took Evan out of the game - don't get it. Going to be another crappy night of sleep. Everytime I wake up; I will think of this game. Hate it.

We went into panic mode the last minute and half and gave it away. A shame, cuz we really played a great 2nd half (except for free throws) until then. Thought Carsen got fouled with 20 seconds to go. If he gets to the line and hits both we would have been up by 3 and probably won the game. We screwed up when we took Evan out of the game - don't get it. Going to be another crappy night of sleep. Everytime I wake up; I will think of this game. Hate it.

I think I broke his freakin' neck!

longetyardkiel.jpg

So many turnovers and missed FTs—can’t win that way. I don’t think Saturday in Ann Arbor is going to be easy to watch either.

This is a strange team. Poor ball handling, lack of depth up front (we played nearly the entire second half with 4 guards) but we just lost to the 15th team in the country by 1 on their home court. Cline kinda choked at the end but Purdue wouldn't have been in it without his 3s. Can the player of the game be the reason we lost the game?

I don't know what to take away from this game.

I get some of what you're saying.....hard to read. My takeaway is mainly positive. When this team executes and plays patiently (not necessarily slowly all the time) and does not turn it over......they can play with just about anybody. However, you're going to see some inconsistency too. A higher ceiling......but can't make mistakes like tonight down the stretch..

One other thing under-the-radar so far is that they are better on the glass than I expected. Saturday will be a really good test. Tough finish for Carsen Edwards....I know he'll bounce back.....he was looking for teammates and to drive.....almost worked out. This was truly a half full/half empty type game......would have been a very good win. C'est la vie.

Reactions: cjf04
Eastern shut Mann down in 2nd half. He is not the problem. Free throws and all of the guards not handling pressure at end lost the game.
Yes he plays defense. A point guard with questionable handle, can't shoot beyond 2 feet or hit a FT is a big problem.

Reactions: cjf04
One thing is for sure...…………this young club handled the press, on the road, against a quality opponent, all while being down 12 at half
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ATHLETES!!!!!!!!!!
treasure2-1024x576.jpg
Very true, it's not like we had 20 turnovers or pissed the game away with the shot clock off.

Let's be real- this is definitely not the end of the world. Yeah- we choked, missed unforgivable freethrows and had way many turnovers.

BUT- the takeaways are mostly positive. We lost by 1 on the road to a team that hasn't lost at home in 34(?) games, while matching up against a team that was absolutely more athletic than us. We played inspired basketball in the second half and just couldn't convert. As we become more experienced we will close games out. This is a confidence building game- we can hang with most everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT