ADVERTISEMENT

Furst

depthcharge623

Sophomore
Dec 31, 2013
He seems to me to not be locked in lately. Seems very lackadaisical. Not ready for passes (granted some of the ones he missed or bobbled weren’t great passes either), seems to hesitate a lot like he’s mentally a step or two behind on the action, and just coming across like he doesn’t care.

A big part if that may just be appearances. Like the way that he chews gum makes it look like he’s very laid back as a person but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about the game. People said AJ Hammons was lazy and didn’t care but a large part of that was just his normal look/facial expression. So that could be all that is going on with Furst.

But something has felt off with him recently.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Schnelk
He seems to me to not be locked in lately. Seems very lackadaisical. Not ready for passes (granted some of the ones he missed or bobbled weren’t great passes either), seems to hesitate a lot like he’s mentally a step or two behind on the action, and just coming across like he doesn’t care.

A big part if that may just be appearances. Like the way that he chews gum makes it look like he’s very laid back as a person but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about the game. People said AJ Hammons was lazy and didn’t care but a large part of that was just his normal look/facial expression. So that could be all that is going on with Furst.

He’s been slumping lately, I think he’s going to be a really good player but lately he’s been mediocre at best.

In some respects, I’ve seen the same thing. My take is that (1) it is a long season and it might be hard to get up for every game, and (2) every BIG team we play has a dangerous, fast, big 5 or 4. He is usually called on to stay with the most active front line player to protect Edey from fouls. He might just be getting worn down playing defense against these guys. Don't know for sure, but his nature is pretty low key too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT