ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue @ Florida State

Really hurts to give away a potential signature win like that. We might need one of those come selection Sunday. Thought that was a quick whistle on the Cline tie-up. It was like we went into a prevent defense instead of just running our offense and being aggressive - what a bitter loss. Put the pedal to the metal and don't let up - because when you do - you see what happens. This is reminiscent of the two NCAA tournament losses we had in a row where we had a significant lead only to watch it disappear in the last few seconds. This is not a coincidence either, we need to figure it out to prevent this from happening in the future. I mean sometimes you simply can't prevent losing a lead, but in those two NCAA losses and tonight's loss it was our game to lose and we found a way. We really need to re-evaluate our end of game strategy because it isn't working. I never would have taken Evan out of the game. When we did we lost almost all of our momentum.

NE has to get better or I would rather have Sasha out there.
Get better at what shooting FTs what he played really well so what did he not do he made a bad turn over late in game he wasn’t the only one from what I saw.

Yea, him leaving for nba early won’t be a problem without lots of improvement.
He will be fine 6”7 at 220 pounds he can always work strictly on his game. NBA is based off potential so u no. He’s an elite defender so is Patrick Beverly so is rondo tucker Marcus smart all getting paid bcuz they are lock down defenders. He made t/o timing was bad but he gave good passes some of them were missed. I’ll admit he must score more to help take pressure off Cline and Carsten hopefully that is what he do moving forward.

Nojel is an elite defender. He is physically very gifted. We cannot strictly rely strictly on CE and RC to hit 3's. Nojel and Haarms have to be part of the offense. They play well together. They had a couple of nice two man plays last night. We need post touches, even if it doesn't result in a shot. Jacking up 3's every time down the court is not going to make us a contender come Big 10 season and tournament time. Turnovers killed us last night and everyone was guilty. CE is a bonafide All American, but he is human and will have off nights. Basketball is a team game and we need everyone involved.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Nojel is an elite defender. He is physically very gifted. We cannot strictly rely strictly on CE and RC to hit 3's. Nojel and Haarms have to be part of the offense. They play well together. They had a couple of nice two man plays last night. We need post touches, even if it doesn't result in a shot. Jacking up 3's every time down the court is not going to make us a contender come Big 10 season and tournament time. Turnovers killed us last night and everyone was guilty. CE is a bonafide All American, but he is human and will have off nights. Basketball is a team game and we need everyone involved.
I’m glad some are recognizing what nojel and Haarms mean to this team. If they get them both involved it will balance inside outside game

Reactions: rjmpu82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT